List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No thanks for me.

Dunstan a better footballer and supporters want to give him away.

Speed required / outside running players

Langdon ( Freo )

Martin ( Gold Coast )

Caldwell ( GWS ) if he wants to come home

Still have no one to replace Jack Steven .
Bytel for Steven?

Bytel is more in and under.. Think Priddis or Sloane style. I agree, we need some true outside mids to replace Steven in the guts. We have seemed to cover it well short term this year, so hopefully there’s a gem in the drafts this year.

Whitfield.

Give him a farm on the Mornington Peninsula ..end of 2020.

Restricted Free Agent

Something went completely awry with him after his first year.

Was in the best just about every week in the VFL in his first year, and then he played the last 8 or so games for us in the seniors, holding down a key defensive post at just 18yo, and even had over 20 disposals in one game, but then the next year he was a shadow of his previous year's self right from the intra-club game, where he was unsighted, and hardly ever got a mention in the VFL, and he never really got going again after that.

Something went seriously off track for him between those first and 2nd seasons.

You wouldn't think it would have been the heat stress he suffered, but maybe it just was.

Or perhaps putting on about 12 kg in about 12 months!

Something went completely awry with him after his first year.

Was in the best just about every week in the VFL in his first year, and then he played the last 8 or so games for us in the seniors, holding down a key defensive post at just 18yo, and even had over 20 disposals in one game, but then the next year he was a shadow of his previous year's self right from the intra-club game, where he was unsighted, and hardly ever got a mention in the VFL, and he never really got going again after that.

Something went seriously off track for him between those first and 2nd seasons.

You wouldn't think it would have been the heat stress he suffered, but maybe it just was.

Or perhaps putting on about 12 kg in about 12 months!
Was his Achilles and then foot injuries wasn’t it? After that he lost all his pace and agility. Completely different player..

Was his Achilles and then foot injuries wasn’t it? After that he lost all his pace and agility. Completely different player..

Yes and no. He finished his first year in the one's and was doing ok. He started the next year in the twos so he had already dropped off. Then he did his Achilles and never got back from there.

Is it the beach front one or the Main Street one?
I haven’t got any there.. too far out of my comfort zone.. closest one is in Brighton or Middlepark. He can have Middlepark. My local down there is the Flinders Hotel. Great pub that makes no money, but I don’t care - lucky to have something so good in a tiny town.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should read how New England have beaten the system for 18 years under Bill Belichick.

It’s fascinating reading but basically they haven’t done it by trading away future picks, picking talent over need or getting sentimental about their own players. They have helped other teams to beat themselves and made a killing themselves whilst doing so.

I’m pretty sure our new stats guy would be all over it but I would have been happier if the Patriots were on the list of NFL teams we visited.
Any reading?

You should read how New England have beaten the system for 18 years under Bill Belichick.

It’s fascinating reading but basically they haven’t done it by trading away future picks, picking talent over need or getting sentimental about their own players. They have helped other teams to beat themselves and made a killing themselves whilst doing so.

I’m pretty sure our new stats guy would be all over it but I would have been happier if the Patriots were on the list of NFL teams we visited.
to be fair they do have the goat

Yes and no. He finished his first year in the one's and was doing ok. He started the next year in the twos so he had already dropped off. Then he did his Achilles and never got back from there.
Yeah he was already a shadow of his former self before he did his achilles. Was a very strange one that.

Any reading?
Belichick is incredibly difficult to predict and gives nothing away to the media but there are plenty of articles on what they have done over the years.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/bill-belichick-nfl-draft-new-england-patriots/

That’s just an old story that highlights how they have created value by smart trading. There are countless pieces on them and many would argue that without Belichick and Brady you couldn’t be successful using their strategy. Plenty of teams have had countless high draft picks and have been terrible, the patriots haven’t had any and have been great. They have a current 15 year streak I think where they have had at least 1 undrafted free agent on their final squad.

It’s a different game with different rules around recruiting and cutting players but it appears obvious that high draft picks are at least somewhat overrated. Just as the article below shows the importance of late picks or players recruited from lower leagues. Wilkie and Parker for example have surprised a lot of people, they shouldn’t have.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story...rtant-undrafted-players-are-in-the-nfl-090516

It’s food for thought, anyway it’s draft day today and for the next few days I’ll be watching with interest what the Patriots do.

Yeah he was already a shadow of his former self before he did his achilles. Was a very strange one that.

I reckon it was size too, he looked huge after starting out slim.

Carlisle - Top 10 Player - High Cost Trade.
Steven - Top 10 Player - Late Draft Pick
Gresham - Top 10 Player- Late first round pick.
Ross - Top 10 Player - Late first round pick. ( compromised ).
Steele - Top 10 Player - Moderate Price Trade.
Hannebury- If fit - Top 10 player. -Low Price Trade.
Billings - Top 10 Player - Early first round.
Bruce -Top 10 Player - Low cost trade.
Membrey -Top 10 Player - Delisted F A.
Webster -Top 10 Player - 2nd round pick.

Lonie - Best 25 - Late Pick.
Geary = Best 25 - Rookie
Acres - Best 25 - Late first round ( compromised )
Savage - Best 25 - Low cost trade ( steak knives ).
Newnes - Best 25 - Late Pick.
Marshall- Best 25 - Rookie
Long - Best 25 - 2nd round pick.
Sinclair - Best 25 - Rookie.
Brown- Best 25 - Low cost trade.
Kent- Best 25 - Low cost trade.
Battle- Best 25- 2nd round pick.
Parker -Best 25 - Late pick.
McKenzie -Best 25 - 2nd round pick.
Wilkie - Best 25 - Rookie.
Dunstan-Depth player- Late first round ( compromised )

Clark - Depth Player/future prospect - Early first round pick.
Coffield - Depth Player/future prospect - Early first round draft pick.
Phillips - Depth player/ future prospect - Late Pick.
White - Depth player / future prospect - 2nd round pick.
Paton - Depth player / future prospect -Late pick.
Hind - Depth player /future prospect - Late pick.
Young - Depth / future prospect - Rookie
Marsh - Depth / future prospect - Rookie.
Joyce - Depth / future prospect - Rookie.

Longer - Depth - Moderate cost trade.
Austin - Depth - Low cost trade.
Pierce - Late Pick.

Rice Emergency Depth - Late Pick.
Armitage- Emergency Depth - former top player - Mid first round pick.
Rowe - Emergency Depth - Rookie.
Langlands - Emergency - Rookie.

King - Future prospect - Early first round pick.
Bytel - Future Prospect - 2nd round pick.
Clavarino - Future Prospect - 2nd round pick.
Alabaxis - Future Prospect - Rookie.

Roberton - to retire. Low cost trade.
McCartin - Career in doubt , Early first round.

----------------------------
Only 2 of our best players should be high profile due to how we got them ( No purple not Hannebury ). Only two in the 22 really.
We are likely to have 4 guys originally off the rookie list on any game day.

We have 9 guys who can come in , without causing groans of anguish, all with an upside.
Only 3 depth players are purely that.

Some exciting prospects who can't play yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back