List Mgmt. 2019 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
700K would get Tom Phillips
● 34 disps (21 kicks 13 hballs), 4 marks and 2 goals in Rd 8 19-pt win over Carlton at the MCG (11 May 2019)
● 31 disps (16 kicks 15 hballs) and 8 marks in Rd 7 39-pt win over Port Adelaide at Marvel Stadium (3 May 2019)
● 26 disps (16 kicks 10 hballs) and 6 marks in Rd 6 4-pt win over Essendon at the MCG (25 Apr 2019)
● 29 disps (15 kicks 14 hballs) and 4 marks in Rd 5 62-pt win over Brisbane at the Gabba (18 Apr 2019)
● 29 disps (19 kicks 10 hballs), 8 marks, 5 tackles and 2 goals in Rd 4 14-pt win over the Western Bulldogs at the MCG (12 Apr 2019)
● 25 disps (18 kicks 7 hballs), 10 marks and a goal in Rd 2 44-pt win over Richmond at the MCG (28 Mar 2019)
● 24 disps (16 kicks 8 hballs) and 7 marks in Rd 1 7-pt loss to Geelong at the MCG (22 Mar 2019)
Him on one wing and Billings on the other would be pretty good.

My question would be how good is he without Collingwood's elite mids feeding it out to him?

Him on one wing and Billings on the other would be pretty good.

My question would be how good is he without Collingwood's elite mids feeding it out to him?
Very good question

Isn’t McCartin on the long term injury list? Why would Armo retire early giving up the rest of his contract midseason?
Paddy isn’t officially out for the season yet so no draft spot.

I imagine Griggs was paid out to take one for the team so they can draft. I reckon we’ll be pushing for the same for one of ours - they seem the most obvious

Kinda ironic how the one thing that has put an even bigger gap between us and the big teams ( free agency) is pretty much the only thing that can get us outta the sh/t if we lose Steven for nothing.
We ll have even more money spare and bugger all picks or players to trade .
A free agent to replace Steven, and another one to go with em . We have the same cap as everyone else - just need to get two in thru the gates of Moorabbin somehow.
We need a point of difference to sell it to them . Max King could help sell it if he shows a lot this year .

Kinda ironic how the one thing that has put an even bigger gap between us and the big teams ( free agency) is pretty much the only thing that can get us outta the sh/t if we lose Steven for nothing.
A free agent to replace Steven, and another one to go with em . We have the same cap as everyone else - just need to get two in thru the gates of Moorabbin somehow.
We need a point of difference to sell it to them . Max King could help sell it if he shows a lot this year .

Free agents are like buying a second hand car.
If you want a Falcadore , just go and get one.
If you want a DeLorian, you may not be able to get one even if you can afford it.

Our initial reliance on FA to compliment early draft picks is what has put us in this situation IMO.

With hindsight we would have kept a few players instead of pushing them out the door.

Our initial reliance on FA to compliment early draft picks is what has put us in this situation IMO.

With hindsight we would have kept a few players instead of pushing them out the door.

Yep we created opportunities, but failed to convert.

+1

Crows might be keen on Will Gould (SA boy touted top 10 pick). If they think they could get him and a 2nd local lad they may be interested

Still, history shows it is almost unheard of for clubs to trade away pick 1. Reckon we would have to give up massive overs.

Edit:

OR...... crows go after Grundy. They don't want to give up pick 1 for him (even tho he is worth it IMO) ... so, they take our 1st (9ish) and our stuv pick (19ish)

They give 9 and their 2020 1st to pies for a 2nd and Grundy. They keep a presence in or around the end of 1st round this year for a SA kid, they also get the best ruck in the league.. all for pick 1 and their 2020 1st with a 2nd back.

I might be dreamin but i really want Rowell or Anderson!

There is no way Collingwood would do that. Grundy is worth at least pick 1 and even then they wouldn’t be interested.

Ruckmen like Grundy are few and far between and their dynamic midfield feeds off his work. They could win multiple premierships with Grundy.

If the Crows ended up with pick 1 they would keep it. If you look at their midfield they aren’t young and are fairly one-paced over the ground.

But somehow we need to get into the top 3-4 of the draft. We’ll need to be creative.

It was the right call at the time, but hindsight is a biatch.

Dal and BJ would still be in our best 22 in 2019.

Sigh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is no way Collingwood would do that. Grundy is worth at least pick 1 and even then they wouldn’t be interested.

Ruckmen like Grundy are few and far between and their dynamic midfield feeds off his work. They could win multiple premierships with Grundy.

If the Crows ended up with pick 1 they would keep it. If you look at their midfield they aren’t young and are fairly one-paced over the ground.

But somehow we need to get into the top 3-4 of the draft. We’ll need to be creative.
Grundy worth pick one and another top ten pick plus a player

I think that’s right. And even then Collingwood are primed for plenty of success. Grundy would need to tell Collingwood he is returning home to force them to discuss terms.
Would be surprised if he went anywhere

Advanced options button on the right had side, all the good stuff is in there.

And yes it is. We really badly need a mid or two with grunt. We got by for years with Armo and Steven, but now its worse. Hawks did a great job picking up Worpel in the draft.
Found it , thanks . Very handy to know stats before posting :thumbsu:

True. Pretty wishful thinking on my behalf! :p

The club and to be fair supporters like myself totally underestimated or misjudged free agency.

We thought it was going to be a lot easier, such as put money aside and buy a gun player or two..

Proved to be our biggest weakness..

Grundy worth pick one and another top ten pick plus a player
He's not going anywhere. Will get a massive long term contract at the club and then media rights post career.

It will be back-ended, when Beams and Pendles are retired, his larger chunks are implemented.

What that will do, is should free up a couple of good, middle pack players in the next couple of years.

BUT - even still. If you're a middle road player, would you rather take say 100k p.a haircut to play at Pies, that are in their window for the next few years, playing in front of massive crowds and finals.. or go to another club for a bit more, but punching it out for next while?

Geez we are in a precarious position with mids atm , Losing Koby last year was a blow as he had real grunt and could kick a goal , when he was on he was pretty good , now we have Stuv who may not play again some are saying or may even want to be traded , Luke is up and down like a yo yo and has doubts on him by myself and many others even though when on the ground gives 100%.
We apparently drafted Hunter and Coff to be mids , i can see Hunter being a classy mid in a year or so but i think Coff will give us his best service streaming off the back line , god knows we need some more class in the backline , Gresh maybe a chance to be a handy part time mid but are we robbing the forward line of goals by having him in the guts ?
I think billings is more of an outside player where he can use his skills, in saying that this year he has gone a lot harder into packs than he has in the past but 3 centre clearances in 8 games is not really what you want .
Lets hope Bytel can add some grunt to the midfield next year even though he will still be just a kid because even though Steele is a big lad he is so busy tagging he doesn't get the ball , a bit over 1 centre clearance per game for a guy who spends most of his time on the ball is pretty average having said that just about every part of his game has improved this year , maybe he needs to be let off the leash instead of tagging every week.
Then we have Blake and Seb , im not sure anyone has the correct answer as to where Blake's best position is, personally the more he is in the play the better i say , leave him up forward and he tends to drift out of the game and Seb , as much as he isnt the perfect mid he is about the best we have ATM so it shows IMO how much we need to draft mids and get Hanners fit , Can you imagine a Cripps in our team ? we would have won another 2 games at least.
So draft time ,,,,, Mids Mids and Mids plus a back up ruck from a state league

The club was blindsided by the AFL raising the TPP a few seasons ago so that GWS could re-sign a few key players (end of Kelly's 1st contract IIRC).

Norf & us had banked our cap space so we could go shopping then HQ made the arbitrary decision (shock horror) to increase the cap. All of a sudden our war chest was worth a lot less that we had planned it to be. Richmond re-signed Dusty, Freo did the same with Fyfe and we were left to sign Nate Brown.

The plan was very justified until the rug was pulled from under our feet.

Geez we are in a precarious position with mids atm , Losing Koby last year was a blow as he had real grunt and could kick a goal , when he was on he was pretty good , now we have Stuv who may not play again some are saying or may even want to be traded , Luke is up and down like a yo yo and has doubts on him by myself and many others even though when on the ground gives 100%.
We apparently drafted Hunter and Coff to be mids , i can see Hunter being a classy mid in a year or so but i think Coff will give us his best service streaming off the back line , god knows we need some more class in the backline , Gresh maybe a chance to be a handy part time mid but are we robbing the forward line of goals by having him in the guts ?
I think billings is more of an outside player where he can use his skills, in saying that this year he has gone a lot harder into packs than he has in the past but 3 centre clearances in 8 games is not really what you want .
Lets hope Bytel can add some grunt to the midfield next year even though he will still be just a kid because even though Steele is a big lad he is so busy tagging he doesn't get the ball , a bit over 1 centre clearance per game for a guy who spends most of his time on the ball is pretty average having said that just about every part of his game has improved this year , maybe he needs to be let off the leash instead of tagging every week.
Then we have Blake and Seb , im not sure anyone has the correct answer as to where Blake's best position is, personally the more he is in the play the better i say , leave him up forward and he tends to drift out of the game and Seb , as much as he isnt the perfect mid he is about the best we have ATM so it shows IMO how much we need to draft mids and get Hanners fit , Can you imagine a Cripps in our team ? we would have won another 2 games at least.
So draft time ,,,,, Mids Mids and Mids plus a back up ruck from a state league

I don't share the same pessimism about our mids. Yes it is still our glaring weakness but it's not as if the cupboard is bare... there's elements of a very good midfield but, as you said, we need a big nasty mid who can take the lead, knock a few blokes over and get the pill out to the likes of Billings, Gresh, Acres and Ross.

I have little doubt that Hunter will develop into a very very good inside/outside mid... I see him more in the mould of a Dal Santo than a Lenny though. That's probably our major problem actually, we have a lot of good dual midfielders but no alpha dog to lead them when needed. Hanners will make a massive difference here when he's ready to go.

A mate who has worked in underage rep footy reckons that Bytel is the man who we should be excited about. He's a big boy now and could finally be that large body inside who can get the ball, break through the stoppage and get it to our outsiders.

You're right about our draft and trade strategy though. Our forward line and backline looks pretty nicely set up for the next 10 years but the midfield needs to keep being added to.

Gee I'd love to extract Braydon Sier from the Pies if the Grundy re-signing makes things tight for the filth. While Hunter gave him a bath in the VFL, I see him developing into a elite inside mid.

I don't share the same pessimism about our mids. Yes it is still our glaring weakness but it's not as if the cupboard is bare... there's elements of a very good midfield but, as you said, we need a big nasty mid who can take the lead, knock a few blokes over and get the pill out to the likes of Billings, Gresh, Acres and Ross.

I have little doubt that Hunter will develop into a very very good inside/outside mid... I see him more in the mould of a Dal Santo than a Lenny though. That's probably our major problem actually, we have a lot of good dual midfielders but no alpha dog to lead them when needed. Hanners will make a massive difference here when he's ready to go.

A mate who has worked in underage rep footy reckons that Bytel is the man who we should be excited about. He's a big boy now and could finally be that large body inside who can get the ball, break through the stoppage and get it to our outsiders.

You're right about our draft and trade strategy though. Our forward line and backline looks pretty nicely set up for the next 10 years but the midfield needs to keep being added to.

Gee I'd love to extract Braydon Sier from the Pies if the Grundy re-signing makes things tight for the filth. While Hunter gave him a bath in the VFL, I see him developing into a elite inside mid.
Yeah your right , its that Cripps , Kennedy type we really need the Big Dog , I took a lot of interest in watching Sier at the weekend as a few on here mention him now and again , he sure has one rig and looks that part , his clearance stats are pretty good , can shank his kicks a bit but i guess id rather the ball in our half with a quick kick than going the other way
I have hope with Bytel , bull of a kid and hard at it , lets hope the back mends well , very polite young man too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back