List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unrestricted free agent yep I’ll have him.

Yeah, that was some game he played last week. He'd be our best player if he could replicate that every week.

Out of interest and for a bit of fun, who do people think will have the best career out of our emerging young stars? Best and fairest, leading goal kickers, all australians etc. it’s early days but if I had to rank the players on the list under 25 I’d go something like.

1- king (fingers crossed)
2- Clark
3- Gresham
4- billings
5- Coffield

Out of interest and for a bit of fun, who do people think will have the best career out of our emerging young stars? Best and fairest, leading goal kickers, all australians etc. it’s early days but if I had to rank the players on the list under 25 I’d go something like.

2- Clark
3- Gresham
4- billings
5- Coffield

1. Goat
2. Steele
3. Whitfield
4. M King
5. B King

2- Clark
3- Gresham
4- billings
5- Coffield

In order:

1. Greshem
2. King
3. Billings
4. Marshall
5. Battle

6.Patton and Clark

I'm told he is very out of sorts at the moment for various reasons.

Wouldn't surprise if he gives the game away. But that's just my gut feel given how much he loves the club.
10 years of AFL at one club - won't be "homesickness".

Obviously has some serious issues - hope for his sake thst its only about the rigours of playing sport at an elite level rather than some deeper problems.

Report: Western Bulldogs enter the race for Tomlinson
The race for Tomlinson is on!
Ben Cotton

EDITOR
May 21, 2019 - 2:38 pm
https://reddit.com/submit?url=https...Western Bulldogs enter the race for Tomlinson
https://www.zerohanger.com/report-new-victorian-club-enters-the-race-for-tomlinson-29859/#

805241164-696x464.jpg

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - JULY 01: Adam Tomlinson of the Giants runs the ball during the round 15 AFL match between the Greater Western Sydney Giants and the Geelong Cats at Spotless Stadium on July 1, 2017 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Cameron Spencer/AFL Media/Getty Images)

The Western Bulldogs will aggressively pursue out-of-contract GWS utility Adam Tomlinson, reports Tom Browne.

The shock retirement of Tom Boyd last week has helped free up approximately $1.5 million in the Dogs salary cap, putting them in a strong position to attack the free agency market.

“I think they’re (the Bulldogs) into Adam Tomlinson with a lot of their extra money from Tom Boyd retiring prematurely,” Browne told Triple M’s The Hot Breakfast.

“They’ve got about extra $1.5 million in the salary cap and they’re aiming for a forward.

“I know Tomlinson’s really a winger and defender but they think they might be able to change him or at the very least get Aaron Naughton up forward, which would free him up.”

Report: Western Bulldogs enter the race for Tomlinson
The race for Tomlinson is on!
Ben Cotton

EDITOR
May 21, 2019 - 2:38 pm
https://reddit.com/submit?url=https...Western Bulldogs enter the race for Tomlinson
https://www.zerohanger.com/report-new-victorian-club-enters-the-race-for-tomlinson-29859/#

805241164-696x464.jpg

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - JULY 01: Adam Tomlinson of the Giants runs the ball during the round 15 AFL match between the Greater Western Sydney Giants and the Geelong Cats at Spotless Stadium on July 1, 2017 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Cameron Spencer/AFL Media/Getty Images)

The Western Bulldogs will aggressively pursue out-of-contract GWS utility Adam Tomlinson, reports Tom Browne.

The shock retirement of Tom Boyd last week has helped free up approximately $1.5 million in the Dogs salary cap, putting them in a strong position to attack the free agency market.

“I think they’re (the Bulldogs) into Adam Tomlinson with a lot of their extra money from Tom Boyd retiring prematurely,” Browne told Triple M’s The Hot Breakfast.

“They’ve got about extra $1.5 million in the salary cap and they’re aiming for a forward.

“I know Tomlinson’s really a winger and defender but they think they might be able to change him or at the very least get Aaron Naughton up forward, which would free him up.”

Good. They can have him

2- Clark
3- Gresham
4- billings
5- Coffield
Are we talking in 2 , 4 or 5 years time ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good. They can have him
See that's the issue we have, as soon as a names thrown up supporters don't want them, he improves our side so i say yes we chase him.

No one wanted Dahluse,Rohan,Lycette & Roughead from WB & all are playing well for their new sides.

Any free agent or trade that improves our side we must pursue luckily BF pundits are not running the recruiting department.

See that's the issue we have, as soon as a names thrown up supporters don't want them, he improves our side so i say yes we chase him.

No one wanted Dahluse,Rohan,Lycette & Roughead from WB & all are playing well for their new sides.

Any free agent or trade that improves our side we must pursue luckily BF pundits are not running the recruiting department.

We need classy inside mids more than anything. To me he's really just loose defensive utility. I'm not sure he dramatically does make us better. You leave out Wilkie or D Mac I guess. He marks well but he's a bit like Acres, pretty good but he's rarely great and always looks like he needs a permanent position.

I can see him being a bust at the Saints without the class around him. There is always a chance that he becomes a gun when not surrounded by class but I don't see it. I actually quite like him but if there was a list of players I think we need, he'd be a long way down the list.

We need classy inside mids more than anything. To me he's really just loose defensive utility. I'm not sure he dramatically does make us better. You leave out Wilkie or D Mac I guess. He marks well but he's a bit like Acres, pretty good but he's rarely great and always looks like he needs a permanent position.

I can see him being a bust at the Saints without the class around him. There is always a chance that he becomes a gun when not surrounded by class but I don't see it. I actually quite like him but if there was a list of players I think we need, he'd be a long way down the list.
He would play the 2nd ruck as well & that's an area we lack never misses a game & is versatile.

He said best career. So no time frame I'm guessing.
So we would have to pick from these IMO . There are others but i couldn't see them making the massive leap to be elite , not that all on the list below will ever be elite

King Leading goal kicker 2024-at the earliest , possble AA, goes on to win Coleman for another 5 times
Billings Ends his career as a gun half forward who never quiet made it as a mid
Acres Turns out to be a gun in the WAFL
Clarke possible AA midfielder, B&F winner
Coff possible AA off the half back flank, B&F runner up
Bytel AA mid in the mould of Kennedy from Sydney and is instrumental in the saints rise up the ladder , B&F winner
Steele Good honest toiler , several top 10's in B&F
Gresh Ended up being a great part time mid but an even better forward pocket who kicked over 50 goals in a season several times
Clav Becomes a fantastic intercept weapon with his marking in defence
Marshall The modern day ruckman , super mobile who's tap work gets better each year , just misses AA selection

So we would have to pick from these IMO . There are others but i couldn't see them making the massive leap to be elite , not that all on the list below will ever be elite

King Leading goal kicker 2024-at the earliest , possble AA, goes on to win Coleman for another 5 times
Billings Ends his career as a gun half forward who never quiet made it as a mid
Acres Turns out to be a gun in the WAFL
Clarke possible AA midfielder, B&F winner
Coff possible AA off the half back flank, B&F runner up
Bytel AA mid in the mould of Kennedy from Sydney and is instrumental in the saints rise up the ladder , B&F winner
Steele Good honest toiler , several top 10's in B&F
Gresh Ended up being a great part time mid but an even better forward pocket who kicked over 50 goals in a season several times
Clav Becomes a fantastic intercept weapon with his marking in defence
Marshall The modern day ruckman , super mobile who's tap work gets better each year , just misses AA selection

If things go the way they are written here do you win a flag and when?

If things go the way they are written here do you win a flag and when?
You would hope if things went the way of my crystal ball we would have to be in the deep end of September , in saying that we have had more stars than that in the past and never won the flag , its the bottom 5-7 players that make the difference not the top 10 IMO

So?

Yes we have obvious holes, but just like you don't go broke making a profit, you don't regress adding talent.

What if we can't grab an elite mid?

Do we just do nothing and wait?

I find this logic perplexing.

If you had to give up a first, then fair enough. But if all you give up is your loose change and you add another class player, you'd be mad not to. IMO.

I don't think anyone is expecting his to propel us into contention.

All it does is push an existing player down the food chain and creates real solid depth, or to use a cliche, it improves your bottom six.

If you want to build an era of sustained success, you keep adding quality every time you can.

OK, that's my serious post for the day.

Switching back to smart arse mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back