Preview 2019 Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He is in the U18 squad, but with Lukosious and Munn in there he isnt getting a gig yet. But I fully expect him to play well in the Champs in 2019.
If he is a good KPF and dominates next year in the champs, purely from a crows perspective it would be a real coup as it might offer the club the KPF to partner Fogerty into the future should as expected they don't have the currency to deal in for Lukosius...fingers crossed

If he is a good KPF and dominates next year in the champs, purely from a crows perspective it would be a real coup as it might offer the club the KPF to partner Fogerty into the future should as expected they don't have the currency to deal in for Lukosius...fingers crossed

Two 2019 prospects played Neafl for Suns yesterday Budarick and Gore, Delahunty played for Giants last week.

Daniel Sladojevic is a pretty talented forward from SA who should do well next year in the Champs. He is an Adelaide NGA member.

I like Sladojevic. Kicked 9 goals in 3 matches at the U16 Championships last year for SA, and also started the SANFL U18 season in good form. I thought unlucky not to make the final SA squad this year as a 17 year old, but they went with a couple of overaged talls instead. Powerful for his size and a good kick.

But Cameron Taheny is the best of the bunch for next year.

I like Sladojevic. Kicked 9 goals in 3 matches at the U16 Championships last year for SA, and also started the SANFL U18 season in good form. I thought unlucky not to make the final SA squad this year as a 17 year old, but they went with a couple of overaged talls instead. Powerful for his size and a good kick.

Yeah there is alot to like about Daniel. He played his first reserves game on the weekend and kicked a couple of goals.

Taheny is a Rostrevor lad I believe - has some pretty high wraps. Is he part of Ports Academy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emerson Jeka has a hell of a lot of talent, should go fairly high, however I have question marks about his attitude and effort but there's a long time between now and the draft. Dominant when on.
Having had contact with this boy for 3-4 seasons, haven't seen anything to ever suggest he has an attitude problem, would in fact go the opposite way. Everyone entitled to their opinion though.

Having had contact with this boy for 3-4 seasons, haven't seen anything to ever suggest he has an attitude problem, would in fact go the opposite way. Everyone entitled to their opinion though.
I don't have anything concrete and I don't know the kid very well, but I have played against him multiple times and also along him for a couple of rep teams in the past (admittedly not for a year or two). Freakishly talented player, was a bit of a sook at times but wasn't overly bad from my observation in that respect. It is the general consensus in the amongst the WRFL that he isn't performing as well as what is expected of him (granted, he is only a bottom ager) with a few much less talented players outperforming him. You probably know more than me however so I'll take your word for it.

190cm - 93kgs.

Bloody thick sucker.

About every draft year must have its resident thick sucker.

I remember:

Daniel Rich: 2008.
Ben Cunnington and Luke Tapscott: 2009.
Jack Darling: 2010.
Shane Kersten: 2011.
Jake Stringer: 2012.
Darcy Hourigan and Luke Dunstan: 2013. (Hourigan never got drafted.)
Christian Petracca: 2014.
Kieran Collins: 2015.
Jack Graham: 2016.
Kyron Hayden and Mitchell Crowden: 2017.
2018 I can't recall any names.
Will Gould: 2019.

East Fremantle have some good kids. Jeremy Sharp is a fantastic wingman, Trent Rivers will be a Kade Simpson type (not as good) across the backline, Trey Ruscoe could be a decent forward option if he keeps developing, Luke Jackson will be a gun ruckman if he chooses footy.

Just watched the SA U17s, vs the U16s game.
Cam Taheny is a dead set gun. Best talent in SA team next year. Strong mark, leading everywhere, kicked goals, elite disposal, big tank.
The other top talents in the 17s was Anzac Lochowiak, Daniel Sladojevic, Trent Burgoyne, Jed Mcentee, Pickett. No real ruck stocks, tallest 17s ruck was 195cms, while two lads in the U16s 198 and 199cm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back