List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Given that we are going to trade some reasonable players with some trade value. Given we have Mead as a father son. I can see us bundling our second rounder with a player or pick from player to get another first round pick. I think the draft is reasonably even at the top;

Anderson
Rowell
Green
Ash
Young
Kemp
Serong
Stephens
Gould
Flanders
Jackson
Robertson
Worrell
McAsey

If you could get two (or three if we are trading crazy) of those players plus Mead...then it has to be a massive draft.

Anyone over 180 isn't a concern for height IMO
I agree on an individual basis but you can have too many small midfielders, same as you can have too many slow defenders. You can have too many of a lot of players.

Height doesn’t concern me with Stephens. He’s quite a bit bigger than Amon and will start in a similar role. Mead is the shortest 184cm ever but that’s a decent height and he’ll be a ball of muscle after a few preseasons.

I think there is a very valid point that after taking 3 midfielders in the first round last year we possibly should be looking to draft something different. Shame this is such a s**t draft for talls.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adding Stephens and Mead on top of Butters is leaning towards a pretty short set of young mids. Taj Schofield isn’t the tallest either, is he?

Wines, SPP, Houston, Drew are all plenty tall. Height probably isn't quite as important for Stephens (or Schofield for that matter) as an outside mid anyway.

Wines, SPP, Houston, Drew are all plenty tall. Height probably isn't quite as important for Stephens (or Schofield for that matter) as an outside mid anyway.
Fair, but given SPP and Wines are both being thrown about as trade that metric could shift further towards emsmallening our midfield. Good thing trade period comes first I guess

Adding Stephens and Mead on top of Butters is leaning towards a pretty short set of young mids. Taj Schofield isn’t the tallest either, is he?

I reckon the balance is about right

I've gone off Stephens because we have a top ten pick now.

I'm onboard with Worrell.

"Worrell had already shown enough as a marking backman who can cut off opposition forward forays, plus his own form when he's closer to goal, to still be a likely first-round pick."

Will fill out to be that athletic intercepting centre half back that Howard should be. Too bad he's from Vic Metro...but you can't nitpick every little thing.

I reckon the balance is about right

Would you take the risk on Brodie Kemp even though he has had a knee reco that will keep him out most of 2020?

Im not sure Borlase will be worth stressing over too much. I know its the principle, but indont think hes a top end talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back