List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to be an ITK to know the Saints have plenty of cash to throw at big name players. They've failed the last two years (except Hanners, but we didn't need to pay overs for him) so why would anyone expect them to give up now?

In terms of salary cap, we certainly did pay overs for Hannebery; he’s on a deal worth between $500K and $800K per season (depending on who you believe). Having said that, I imagine a majority of that would have been frontloaded into this year’s contract, since I suspect we had well over $1M free in the salary cap during the trade period (after Hanneberry’s salary), with the expectation/hope of landing a Free Agent.

tedtheodorelogan2018 on SS reporting -

More will come to light during the season but its confirmed the Saints will be going all out for a couple of massive fish. Big $'s and big contracts on offer. Players ars very open to moving too. Watch this space.

You would expect Kelly to be on name I wonder who else?
Ps , im going chasing Tuna and Kingfish in a few weeks time i hope the saints do better than i normally do landing these big fish

I would like to think we would be interested in Haynes and Kelly from GWS. But who would we be interested in from other clubs? Ideas?

Laverde's name always comes up.

We need a ruck. Tom Nicholls from the Suns anyone?

Other than that it's just mids, mids and mids.

Well, a new year, another chance to post...

we-want-jelly.jpg

If Kelly wanted to come to us, it would have been more obvious by now. He named the Kangaroos as being a chance after he re-signed with the Giants.

That ship has either sailed or isn’t even on the water. Josh Kelly isn’t happening. We aren’t in the picture.
I know, Barney, Moe and the Chilli Peppers are. :drunk:

If Kelly wanted to come to us, it would have been more obvious by now. He named the Kangaroos as being a chance after he re-signed with the Giants.

That ship has either sailed or isn’t even on the water. Josh Kelly isn’t happening. We aren’t in the picture.

We’ve got a year to change his mind...it’s not over till the fat lady sings :p

Finals and a promising year of growth in our team, and the Roos sink and Giants choke. Back in the frame, Carlton will make a play but don't have the currency of picks to afford him unless Crows really choke which I doubt.

This is all hypothetical though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Son of Jason Mifsud. Nowhere near qualifying for father-son , but as he is indigenous and in our zone , he is or was a part of our academy.
I dont remember Jason playing a senior game, I know he played a lot for the reserves. He was an assistant coach under Grant Thomas. I hope his son makes it. Is this his draft year?

Ps , im going chasing Tuna and Kingfish in a few weeks time i hope the saints do better than i normally do landing these big fish
Well if they’re as good at fishing as you are then I guess it’s “welcome to the Saints Jack Beercan and Josh Gumboot” :p

I dont remember Jason playing a senior game, I know he played a lot for the reserves. He was an assistant coach under Grant Thomas. I hope his son makes it. Is this his draft year?
Not sure mate , I was actually hoping to find out about him myself. This whole Academy thing is the biggest piece of crap the AFL has thought of recently.
Do you remember Chris Johnson , Brisbane premiership player ? Well his son is part of the Essendon Football Club Academy. Young Lachlan Johnson can still choose Brisbane under the father-son rule , but imagine the uproar if the son of triple premiership player and 200 plus game player chooses Essendon.
I'm sure some basement dwelling flog will come along and say it's a good and fair system , but it isn't.

Not sure mate , I was actually hoping to find out about him myself. This whole Academy thing is the biggest piece of crap the AFL has thought of recently.
Do you remember Chris Johnson , Brisbane premiership player ? Well his son is part of the Essendon Football Club Academy. Young Lachlan Johnson can still choose Brisbane under the father-son rule , but imagine the uproar if the son of triple premiership player and 200 plus game player chooses Essendon.
I'm sure some basement dwelling flog will come along and say it's a good and fair system , but it isn't.
Already happened. Two draftees last year had a choice of three clubs because of this absurd system. Nick Blakey was eligible as father-son to North and Brisbane, he chose the Sydney academy. Bailey Scott had a choice of North and Geelong as a father-son but also Gold Coast as an academy, he chose North.

And with the indigeneous and multicultural academies, it's only going to get worse.

How on earth does Lachlan Johnston qualify for the essendon Academy? Does he live in Essendon area? And is that enough to qualify him if he is already bound to Brisbane with Father and Son?
It has emerged Essendon also has listed Lachlan Johnson, the son of Brisbane Lions' triple premiership defender Chris Johnson, as part of their NGA as a Victorian Indigenous youth. The youngster is also eligible to be a father-son selection for the Lions.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/afl-draft-pool-drained-by-academies-20180502-p4zcxn.html

Wasn’t Chris indigenous?
If so, that’s the reason.

In that case can we pls buy a house in our zone and put all of Cyril, Andrew McLeod, Gavin Wanganeen and Buddy Franklin's kids in there?

tenor-26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back