List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you.. ok start from a young kid vs men something to build on.
In comparison a very good start if you’re looking purely from a Statistical viewpoint, had a heap of far more experienced blokes behind him on the stat sheet.

Sucks for Brodie but this wouldn’t scare me off unless the docs flagged something.

I like him.

It’s an interesting one. How many juniors with significant injuries go on to success? How many juniors with significant injuries get taken at the level that they should?

Of those that did go on to success, were they athlete first? Ie did they require speed, power, etc?

It’s an interesting one. How many juniors with significant injuries go on to success? How many juniors with significant injuries get taken at the level that they should?

Of those that did go on to success, were they athlete first? Ie did they require speed, power, etc?

Selwood (whilst not an ACL) ended up alright. Stringer and Burton have lived up to potential as well.

For others like Muston, Swift, Bartlett it didn't end up so well

He’s a bit unique in that he has all the exposed form you could want in his draft year so the issue is more that he will miss the 2020 season. I don’t think clubs will be put off.
The more I see of Deven Robertson, the more I love him.

Is he a realistic get for us ??
He’s good and should place around the mark for our first pick but is an inside mid what we want to use that pick on?

Definitely don't need an inside mid, in order of priority I think we need 1) speedy wing/half forward type 2) A tall key back 3) a speedy mid/forward. We'll obviously take Mead who'd be classified as a mid/forward but he's not speedy.

He’s good and should place around the mark for our first pick but is an inside mid what we want to use that pick on?
What's his disposal like? The last thing we need is another inside mid with sub-par disposal (Wines, SPP, Rockliff, Ebert, even Boak are all poor). An inside mid who can get it out cleanly (especially by foot) we could definitely do with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devastating for Kemp, would look at him with our first
Got a day off so binging on some Champs and TAc cup games today

The first BigFooty Phantom was run last week. I was picking for Port. There were no academy bids allowed so we could see where the academy players might end up on the open market. The selections were:

#12 - Dylan Stephens (Out Mid)
#30 - Fraser McAsey (KPD)
#61 - Ryan Sparkes (Out Mid)
#63 - Toby Mahony (In Mid)
#65 - Harrison Magor (Gen Mid/Sml Def)
#66 - Jamieson Rossiter (3TF/Util)
#84 - Angus Hanrahan (Out Mid/Sml Fwd)

If we end up with that cross section of players I'd be pretty happy. Get 2 'sliders' in Stephens and McAsey first up. The interesting thing was that Mead wasn't selected until after pick 30. Fingers crossed a bid doesn't come until after then on draft night itself as well.

Dylan Stephens 26, 8 tackles and a goal. Reckon he’s top 10. A side wanting carry and dash will pounce.

I’m not sure whether you meant to post this in crows or our thread lol. But yeah we’re watching Stephens closely here. He’s been my number 1 target for us since forever

I reckon he’s top 5.

I’m not sure whether you meant to post this in crows or our thread lol. But yeah we’re watching Stephens closely here. He’s been my number 1 target for us since forever

I reckon he’s top 5.
Lol! I searched on google, found this and posted! Didn’t know it was your thread, sorry for the intrusion!

But yeah, once he gets stronger he’s going to be really good.

FORMER West Coast midfielder Luke Partington, mid-season draft misses Sam Lowson and Lochlan Dickson and potential Port Adelaide father-son Trent Burgoyne are among the list of players invited to test at state NAB AFL Draft Combines later this year.

After missing out on the national Draft Combine, a further group of 118 players have won enough nominations from club recruiting teams to show their wares in testing days across the country in October.

There is a cross-section of prospects, with the majority coming from under-18 competitions but a number of mature-age options being pushed forward by clubs to test their athleticism.

Partington played six games for the Eagles in 2017 before being delisted last year by the club. The hard-working ball-getter returned to South Australia and has played this year with Glenelg in the SANFL.

Lowson and Dickson were in the mix to be selected at the mid-season draft before being overlooked, but the Coburg VFL pair will test in front of scouts at the state Draft Combine.

Frank Anderson, another prospect who garnered interest for the mid-season draft, will also attend the testing.

Burgoyne is the son of 2004 Power premiership star Peter and has been tracked by Port Adelaide, although hamstring injuries have hampered his 2019 campaign.

The Victorian state Combine, which will also see players from NSW-ACT, Tasmania, Queensland and the Northern Territory, will run over two days (October 4-5), with the 'Rookie Me' Combine also to run on Saturday, October 5.

The South Australian prospects will test on Saturday, October 12, while the West Australian hopefuls will test the following day on Sunday, October 13.

Given it is such an even group, we have extended the rankings to now include who we view as the best 30 players available around the country.

The Form Guide will continue to be updated monthly in the lead-up to November's draft.

AFL footy is tough even at junior levels - just from Twomey's top dozen players:

A knee injury Green suffered late last month could end his 2019 campaign

It was a shattering blow for Kemp, who went down with a torn anterior cruciate ligament playing for school side Geelong Grammar.

Robertson's shoulder 'popped out' in Western Australia's final game of the championships

Shoulder surgery shortly after Vic Metro's under-18 championships finished ended Worrell's season prematurely

The Fremantle Next Generation Academy prospect Henry is another likely early pick to go down with an injury recently, suffering a dislocated kneecap last week playing school football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back