List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hayward would be on a fair bit more than that (so would others). He signed an extension to 2024, where he will be a 26yo at his peak. There is no way he gets paid 400k at the end of a 5 year deal when the average AFL salary is $370k right now

The idea of someone like Florent/Papley being on the AFL average is crazy as well, that's the average of all listed players so it includes hundreds of draftees plus the no-hopers in the bottom 16 of the list

absolutely i reckon we have a lot tied up

He's a Champion Ted. As I said once before this for me if it happened would make me as happy as the day Lockett pulled on the Red and White and Franklin after him. It has Sydney Swans DNA written all over it. A far cry from the South Melbourne Days when the biggest thrill I got over a possible recruitment of a player was when we were linked to Phil Carman. Watched Franklin tear us apart one night at MCG and walked away only dreaming of what it would be like to have him playing in Red and White. It happened so one can dream.
Well if it happened WW we'll have a ball reading the Pies board.
Sounds far fetched though but who knows what's going on.

They're the two inside mids after round one that I like. It'd be nice to have a Rantall in the team again.
The guy who led the 20m sprint also finished equal 3rd in yo yo...he is as good as any inside mid and he plays with a lot of Bloods characteristics, we would be getting a rolled gold steal with him imo. Sam Philp is his name.

OK....here is the trade deal....given Oraaaaaazzzzzziiiiooooooooo wants to head to Adelaide, why are we not talking to Essendon and offerring a straight swap - Daniher for Papley?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Jon Patton, a former No 1 pick, is going to walk to Hawthorn for a 3rd rnd pick but we are expected to cough up 2 first rounders for Joe Daniher. Both are injury prone returning from long term injury. If Joe Daniher played for Gold Coast and hadn't played for 2 years with OP what do you expect Vic clubs would pay to get him. Some absurd Vic centric commentary around these two.
Spot on. And illustrates perfectly what Joe is worth at the trade table.

OK....here is the trade deal....given Oraaaaaazzzzzziiiiooooooooo wants to head to Adelaide, why are we not talking to Essendon and offerring a straight swap - Daniher for Papley?
Cause Papley has 4 years left on his contract and has kicked 60 goals in the last two years compared to Joe's 1 year and what, 3 goals?

I just hope the batch of mushrooms that have gotten into the wrong hands down in Victoria haven't been shared up at Swans headquarters.

Our last 2 premierships were won without a star ruckman.

We need a competitive ruck, but it ain’t a position worth burning huge money on.
Richmond won on 2017 with one tall forward, why did they get a second, better, forward, if they can win without?

Looking at what we won with in the past is not a reason why we shouldn't pick up a gun (not that I think we'll get him).

Grundy is probably the player that would have the most instantaneous impact on the swans and how good we are. Just because other teams have won without an amazing ruckman doesn't mean that our team would be any less helped.

Focus on the team now, and the effect that a dominant ruckman would have, not on a team from 6 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back