List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

This looks like a pretty accurate mock top 10 by getgaff. Lots can change with trades but we would be left with Gould which would be a huge win.

PICK 1, GOLD COAST: Matt Rowell
PICK 2, GOLD COAST: Noah Anderson
PICK 3, MELBOURNE: Hayden Young
PICK 4, GWS (following Adelaide bid) Tom Green, will sort out points and pick adjustment later on.
PICK 5, ADELAIDE (via Carlton): Caleb Serong | wouldn't discount Stephens here either.
PICK 6, SYDNEY: Brodie Kemp
PICK 7, ST. KILDA: Dylan Stephens
PICK 8, FREMANTLE: Deven Robertson
PICK 9, NORTH MELBOURNE: Lachlan Ash
Pick 10, CARLTON (via Adelaide): Sam Flanders

Sokol's a good lad, very Brett Ebert-ish. Powerful small who's most effective overhead isolated one on one. Wouldn't have the endurance or running power to play either in the midfield or as a roaming half forward. Love to see him get a shot (Tory Dickson a good analogy for one), but can see the recruiters point of view so far.

I think the fact that almost no tall forwards from the SANFL and WAFL progress to AFL suggests that these performances are not rated.
He’s not a tall forward. Plenty of mature age smalls get picked up and do well. Without thinking about it there are at least 3 from the WAFL playing tonight - Lewis Jetta, Tim Kelly and Liam Ryan.

He’s not a tall forward. Plenty of mature age smalls get picked up and do well. Without thinking about it there are at least 3 from the WAFL playing tonight - Lewis Jetta, Tim Kelly and Liam Ryan.

With you there. Just making that pointing out that the performance of tall forwards in the lower leagues rarely correlated with success in the AFL.

Gould for me is a Fogharty type.

A big frame that will do well at SANFL level but I'm not sure hes an AFL footballer.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Strongly disagree. Gould is quick, has a set position that translates directly to AFL and looks to be a leader. Fogarty had none of those traits and never did well at SANFL level or state 18’s.

The only similarity is that they are big kids and good kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strongly disagree. Gould is quick, has a set position that translates directly to AFL and looks to be a leader. Fogarty had none of those traits and never did well at SANFL level or state 18’s.

The only similarity is that they are big kids and good kicks.
Well I just read that Kinghtmare has him at 4 so you are probably right.

Gould for me is a Fogharty type.

A big frame that will do well at SANFL level but I'm not sure hes an AFL footballer.

Defender versus forward makes a difference there I reckon. For whatever reason defenders seem to have an easier time transitioning from state level to AFL level than forwards or midfielders do. I'd back Gould in to make it.

Gould loves the game. He has had no goal other than being an AFL footballer in his mind for at least half a decade. A few years ago he heard from some of the Vic guys what their training involved. It was a big eye opener in terms of the advantages they had over guys in the SA system. I'd be surprised if he was still there at our pick but I had heard that he was fairly keen to be drafted to another state.

4 - probably talks more about Knightmare than others. Way too high IMO. I watched his last 2 games for Glenelg - can someone please tell me what he did in either of those 2 games that makes him a top 10 pick ?
He's an intercept defender. This is the hardest skill to teach and he has it naturally. This position is highly prized at AFL level. It is now on a par with inside mid.

His physical attributes are also good- speed, strength, kick. Hasn't set the world alight in the finals but after Rozee last year, recruiters are looking closely at SANFL finals. Rozee did some spectacular things but didn't dominate. Gould's performances are not too far behind Rozee's from a year ago.

4 - probably talks more about Knightmare than others. Way too high IMO. I watched his last 2 games for Glenelg - can someone please tell me what he did in either of those 2 games that makes him a top 10 pick ?

He’s playing finals at SANFL league level and doing an amazing job. Not many kids around the country could have had the year hes had playing at senior level.

He’s playing finals at SANFL league level and doing an amazing job. Not many kids around the country could have had the year hes had playing at senior level.

No you are right - not many kids are getting around at 191 and 98 kegs either. I'm not knocking him I'm just looking for more specifics as to how his game will translate at AFL level instead of simply having his stats read out every Monday and being told what a solid game he's had on the weekend.

No you are right - not many kids are getting around at 191 and 98 kegs either. I'm not knocking him I'm just looking for more specifics as to how his game will translate at AFL level instead of simply having his stats read out every Monday and being told what a solid game he's had on the weekend.

I like the look of Gould. He has a lot going for him, but a decent amount of his possessions on the weekend came from being the one entrusted with the kick out duties. This can be taken a couple of ways I guess. That he is that good of a kick at 18 that they would give him this responsibility, or that he didn’t get that much of the ball other than that.

What I look for is afl traits as opposed to stats. I think given the level hes played at, Ive liked his positioning, ive liked his footy iq in terms of reading the play, i think his kicking is very good, hes got great running capacity already. He can play tight or he can play loose completely and impact the play.

I think he has defensive general written all over him.

What I look for is afl traits as opposed to stats. I think given the level hes played at, Ive liked his positioning, ive liked his footy iq in terms of reading the play, i think his kicking is very good, hes got great running capacity already. He can play tight or he can play loose completely and impact the play.

Thanks for that - so in your opinion is Gould Top 10 material ?

Spot on. I literally think he will be Shannon Hurn mark 2. I have been super impressed with what I have seen (granted this is nowhere near as much as Macca).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back