Preview 2019 Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one underwhelmed by this draft year? Not a patch on 2018 crop.
Myself and another poster have commented on this. Is it fair to compare? Not really but then again I wasn’t overly taken by what I saw but I ain’t no recruiter.

The 2018 crop was a rather gifted crew, they had a little bit of everything and certainly a heap of top end talls.

I think we may look back at the 2018 draft for years to come and Port certainly feel like they nailed their draft picks.

I don't think it's necessarily that 2018 was better, but there were far more notable talls in that draft. This year, I can't think of any KPPs likely to be drafted in the first round besides McAsey, and maybe Gould. They're the ones who tend to generate the most hype and discussion. Looks like the top end has a lot more outside speed and clever goalsneaks, and a lot less contested beasts and key position players. Basically more of Rankine's type, less of Lukosius' type if we're going to compare to 2018. With these types of players, it's also a lot harder to pick your standouts. I'd argue that the very top end is not as strong as 2018, but this year will bat waaaaayy deeper. In my opinion, Pick 25 this year will be just as valuable as Pick 15 last year, while Pick 5 this year is maybe worth last's year Pick 10

the games were better last year, thats why i was calling it a super draft even when people were down playing it, the big difference has been Vic Country this year, they have been 10 times better than last season(i thought they were the best team and choked against the 2nd best team WA in the final round), so theres more talent from Vic overall, but a drop in talent from SA, VM and the Allies areas and a small bump in WA talent this year

the top 10 or so players last year were special and the talent overall i thought was deeper, there was 66 taken last year plus 3 in the mid season draft and a few unlucky, this year i think will be a few less picked from the group, and not the 15 or so rookies playing good footy in the AFL first year with another 15 on the verge of making their debuts, it was very strong last year and this year seems strong but definitely a small drop in overall talent imo.

Nope.

Has a 2017 feel about it after the first 12 or so. Except it will be missing the mature agers who bolstered the 2017 draft.

Maybe that's why I like it more than last year's.

Last year's had that little MA burst after about pick 40.

Sorry if already been asked - anyone know much about Cooper Sharman at Balwyn? And which clubs are looking at him?

Got a question for you lads the bushies prospects of jimmy boyer Jye Chalcraft and the pioneers prospect of Ironside If any of you heard of the would you think they’d get drafted

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Going of recent drafts not much

Not much, Like end of the first round to the Tiges? :D

I can dream can't I? I suppose with live trading any club can try and jump up to grab him, so it will be interesting to see where he lands given he won't be able to test or play Nab League Finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much, Like end of the first round to the Tiges? :D

I can dream can't I? I suppose with live trading any club can try and jump up to grab him, so it will be interesting to see where he lands given he won't be able to test or play Nab League Finals.
Personally think he is no chance to get past one of GWS first round picks so unless you finish below them or Bombers you will need to trade up to get him I reckon haha

Personally think he is no chance to get past one of GWS first round picks so unless you finish below them or Bombers you will need to trade up to get him I reckon haha
I couldn't see him falling past Gold Coasts second pick (tied to the Lions finishing position).

Do you believe GWS would select Kemp ahead of Gould or Luke Jackson?

I couldn't see him falling past Gold Coasts second pick (tied to the Lions finishing position).

Do you believe GWS would select Kemp ahead of Gould or Luke Jackson?
GWS could turn Kemp into whatever they want him to be, GWS have such a strong young list and having another player they could move around like a Tomlinson I think would be a good move.

Oea was electric

Attachments

• E1A3CBD6-B003-421D-8765-3A3AABBB7179.png
    E1A3CBD6-B003-421D-8765-3A3AABBB7179.png
    146.9 KB · Views: 285
  • 99A3828C-A6FA-40A8-9306-1CD2D804FBA1.png
    99A3828C-A6FA-40A8-9306-1CD2D804FBA1.png
    155 KB · Views: 303
So for draft watchers is this a draft for Key position players or more midfielders running players.Seems like there will be a lot of value in late picks.

So for draft watchers is this a draft for Key position players or more midfielders running players.Seems like there will be a lot of value in late picks.
Normally the draft combine nominations are published by now. Is there a delay due to Marvel maybe not being available

Decent depth for KPP's, not th ed usual top end Tall talent though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back