List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d love to see us pick up Pickett a real live wire forward that we could use , I’m pretty sure he’d be a crowd favourite . if we end end with two second round picks I’d use the first of them on Pickett as long as Mead hasn’t been bid on because I’d like him too and hopefully we could use the 2nd of the 2nd round picks on him . It’ll be great to have a look at Mead at the Magpies . I wonder if he’s inherited his fathers leap.
For our first round pick I’d like the classiest high possession mid available .

There’s another live wire forward coming through in the u/16’s . Isaiah Dudley but that’s down the track .

Hopefully Mini-Chop is around in the third round. I reckon someone will go early on him though.

Definitely need to draft a couple of tall backs. Grundy is so raw it's like he's an international rookie who's never played the game.

Yeah we’re likely cutting McKenzie this year and he plays as a kpd at the maggies. Jonas will be 29 next year and has been up and down over his career. * knows whether they will play Howard forward or back in the future.

There is plenty of options though
Draft
Finlay
Hilder
McAsey
Dekoning
Newman

Probably some others I’m missing

Trade - petty.

Yeah we’re likely cutting McKenzie this year and he plays as a kpd at the maggies. Jonas will be 29 next year and has been up and down over his career. fu** knows whether they will play Howard forward or back in the future.

Draft
Finlay
Hilder
McAsey
Dekoning
Newman

Probably some others I’m missing

Trade - petty.

Worrell and McAsey the best of the lot.

Hilder would be strong as a third rounder.

Jackson has the athleticism to play CHB or CHF.

I’m not sure it’s our highest priority and I think adequate key backs are much easier to find than good forwards or classy mids.

Darcy Cassar probably 2nd round but he'd be my number 1 priority around that range. Ryan Sparkes could be that player. Lachie Potter is a HBF but could play on a wing and is lightning quick. Josh Shute would fit the bill. Riley Baldi maybe. Isaac Wareham another who is very quick.

I would be keen to see the combine results of these guys. There be some surprises. We can snare some depth in outside runners this draft that is for sure.

I would like to see Potter and McAsey thrown up forward. Potter as that pressure forward and McAsey as that athletic 2nd tall.

Still hard to get a read on where they fit and a comment from Sheehan really typifies this draft for me. He said he looks for 50 draftable players to characterise the draft as being good. More than that it is strong and less is weak. He said he was waiting till the end of the championship to decide on that. To me that shows how raw this draft is. Lots of prospects who could be AFL players but few that have shown they will be. Whereas last year I think there were probably similar overall numbers just so many had already stepped up and grabbed the opportunity.

I know he is next years but I have watched Mathew Roberts for the last three years, he is the best Junior I’ve seen.

Smart ,tough great on both legs and brings others into the game.

2021 draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson Mead selected for Eagles reserves.

Isn't he eligible to play for the Magpies now, or have our mates at the SNAFL sneaked in a convenient rule change again?

Jackson Mead selected for Eagles reserves.

Isn't he eligible to play for the Magpies now, or have our mates at the SNAFL sneaked in a convenient rule change again?

It’s also possible we’ve decided to leave him at the eagles.

At the moment our magpies is fairly stacked with afl players. Also I think mead needs to be playing centre square mid week in week out which he won’t get at port, although I don’t believe he’s been playing that role at eagles reserves either.

It’s also possible we’ve decided to leave him at the eagles.

At the moment our magpies is fairly stacked with afl players. Also I think mead needs to be playing centre square mid week in week out which he won’t get at port, although I don’t believe he’s been playing that role at eagles reserves either.
Yeah why upset his routine when he isn't going to make the magpies side when we have bugger all injuries. 2 weeks ago all we had was Watts, Patmore and Trengove. Since then we have added Pudney and this week Cox and Grundy to the injured list. 41 fit players for 43 spots means we don't need to play Mead. If we had 12-15 injuries then yeah consider giving him those 4 games to see what he looks like.

He'll be playing plenty for the Magpies next year. No need to rock the boat now

Clurey is 25 so pretty optimistic about how long he’s gonna play for.

Screw mature age back ups. What’s the friggin point of that.
The point of a mature age back up is having someone to stand Lynch and Riewoldt in the 2020 Grand final when Clurey and Howard go down injured in the Prelim.

Draft
Finlay
Hilder
McAsey
Dekoning
Newman

I’ve come round to McAsey. Has the athleticism and height to fit into our backline. Could probably swing forward as well.

Main knock for me is his strength, think he gets knocked off it at times but this should improve.

Probably fits in that 10-25 bracket.

At this stage our pick, will be 6-10, so our first too early and second too late. Somehow if we manage to get him and Stephenson or Young, it would be huge.

The more I see of this draft, the more we need to get more second round picks. Fourth rounders will be really speculative and a waste.

Guys like Sharpe, Day, Cassar, Sparkes, Potter, Bergman and Taylor could all be in this mix and add some pace and skill.

I’ve come round to McAsey. Has the athleticism and height to fit into our backline. Could probably swing forward as well.

Main knock for me is his strength, think he gets knocked off it at times but this should improve.

Probably fits in that 10-25 bracket.

At this stage our pick, will be 6-10, so our first too early and second too late. Somehow if we manage to get him and Stephenson or Young, it would be huge.

The more I see of this draft, the more we need to get more second round picks. Fourth rounders will be really speculative and a waste.

Guys like Sharpe, Day, Cassar, Sparkes, Potter, Bergman and Taylor could all be in this mix and add some pace and skill.

I don’t think McAseys strength will be an issue. More a run and jump across guy than get stuck under 1 on 1 defender. Maybe he could slide to our second.

Callum Twomey reported that Brodie Kemp injured his knee potentially seriously. Hopefully it's okay. Tall midfielder who plays back and forward. Has some steel about his game and possible top five pick.

Callum Twomey reported that Brodie Kemp injured his knee potentially seriously. Hopefully it's okay. Tall midfielder who plays back and forward. Has some steel about his game and possible top five pick.
Terrible news. I had him down as someone who would be too good to pass up at our pick, although his stellar last few games of the Champs probably made that highly unlikely. I suspect a club will still call his name in the top 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back