List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stewart66

Club Legend
AFL Club
St Kilda
Whilst I'd love for us to finally get a decent player through our academy or Father Son rule , I do think the club academy system further compromises the Draft , with some clubs making out like Bandits from it. The Eagles and Dockers luckily had their recent submission to have access to ALL indigenous talent in WA , through their academy systems , knocked back , and that's a good example of the sh*t some clubs will pull. I would prefer an uncompromised Draft.
IMO we missed out on at least one premiership because of the father-son rule.

Annoying the Dockers picked my man Brett Bewley already talked up for round 1 by RTB

AFL Club
St Kilda
When thinking about how many games we will win or where we will finish, I give some thought to the other teams. Now I expect we will finish above Gold Coast and Carlton and Fremantle, and it depends a lot on which teams have a bad year. In the group to finish above the three teams I have mentioned, I expect to see Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn and Essendon maybe, North, Port, Brisbane and us. That is my tip on the teams to miss out on the eight this year, I am just not sure of the order for them.

gringo2011

Premium Gold
AFL Club
St Kilda
When thinking about how many games we will win or where we will finish, I give some thought to the other teams. Now I expect we will finish above Gold Coast and Carlton and Fremantle, and it depends a lot on which teams have a bad year. In the group to finish above the three teams I have mentioned, I expect to see Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn and Essendon maybe, North, Port, Brisbane and us. That is my tip on the teams to miss out on the eight this year, I am just not sure of the order for them.

I reckon Sydney might have trouble being as competitive too. Buddy has gone in for surgery and won't be having a preseason. They will have to hope Menzel can kick a heap of their goals.

BringBackPowerFwds

7.78 x Coleman medalist
AFL Club
St Kilda
I reckon Sydney might have trouble being as competitive too. Buddy has gone in for surgery and won't be having a preseason. They will have to hope Menzel can kick a heap of their goals.
Menzel's hit a speed bump too Gringo. He has had groin surgery and is not expected to start training until February.
They have Reid but he is still coming back from quad and achilles issues
Not sure where their goals will be coming from. Will need to rely on young guys like McCartin and some of their midfielders
I agree......I think they might struggle but I've been wrong about them before

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Olliver

Senior List
AFL Club
St Kilda
The Eagles will now field their own reserves side in the WAFL. One of the first non Eagles listed players signed , was none other than the brother of Blake Acres. They could have done better , but it's clearly a smart move. If Blake starts realizing his obvious potential , guess who will come calling.
West Coast will recruit the GOAT to play reserves with his brother?

Red Bull

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Carlton
Priority number 1 at this stage would have to be re-signing Gresham and Billings. Can't afford to lose either player.
Agreed.
I imagine clubs will be presenting some pretty enticing offers to these 2 blokes.
Their managers will use these offers to force the saints to pay FULL price no doubt.

Saintos

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Balmain
Will we be having a crack at a big name trade in 2019?
We’ll probably have a go at any half decent fa’s, but I get the feeling we’re backing in our own list development, having been unable to crack the destination club code in recent years.

Top Bottom