List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Trent is this years draft. I'd say he's rookie pick material. He's been injured almost all year and I don't think he's played a game in the SANFL system all year. Hamstring issues. There is zero chance he will be bid on before pick 60.

It was definitely Trent? Jase has a lot of talent and has played some real good footy this year, but he's a couple years off.

So mead taj and Jase, should get done great talent for cheap

Trent is this years draft. I'd say he's rookie pick material. He's been injured almost all year and I don't think he's played a game in the SANFL system all year. Hamstring issues. There is zero chance he will be bid on before pick 60.

It was definitely Trent? Jase has a lot of talent and has played some real good footy this year, but he's a couple years off.

Definitely Trent. Actually said he nominated him for the futures game and combine to see more of him.

Interesting move as I’m with you in thinking he will reach the rookie list and I can’t see Port letting him go to the crows if he reaches the 4th round or later.

Trent Burgoyne's season has been intriguing to say the least.

He carried a hamstring injury through the preseason and couldn't test, etc. He then missed a good chunk of the start of the season before being named in an SA U18s internal trial in late April, where he only managed three quarters before icing his hamstring.

Since that point, the return date for his hamstring injury has been listed as 'TBC' and I have been advised that Port have taken over his rehabilitation since the recurrence of the injury. I doubt he will play for the rest of the year and most likely will be taken with Port's final pick of the rookie draft.

Given the lack of exposure to Trent and the relative mystery surrounding his injury, this may be why Ogilvie wanted to nominate him.

What position or type is he ? Have you seen him play Macca ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jase Burgoyne excites me. He must be 15 and is playing in the Eagles U18s. Between him and Taj, there's a couple elite talents coming through. I hope Taj can have a big preseason and smash his draft year.

sssshhhh there both crap and no club should waste a bid on them ;)

Jackson Mead (30) and Taj Schofield (68) playing for Henley High against PAC in the school final tonight, 7:30pm at Norwood Oval.

Some other players of note:

Henley
Luke Edwards (23) - 2020 Draft
Jase Burgoyne (46) - (Emergency) 2021 Draft
Josh Morris (74)

Prince Alfred College
Kysaiah Kropinyeri-Pickett (1)
Isaiah Dudley (2) - 2021 Draft
Karl Finlay (18)
James Borlase (44) - 2020 Draft

Last edited:
The reason for Borlase being allocated to Adelaide is beyond ridiculous and repulsive.

In a February, 2001 email, AWB executive and former Port Adelaide Magpies premiership player Darryl Borlase told an associate about the exporter's plans to help Iraqis build new bunkers – officially to store wheat.
"The bunkers will have cement walls and floor so they are actually designed for burying the Kurds – under the cement?" Mr Borlase wrote.
"They intend to build them with fumigation capability so the mind boggles as to whether they are fumigating insects or any other pest that pisses them off."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what we end up with pick 9? What's the plan Stephens or Gould or who?

I know people will say we don't really need another half back flanker but Gould has had one heck of a year. His consistency playing league football has been incredible for an 18 year old. He'll slot in from round 1 next year if selected, not sure Stephens would, maybe if Amon leaves it's possible...

My one non-negotiable for any players selected is good disposal. We still have too many 'He's got great A,B,C and it's only his disposal holding him back from being great' players. Fitness, strength, awareness, game plan, positioning etc. can be worked on and improved to varying degrees once a player is drafted, but IMO a players disposal is only able to improve marginally from when they were drafted.

My one non-negotiable for any players selected is good disposal. We still have too many 'He's got great A,B,C and it's only his disposal holding him back from being great' players. Fitness, strength, awareness, game plan, positioning etc. can be worked on and improved to varying degrees once a player is drafted, but IMO a players disposal is only able to improve marginally from when they were drafted.

Couldn't agree more and I would add that composure 'disposal under pressure' is a key ingredient that ultimately sets apart the great players from the good players.

That would suck.

I think he can be a gun but also an outside running machine who can also win his own ball is perfect for us.

A bunch of other good choices i like though and can’t see us missing out on one of the boys I like

We should be targetting an outside midfielder.

Chris25 stats from the weekend:

League
Riley Thilthorpe - 10 touches, 4 marks, 1 goal
Dylan Stephens - 22 touches, 6 marks, 3 clearances, 2 goals
Elliot Dunkin - 28 touches, 6 marks, 3 rebound 50s
Cole Gerloff - 11 touches, 3 marks, 3 goals
Luke Partington - 28 touches, 5 tackles, 5 clearances, 11 inside 50s
Will Gould - 27 touches, 5 marks, 10 rebound 50s
Bradley Close - 19 touches, 5 marks, 6 tackles
Oliver Shaw - 13 touches, 4 marks, 2 rebound 50s, 1 goal
Hayden Sampson - 16 touches, 4 inside 50s, 1 goal

Reserves