List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

These NGA are just the latest mechanism to give Vic clubs a leg up, only for the rules to be neutered for SA and WA clubs whenever they look like benefiting from them.

Seen it all before with priority picks and father sons. Pathetic pandering to Eddie and co from AFL house.

Yeah there was talk on the main board that there is less identifying and recruiting of people from different backgrounds and more research going on into already playing kids as to whether they might be eligible.

Basically youth footy in Vic is a never ending episode of ‘where do you think you come from’

The NGA is simply a discrimination tool in a multicultural country like this. You're foreign enough, you're not foreign enough, you're foreign enough. It's nothing more than self serving, racist bullshit.

The ideal behind it is great if you believe that is their intention

To give people who might not have the opportunity or connection to football access to high level coaching.

From what I know it’s fairly safe to say that if not for port Kai Pudney wouldn’t be on an afl list

We all have questions whether the afls intentions are true. Especially when the AFL shrugs their shoulders over the Borlase bullshit

Believe Dylan Stephens has been called up to Norwood’s league side after his 36d 12 clr game last week if anyone is watching that game he will be worth looking out for.

Mead is playing reserves.

Looks like Pickett has been called up to league

Last edited:
Do we have any NGA players that we can actually have first dibs on that are available this season?

Do we have any NGA players that we can actually have first dibs on that are available this season?

Zero that I’ve heard of.

Realistically because we need indigenous aussies from country zones or people who were born overseas it’s not going to happen every year

The amount of sa players currently in the afl that would fit that description is probably countable on one hand.

Draft watch

League

Pickett - 8d 1g

Gould - 19d

Stephens - 18d 1g

Reserves

Mead - 16d 2g

Taheny - 18d 3g

Lochiwiak - 18d

coff - 3G

Under 18’s

Will day - 26d

Finlay - 15d

Borlase - 10d (pretty sure he is around 15/16 yrs old so good to see he’s playing under 18’s already)

Under 16’s

Jase Burgoyne had a 28d 4clr game for wwt so that’s exciting for the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris25 stats from the draft board for this weekend:

League
Dylan Stephens - 15 touches, 4 tackles, 5 inside 50s
Kysaiah Pickett - 6 touches, 4 tackles
Will Gould - 24 touches, 10 marks, 6 tackles, 7 rebound 50s

Reserves
Cameron Taheny - 24 touches, 5 marks, 7 tackles, 4 clearances, 1 goal
Jed McEntee - 24 touches, 8 marks, 5 tackles
Oliver Grivell - 22 touches, 9 marks, 3 tackles, 3 rebound 50s
Lachlan McNeil - 22 touches, 10 tackles, 5 clearances
Jackson Mead - 20 touches, 5 inside 50s, 1 goal
Jamie Coff - 14 touches, 3 marks, 3 goals
Damon Freitag - 10 touches, 4 marks, 7 hitouts, 1 goal
Daniel Sladojevic - 10 touches, 4 marks, 1 goal, 3 behinds
Jordan O'Brien - 23 touches, 8 marks
Oliver Shaw - 13 touches, 6 marks, 5 inside 50s

U18
Jye Sinderberry - 13 touches, 6 marks, 5 tackles
Riley Thilthorpe - 11 touches, 5 marks, 1 goal
Corey Durdin - 19 touches, 5 marks, 5 tackles, 5 clearances, 8 inside 50s
Harrison Magor - 23 touches, 6 marks, 9 tackles, 10 clearances, 6 inside 50s
Karl Finlay - 15 touches, 8 marks, 4 rebound 50s
Cooper Horsnell - 15 touches, 5 tackles, 4 inside 50s

I’ve only watched 10mins of Gould here and 5 mins there as it’s about all of Glenelg I can bare to watch but you would have to think that if the sanfl has a team of the year that he has a shot of making it which is remarkable

I still think people are asking the wrong question when they ask if he can defend key forwards, the question should be can he defend smalls and mediums

Ie can teams expose him on miss-matches in their forward lines.

Stephens maybe reminds me a little of a young jack Trengove. Maybe not the right comparison but the best one I can think of.

Ffs Norwood and wwt pick taheny and mead in league so I can watch their games

Durdin and Thilthorpe are 2020 draft

Gould is looking pretty special. He's a bloody good runner for a guy of his bulk. Maybe he can do a Jonas type role at AFL level and take some medium/small forwards as well as some taller types.

Gould is looking pretty special. He's a bloody good runner for a guy of his bulk. Maybe he can do a Jonas type role at AFL level and take some medium/small forwards as well as some taller types.
Except he can kick. Not as consistent but the way he can punch the ball 55m low and quick is a bit Hurn like.

He’ll be gone well before our first pick I suspect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back