Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2014
Adelaide Airport
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics, QPR
Fremantle have delisted Harley Bennell

Should we take a punt on Bennell? Bring him to the Port Magpies, if he can get himself right and in form, add him to the AFL list in next year's mid-season draft

We could do worse, low risk, high reward

Jan 14, 2008
Salisbury, Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Man City, NY Jets
Fremantle have delisted Harley Bennell

Should we take a punt on Bennell? Bring him to the Port Magpies, if he can get himself right and in form, add him to the AFL list in next year's mid-season draft

We could do worse, low risk, high reward
Would be nice to sign him as the new SANFL Leadership player or marquee, or whatever Sutcliffe was... that’ll get up them!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bennell has played 2 games in 4 years, is a known disruptive personality and has barely been fit for 5 minutes in that time. Why would anyone be keen?

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Philthy could be 100% correct. There is plenty of positives and negatives with Jackson. I hope he drops later on in the draft!

Oh I'm not saying he's a bona-fide guarantee to become a great AFL player, but in the context of this years draft based on his performances throughout the championships and in the SANFL he's absolutely in the top 20-30 available to my eyes.

Bennell has played 2 games in 4 years, is a known disruptive personality and has barely been fit for 5 minutes in that time. Why would anyone be keen?

I agree it's crazy talk. I was impressed at how well he has come back and played WAFL this year in the face of it all, but his body is just so unreliable and as is widely documented hasn't got the most stable history outside of footy. Needs a sustained year of footy in the WAFL before any club would take the punt.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I thought i would watch some of the sa v allies game and my main conclusion was Pickett is very good. He is incredibly crisp. He's going to make it as an afl player. I hope it's at Port. I can't see how he is going to be a late pick.He shouldn't be. It will be interesting to see how we trade for picks.

Gould was very good. I'm over the fact he looks middle aged. Kid runs hard, marks well, kicks well and leads. He wanted the ball when the game got tight.

O'Neill doesn't excite me much as a first round pick and Taheny makes a lot of mistakes for his talent.

Day has a chance at being a very good player.

Stephens is a low risk good hard working afl player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back