List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem for us is that it is unlikely that GWS, Fremantle and Hawthorn will have to use a high pick on their academy F/S players. That places us outside the clear top tier of 1.Rowell 2. Anderson 3. Young 4. D.Stephens 5. Serong 6. Flanders 7. Ash 8. Kemp 9. McAsey 10. Jackson 11. Robertson and of course Green Henry and Maginness.

So unless someone reaches for Weightmann, Bergman or Pickett we are left with 3 of:

Worrell
Pickett
Bergman
Williams
Gould
Taheny
Taylor
Sharp
Rivers
Jones
Philp
Rantall

I don't consider that there are any Rozees, Duursmas or Butters in that list. For all our positioning may have a very uninspiring draft haul.

Let's pray for a couple late bolters because without bolters there will be no sliders.

There is also this quote from Twomey:
Port Adelaide will be hoping McAsey gets through to No.12, where they're likely to swoop. But Hawthorn has also been heavily linked to McAsey with pick 11, while the late mail is the Crows have spent plenty of time on him across the year. If Geelong trades into the top-10, McAsey is likely to be its man.

He goes on to say Geelong are after talls this draft linking them with McAsey, Worrell, Gould and De Koning.
Sounds like McAsey is the one C4 said Port and Geelong are tussling for.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The problem for us is that it is unlikely that GWS, Fremantle and Hawthorn will have to use a high pick on their academy F/S players. That places us outside the clear top tier of 1.Rowell 2. Anderson 3. Young 4. D.Stephens 5. Serong 6. Flanders 7. Ash 8. Kemp 9. McAsey 10. Jackson 11. Robertson and of course Green Henry and Maginness.

So unless someone reaches for Weightmann, Bergman or Pickett we are left with 3 of:

Worrell
Pickett
Bergman
Williams
Gould
Taheny
Taylor
Sharp
Rivers
Jones
Philp
Rantall

I don't consider that there are any Rozees, Duursmas or Butters in that list. For all our positioning may have a very uninspiring draft haul.

Let's pray for a couple late bolters because without bolters there will be no sliders.
You can always rely on the Crows recruiters to reach for an obscure pick.

At 6 though it is unlikely to be someone expected to go 13 or later.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Worrell
Pickett
Bergman
Williams
Gould
Taheny
Taylor
Sharp
Rivers
Jones
Philp
Rantall

A lot to still play out I think. Potential for;
  1. Melbourne to bid on Green at 3 and then Pickett at 8
  2. Bid on Henry at 9 or 10
The comment from C4 was that we are done unless Geelong move up. Therefore looks like we are competing for McAsey but could be someone else. We must think we are in the box seat with 12. We have also boosted our flexibility to respond if any bids come early and clubs look to shed high draft picks. I think there are few surprises anymore around the top of the draft and our team seem to be very confident with this, as much as you can be.

Worrell
Pickett
Bergman
Williams
Gould
Taheny
Taylor
Sharp
Rivers
Jones
Philp
Rantall

Most of them have the talent to be very good AFL players. It won't be uninspiring at all.

I can't see Henry not attracting a bid before Freo's 2nd pick

They'll trade up or down IMO. Keeping 10 when Melbourne and Carlton both have 8 and 9 and have both publicly stated their need for a small forward is way too risky.

Sounds like McAsey is the one C4 said Port and Geelong are tussling for.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If it was mcasey why trade into pick 16 to get ahead of Geelong when we have 12 and they have 14?

If it’s true then we’ve tried to cut off their pick 17, which doesn’t seem like mcasey. I would love to get a gun at 12 and mcasey at 16 but don’t think that’s what will happen.

Most likely it’s another player. Maybe Worrell or Gould who cats have been linked to or maybe someone else. Pls not Pickett. Please no.

I have a hunch we’re after mcasey and Weightman with our two first picks.

If you go by the players Twomey links to Port and Geelong then the 3 picks will be

Worrell
Weightman
Bianco

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you go by the players Twomey links to Port and Geelong then the 3 picks will be

Worrell
Weightman
Bianco

I'm no expert on the draft kids but those picks have me asking the question "why did Port bother trading all the players/picks this year"?

For starters, Worrell has all the tools that Howard has and probably more.
Secondly, picking up a quality small forward in Weightman will improve our forward line no-end.

I'd be pleased enough with any of the following combinations
Kemp (big bodied midfielder)
Worrell (third tall defender)
Weightman (creative small forward)
Mead (clean, creative HF-mid)

McCasey (tall defender)
Weightman (small forward)
Rivers
Mead

McCasey
Worrell
Rivers or Pickett
Mead

Well according to Melbourne insiders, they are picking Jackson and Pickett with 3 and 8. I’m guessing they’ll bid on Henry first though.

Melbourne traded three rounds of draft picks, including their 2020 first rounder, to get pick 8. They're going to look pretty silly trading that down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back