List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMD another half back flanker. No thanks.

“Jacob Hopper no matter what”.
I haven't been watching him but he's 5th in the league for average inside 50s, so either he gets on his bike from half back and bombs it into the forward line a lot or he's playing more midfield these days. Either way, would like to see how Hind goes in the seniors, I reckon he could offer something pretty similar to Jones but with better kicking.

FMD another half back flanker. No thanks.

“Jacob Hopper no matter what”.
Jones has played in the on ball rotations a fair bit this year and has been ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was an article on Jones in the HUN the other day and he's been playing big minutes in the guts and had a 31 disposal (14 contested), 7 clearance game there a week or two ago.

You'd think if he continues to go well there they'll be loathe to lose him, as they need his midfield speed as much if not more than us.

If he has a good year in the middle and our first is around 8 or worse I'd likely prefer him over someone 18yo who might take years to really take off if at all.

We've already got Hunter, Coff and Bytel for that.

Last edited:
Hopper was the one I said we should throw a $500K PA offer at in his first year or two. Was just a machine in the juniors and has had a ridiculous run with injuries (and apparently lost over 10kg last preseason with glandular fever that they kept quiet), but is now doing what he always had the talent to do.

Hopper was the one I said we should throw a $500K PA offer at in his first year or two. Was just a machine in the juniors and has had a ridiculous run with injuries (and apparently lost over 10kg last preseason with glandular fever that they kept quiet), but is now doing what he always had the talent to do.
Had like 30 and 10 clearances in his debut year when he got rising star NOM. about to hit 50 games this year, if we get him, he'll just hit his prime in a season or two. 750k 5 years, get it done.

Last year showed our draft hand wont be static.
True but we also have less to play with at present. Jones won't be a future second special and to get the kind of currency we need to get him would likely involve shifting someone I'd rather keep.

True but we also have less to play with at present. Jones won't be a future second special and to get the kind of currency we need to get him would likely involve shifting someone I'd rather keep.

Jack Steven, if he wants out.

Maybe I need to watch Jones a bit more carefully. Stats look good & if he’s been playing more midfield then he could be exactly what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back