List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this year we will have Biggy, Vossy Jnr and Milney Jnr. It will be interesting to see the attitude of the other clubs to the Saints having dibbs on players for a change.
Inb4 biggie moved to Hawks zone

Ha ha So you’re saying our only significant fs/academy pick in the last 20 years is likely to be rated around pick 40??
He is talented no doubt in that but he still has a fair way to go, but right now imo he would be projected around that mark or later but it all depends on how his season and how he goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this year we will have Biggy, Vossy Jnr and Milney Jnr. It will be interesting to see the attitude of the other clubs to the Saints having dibbs on players for a change.
Well we saw how well it went down with Carlton fans with Bailey Rice...

We really ahould have kept Dean Anderson on longer. We could have played him as a 48 year old super sub for a few years just to limp him to 100 games.

Imagine getting a top 5 talent for nuffin

Typical st kilda :(

We really ahould have kept Dean Anderson on longer. We could have played him as a 48 year old super sub for a few years just to limp him to 100 games.

Imagine getting a top 5 talent for nuffin

Typical st kilda :(
Haha.
Should have kept BJ long enough so couldn't get to 100 elsewhere. Like others before him.

Outside of this St.Kilda Forum , my prediction of us finishing 14th would probably get called overly optimistic , yet within it , it would probably seem very conservative.
If we did finish 14th , that would have us at Pick 5 overall in the Draft.
If Gold Coast finish bottom , our pick gets pushed out one. (The AFL will see to that. They won't have Carlton obstructing them , and they will protect their lovechild) If Carlton are a shambles , our pick "may" get pushed back again. (Injuries are again hitting them hard.)
Now we have Max King , I think we will all be united in wanting to get in a gun midfielder by draft or trade , next year.
Their has been no real noise a year out , like there was about the Walsh/Rankine/King draft.
If that means the next draft is a weakish one , we will have to target an established star midfielder or one that's about to be.
I still like the idea of getting in Josh Kelly , and for a player on the rise , I wouldn't mind Taranto or the Freo Brayshaw.
Keen to hear other opinions.

Outside of this St.Kilda Forum , my prediction of us finishing 14th would probably get called overly optimistic , yet within it , it would probably seem very conservative.
If Gold Coast finish bottom , our pick gets pushed out one. (The AFL will see to that. They won't have Carlton obstructing them , and they will protect their lovechild) If Carlton are a shambles , our pick "may" get pushed back again. (Injuries are again hitting them hard.)
Now we have Max King , I think we will all be united in wanting to get in a gun midfielder by draft or trade , next year.
Their has been no real noise a year out , like there was about the Walsh/Rankine/King draft.
If that means the next draft is a weakish one , we will have to target an established star midfielder or one that's about to be.
I still like the idea of getting in Josh Kelly , and for a player on the rise , I wouldn't mind Taranto or the Freo Brayshaw.

Brayshaw would be nice but is far from established. Josh Kelly is a stretch but would be the ultimate target. Only way we get him is by pushing finals (or playing an exciting brand) which goes against your prediction of finishing 14th.

This season is make or break IMO

It could up being an excellent position for us to be in. If Bytel comes good then he ticks the box for a top (pick) young midfielder, plus there's Biggie, Voss and Milne coming cheap if they make the grade.
We could well end up having a top 5 pick as surplus to place on the open market for best return. Assuming that Brownie and Armo are the only ones to go at seasons end, our trade equity will be greater than the list deficit, meaning a possible end to the use of future picks. All in all, a good place to be!! Taranto or Cerra for mine, but again, we've got enough youngsters, so an A grade senior should still be the priority. And we'll likely need a ruckman and a Fullback imo.

It could up being an excellent position for us to be in. If Bytel comes good then he ticks the box for a top (pick) young midfielder, plus there's Biggie, Voss and Milne coming cheap if they make the grade.
We could well end up having a top 5 pick as surplus to place on the open market for best return. Assuming that Brownie and Armo are the only ones to go at seasons end, our trade equity will be greater than the list deficit, meaning a possible end to the use of future picks. All in all, a good place to be!! Taranto or Cerra for mine, but again, we've got enough youngsters, so an A grade senior should still be the priority. And we'll likely need a ruckman and a Fullback imo.
It will be interesting to see what unfolds , especially in the ruck division. Does anybody know about the Mifsud kid ? He was at one point seen to be our first expected Academy player , but haven't heard anything on him since. It's been all Voss and Milne.

The fullback is covered with Austin, Clav coming through. Ruck is going to be the surprise packet, make it or break it for Longer and pierce.

The fullback is covered with Austin, Clav coming through. Ruck is going to be the surprise packet, make it or break it for Longer and pierce.
Clav and Austin seem to both be intercepting play makers so I'm not yet convinced on their inclusion. Though l look forward to it playing out this year...

Or Marshall comes on in leaps and bounds and takes it off both of them , that would be the perfect situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back