List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure I'd prefer a taranto/cogniglio too but I don't think we're in a position to be choosy. It really depends on how we perform this year, if we can make a case that we'll be contending over the next few years then we won't have to pay nearly as much. Also it will be much easier convincing a star to come over if they know they'll be playing with Buddy and contending for a flag.

But the reality is I don't think Buddy would think twice about us as it stands, though if we keep defying expectations anything could happen..

He looks older and slower already I would worry about him being more Hanners like distraction than an asset.

We should be looking at Troy Menzel former blue/Crow from the SANFL.

He is a class above and loves a goal.

Could be our next Parker but with more goals

I couldn't work out what happened with him, he was looking like he should be elite at Carlton, he never went on with it though.

Was lazy early at Carlton. He increased his work load at Adelaide just couldn’t get a crack infront of Cameron/Betts etc..

He is a class above in sanfl

He had some really good games for them. He disappeared at the Crows. I was actually wondering what happened to him. Where did Jonty Scharenberg end up, he was considered a top 20 pick, didn't get drafted, was playing good SANFL and then disappeared.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having already banked 4 wins , is it time to move up in the Draft , and go after a class midfielder ?
Will a second rounder be enough to get us within range of a Rowell or Anderson type class mid ?
Who could possibly be the steak knives in such a deal if needed ?
Getting a young class mid should be a priority IMO , as you can never have too much talent in the engine room.
This is not a knock on Gresham , Steele whoever , but we need to complement them , and bat deep.

What are feeling re: Billings and Gresham's next contracts?

Feeling pretty confident Gresham will re sign but something tells me it will be harder to get Billings across the line. Just a feeling.

Either way, what do we offer them length and $ wise?

The better we play this year, the less we’ll have to offer them to stay, IMO. When you have good mates at your current club, as well as some good performances, then it’s a lot hard to be enticed by other clubs.
They’ve got time on their hands, so it’s not like they have to get to a top 4 side in the next couple years, and the club could even save money by pointing to how it could be used on a Free Agent that may well want to come if we keep this form up.

Gresh, Billings should be priorities before we even think about FA's and trades.
They would 100% be priorities but it's not like you can't pursue players whilst trying to sign your own.

The cap isn't an issue and I think both would be more likely to sign if they heard we were close to signing a gun recruit to be honest.

They would 100% be priorities but it's not like you can't pursue players whilst trying to sign your own.

The cap isn't an issue and I think both would be more likely to sign if they heard we were close to signing a gun recruit to be honest.
Jay Clark reporting that Billings is about to sign

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What are feeling re: Billings and Gresham's next contracts?

Feeling pretty confident Gresham will re sign but something tells me it will be harder to get Billings across the line. Just a feeling.

Either way, what do we offer them length and $ wise?
billings is part of a very tight knit group at the saints, just listen to the jack off podcast, he won't leave if we play well and pay him his worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back