List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Steven, if he wants out.

Maybe I need to watch Jones a bit more carefully. Stats look good & if he’s been playing more midfield then he could be exactly what we need.
885B8BDC-8804-458A-A75D-AD706B9367E4.jpeg

Jones's numbers are very similar to Jack Stevens at the same age

View attachment 655425

Stuv was probably still playing some of his time forward still. He didn't get much opportunity to play seniors so not a very accurate comparison, he started later than a lot of players. I don't hate Jones but he's not a particularly high contested ball winner or a huge accumulator. He's not what I thought we would target.

The bigger question is if we are interested in these players how is the news getting out particularly to the media? Surely all we would be doing is upping their current clubs asking price come seasons end?

Or while Sydney are signing him on $600,000 a season we put in a sneaky big offer to Parker instead.

Stuv was probably still playing some of his time forward still. He didn't get much opportunity to play seniors so not a very accurate comparison, he started later than a lot of players. I don't hate Jones but he's not a particularly high contested ball winner or a huge accumulator. He's not what I thought we would target.
Think 2014 was actually a bit of a down year for Stuv after he'd won the B&F the year before, Jones hasn't gotten near that level yet.

True but we also have less to play with at present. Jones won't be a future second special and to get the kind of currency we need to get him would likely involve shifting someone I'd rather keep.
If we keep going well, there might be some players of worth who are looking for more opportunity

The bigger question is if we are interested in these players how is the news getting out particularly to the media? Surely all we would be doing is upping their current clubs asking price come seasons end?
Manager, using it as currency to up his Sydney dealings.
Best deal for his client

Hawks 2nd for White, then on trade that with Coff for Jones.
Are we talking about the same White? Brandon White. A 2nd rounder for him, you're taking the absolute piss. More chance of being delisted, no doubt about that.

And also trading Coff. A top 10 pick from a year ago! Come on mate. I understand he is a bit out of form but giving up on a player after 2 years in the system is absolutely ludicrous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we talking about the same White? Brandon White. A 2nd rounder for him, you're taking the absolute piss. More chance of being delisted, no doubt about that.

And also trading Coff. A top 10 pick from a year ago! Come on mate. I understand he is a bit out of form but giving up on a player after 2 years in the system is absolutely ludicrous.
The whole post was taking the piss...

Hawks 2nd for White, then on trade that with Coff for Jones.

Trade Coffield ? Why would we do that ? He still is learning the game but his disposal is almost elite already . No way would we trade him .
At this stage i doubt anyone would trade for White given that he cant get a game for us at the moment .

Don’t Panic !!

Trade Coffield ? Why would we do that ? He still is learning the game but his disposal is almost elite already . No way would we trade him .
At this stage i doubt anyone would trade for White given that he cant get a game for us at the moment .

Don’t Panic !!
White is elite and the reason he can't get a game is because Richo hates him.

BT, I think only my nanna falls for bullshit jokes more than you do.

i know , my wife gets me all the time with jokes like that lol.

Those stats for Jack were from 2014 mate, he'd already won a best and fairest by then and was well and truly playing through the middle.

I think it is a very good comparison as Jones has made the move into the midfield this year and as I said, his stats are almost identical to Stuv.

As for not being a great accumulator, well he's averaging over 25 touches a game and over 8 contested possessions.

Think 2014 was actually a bit of a down year for Stuv after he'd won the B&F the year before, Jones hasn't gotten near that level yet.
Not really, his stats were pretty similar to the year he won the best and fairest. Only slightly down. I'm not suggesting Jones is as good as Stuv but he's a good comparison.

Screenshot_20190416-061621_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back