List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it’s the delivery.

“No matter how you slice and dice it, Horse f’ed up with Mills”

Well no. Horse has decided Mills greatest value to the TEAM is at half back. Much as he seems to have worked out that Heeney’s is at half forward.

Or maybe it’s a hack (and we’re all hacks here) describing our mids, who go out each week and bust their gut to the point of complete exhaustion, as s**t.
You just would never do that if you’d ever played midfield at any reasonable level and knew the difference between having an effective ruck and not having one.
There was not much worse when playing than coming off the field having chased arse all day because your ruck was out and some fat campaigner slugging his 10th beer says “Not your best day today, Bruce. Seemed to be second to it a lot”.

they have made it hard to be an effective ruckman these days

the small jump in the cricle

the constant wrestling at bounces, its a lost art imo, which is a shame. having said that a great ruck can make all the difference

Maybe it’s the delivery.

“No matter how you slice and dice it, Horse f’ed up with Mills”

Well no. Horse has decided Mills greatest value to the TEAM is at half back. Much as he seems to have worked out that Heeney’s is at half forward.

Or maybe it’s a hack (and we’re all hacks here) describing our mids, who go out each week and bust their gut to the point of complete exhaustion, as s**t.
You just would never do that if you’d ever played midfield at any reasonable level and knew the difference between having an effective ruck and not having one.
There was not much worse when playing than coming off the field having chased arse all day because your ruck was out and some fat campaigner slugging his 10th beer says “Not your best day today, Bruce. Seemed to be second to it a lot”.

OK, so I am a hack, but as you said, we're all hacks here. Just because you may not agree with my hack opinion and it differs from your hack opinion, doesn't give you the right to shame because of it. If you're going to draw the line at criticism of players who give their all, then we might as well shut this site down because we're all guilty of it.

Jan 13, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
OK, so I am a hack, but as you said, we're all hacks here. Just because you may not agree with my hack opinion and it differs from your hack opinion, doesn't give you the right to shame because of it. If you're going to draw the line at criticism of players who give their all, then we might as well shut this site down because we're all guilty of it.

Im not shaming your opinion. I’m shaming your denigration.
Jesus I’ve given you an example. “Horse ****ed up with Mills”. That’s just a ridiculous thing to say and you present it as unarguable fact “no matter how you slice it or dice it”.

You keep doing that in that way, I’ll keep shaming you. Because maybe I’m an old campaigner, but there’s a thing called manners. And if you’re going to say something about someone, you’d better be prepared to say that to them.

Opts

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Brisbane Lions
We delisted Membrey so he could get to Saints right away and start their preseason.
And have they returned the favour? No. Being the nice guy has got us nowhere. I would argue that club play harder with us because they know we will just fold.

Im not shaming your opinion. I’m shaming your denigration.
Jesus I’ve given you an example. “Horse f’ed up with Mills”. That’s just a ridiculous thing to say and you present it as unarguable fact “no matter how you slice it or dice it”.

You keep doing that in that way, I’ll keep shaming you. Because maybe I’m an old campaigner, but there’s a thing called manners. And if you’re going to say something about someone, you’d better be prepared to say that to them.

You think that saying someone "f'ed up" or not rating someone's performance isn't having manners? Well then I guess I have poor manners and so does everyone else around here.

Feel free to message me if you have any further issues with my posts because happy to talk about it but not worth derailing threads over.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Still be running around a suburban league if it wasn’t for the club
That's our lot Punts.
I've been pushing my anger over such things for years on here now.
They poach our players & push up their price should they stay. Paps is from Vic & they've pissed in his ear. Why shoukd I stay in Sydney for 300K when I should be on the 500K Carlton are offering. I'm not happy now!

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
I know I’ll be pummelled but....

I’d be happy to see the Swans give up pick 4 & instead trade it for 2 late first rounders.

Luke Jackson could be the next Grundy & Jackson Mead looks like the inside mid we really need.

I’m not convinced there’s much difference between 3 & 23 this year.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
I dont think its always black and white like that.

It sounds to me like he is happy to stay, but if there was an opportunity to move back to Victoria then he would be interested in looking at it. He probably hasn't made his mind up either way and just wants to keep options open.

Either way, he is contracted for 4 years and you would hope that we would only be accepting a trade offer if it was the kind of deal that is impossible to say no to. I.e. more than Carlton or North's first.

He has 4 options.
1. Leave Swans for Carlton
2. Leave Swans for North
3. Leave Swans for Melbourne girl.
4. Leave Melbourne girl for Swans girl.

I know I’ll be pummelled but....

I’d be happy to see the Swans give up pick 4 & instead trade it for 2 late first rounders.

Luke Jackson could be the next Grundy & Jackson Mead looks like the inside mid we really need.

I’m not convinced there’s much difference between 3 & 23 this year.

We need mids even more our midfield was utterly terrible. Mead looks good though but the Saints second could be upgraded

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
He will do better in our system & I'm sure we have thrown our hat in WW.

Ted if you are correct and that ever did come to fruition I would be as ecstatic as the day Plugger walked through the doors. Grundy is one of those blokes that just have an instinct that knows nothing else but to compete.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Ted if you are correct and that ever did come to fruition I would be as ecstatic as the day Plugger walked through the doors. Grundy is one of those blokes that just have an instinct that knows nothing else but to compete.
An absolute longshot but the fact still remains, we don't have a ruckman who can get on the ground. Apologies to Sinkers but his stats were pointing to him being the worst tap ruckman in tge league.
Big heart around the ground though.

Mick Oxlong

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 27, 2007
AFL Club
Sydney
An absolute longshot but the fact still remains, we don't have a ruckman who can get on the ground. Apologies to Sinkers but his stats were pointing to him being the worst tap ruckman in tge league.
Big heart around the ground though.
Struggled this year ruck wise but his ‘presence’ over the past 2 years (especially last season) took him out of the ‘Stinkers’ category. Personally, I think he needs Naismith playing...we won’t be getting Grundy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back