List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
I got told a couple of months ago that Ben was far more likely to thrive away from home than Max. From a mate who knows the family reasonably well. So this comes as no surprise to me. Sounds as if he's quite independent. Suns would look after him too.
He has been down in Melbourne quite frequently as well which would help.

nitewalker13

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
If we come bottom 3 Coniglio aint cummin and half the team will up stumps, take their ball and go play somewhere else.

You are right, some of our players will pack up and leave. Billings, Gresham, Steven and even Carlisle. I don't know about other players contracts.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Some serious midfield talent this year, exactly what we need. Matt Rowell from Carey Grammar would be mine with the new rules, a clearance king.

Would likely go pick 1 ..... took Old H. apart they played 2 on him beat them convincingly.

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think they are going to throw the kitchen sink at him. A lot of the GC boys are with the same player agent who has had some success in keeping the players from leaving.

That's ok though, by 2022 he should be established.
And time to now have some faith in Clav and Joyce (and Battle). That’s ok, we spend our picks on mids!

ScrappyDo

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2018
Omnipotent
AFL Club
St Kilda
And time to now have some faith in Clav and Joyce (and Battle). That’s ok, we spend our picks on mids!
Spot on Tommy Wigs. Bing will come over if he wants to so little point throwing resources at him now. We'll get Biggy too, so the KPP stocks are chockers. Elite mids by draft/trade/FA is the only requirement from here.

eDPS

Premium Platinum
Nov 4, 2010
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Some serious midfield talent this year, exactly what we need. Matt Rowell from Carey Grammar would be mine with the new rules, a clearance king.
Miss out on Rowell and you might have to settle for Noah Anderson what a shame :p, he absolutely tore up a practice match on the weekend which Rowell also played in.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
If we are bottom 3

1) Coniglio wont touch us with a barge pole
2) The coach is gone by mid season
3) talented players will leave.

And they wont be the only ones to pack it in.
It means going into 2020 not coming close to finals in a decade and looking at another 5 year rebuild.
I dont know if I can continue to live in false hope. Reckon I wont be the only supporter who feels that way.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
If we are bottom 3

It means going into 2020 not coming close to finals in a decade and looking at another 5 year rebuild.
I dont know if I can continue to live in false hope. Reckon I wont be the only supporter who feels that way.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best I guess.. only thing we can do.

If we are bottom 3

thats how i felt last year mate :-( i'm just pushing through now. subtle art of not giving a *. venting on here is helping me get by tbh.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Now that we are finishing bottom three with Carlisle busted for the season, whats our preference? Trade pick three or so for Coniglio or a similar type or go for another kid? How young can our list be?
Coniglio is a RFA. I can't see the Giants being able to match any contract if they are re signing Kelly and co.

Can't see him coming to the Saints though and definitely not I'd we finish bottom 3 with the draw we have.

Im guessing a some of you never followed the saints in the late 70's or all of the 80's , we won more spoons than games back then and i will never drop off following this club , stick fat lads as one day it will turn and we will get that second cup

Doug Hogan 23

Cancelled
Apr 9, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Im guessing a some of you never followed the saints in the late 70's or all of the 80's , we won more spoons than games back then and i will never drop off following this club , stick fat lads as one day it will turn and we will get that second cup
We’ll all be dead and no-one will be able to post to celebrate.

We’ll all be dead and no-one will be able to post to celebrate.

Don't laugh, society will fall 2 minutes before the siren while we're 4 goals up in the GF.

nitewalker13

Club Legend
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
I am not confident about our recruitment team and medical team.

Why the hell we recruited Bytel when we knew he has issue with his back? Bulged disc.

We already got max king out till late in the season, then we got Hanners with injury history. Plus we already knew about Paddy and Robbo's history. We have not learned anything from Freeman's history.

Look at Hawks medical team, they sorted out omera and Scully is well on track to recovery.

Why the hell we recruited Bytel when we knew he has issue with his back? Bulged disc.

We already got max king out till late in the season, then we got Hanners with injury history. Plus we already knew about Paddy and Robbo's history. We have not learned anything from Freeman's history.

Look at Hawks medical team, they sorted out omera and Scully is well on track to recovery.

Actually, Bytel would've gone top 15 if it wasn't for his injury. We knew he would be out for the season, because of his surgery but the reward we would get if he reaches his potential was worthy of the pick we picked him with. Hanners recruitment is larger than him just getting on the park, his presence, leadership, aura around the club was needed, and we got that. We have Robbo's insurance in Claverino, Wilkie, Battle and there's a reason why we selected King, because of Paddy's ongoing concussion issues, his selection makes more sense with the recent Paddy news. King is here for a career, he gets to spend most of this time working on his strength and other stuff while recovering, which is good imo, less pressure for the moment, which what our other top picks experienced and struggled.

Indie Rock

Club Legend
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

Pick 41 is a bit speculative anyway so the club must have seen it as being worth a punt instead of taking another player around that point. Also given the strategy to recruit multiple mature age players who are ready to go meant we were obviously willing and able to play the long game with Bytel (and Max King to a lesser extent).

Be interesting to see what players from the 35-50 range in the 2018 draft establish themselves in sides.

For every Joey (37) and Jack Steven (42) there will be a raft of players that don’t have that much impact. Our recent picks in that range (say 35-46) have been:
- Claravino (35) (only 1 year on list so ?)
- Paton (46) (only 1 year on list so ?)
- Battle (39) (looks promising)
- White (40) (not part of best 22)
- Lonie (41) (in and out of the best 22)
- **Brodie Murdoch (40) (delisted)
- **Josh Saunders (43) (delisted)

**The last 2 were compromised draft (2012) but even then our picks in the 20s were Nathan Wright and Spencer White, both delisted now.

Not overly inspiring, Lonie looks at the moment like a GOP with potential to be a bit more and Battle definitely looks like he has a good future. The rest are still unknown.

Bytel has a lot of potential and only slipped that far due to his back problems, so it’s a bit of a punt. Although agree we have got a s**t track record recently punting on injury risks and it not really working out.

Last edited:

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Look on the bright side. Top 3 pick for us this year. Do we trade, do we go to the draft? I’m not over how deep this draft is this year.. a downgrade could be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back