List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

I've gone off Stephens because we have a top ten pick now.

I'm onboard with Worrell.

"Worrell had already shown enough as a marking backman who can cut off opposition forward forays, plus his own form when he's closer to goal, to still be a likely first-round pick."

Will fill out to be that athletic intercepting centre half back that Howard should be. Too bad he's from Vic Metro...but you can't nitpick every little thing.

Stephens is 100% top 10 worthy and could easily end up in the top couple of players in the draft.

I do love Worrell as well though

Stephens is 100% top 10 worthy and could easily end up in the top couple of players in the draft.

I do love Worrell as well though

I’m not saying he’s not worth a top ten pick, I’m saying a genuine intercept defender is of more value to us since we don’t have one.

I’m not saying he’s not worth a top ten pick, I’m saying a genuine intercept defender is of more value to us since we don’t have one.

We had an excellent one for about two months at the start of this season, until your idiot mate in the coach's box decided to ruin the rest of his season by shifting him forward and then leaving him up there long after it was proven to have failed.

We had an excellent one for about two months at the start of this season, until your idiot mate in the coach's box decided to ruin the rest of his season by shifting him forward and then leaving him up there long after it was proven to have failed.

Howard isn’t an excellent intercept defender. I’m talking a Rance, McGovern, Andrews type.

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Would you take the risk on Brodie Kemp even though he has had a knee reco that will keep him out most of 2020?

Depending on who’s available kemp is a great choice regardless of 2020.

I guess the Borlase stuff for the following year hasn’t been sorted out?
If they decide to make an exemption for Hawks giving away their first rounder yet again you would think they could find some extenuating circumstances for Borlase to be ours?

Afl commented on it ages ago and said they saw it as a minor glitch in the rules and that s**t happens. Completely disrespectful as we all know they wouldn’t have said that if it was a Collingwood premiership players son. But yeah afl has already said their piece on it and made it clear they couldn’t care less.

Im not sure Borlase will be worth stressing over too much. I know its the principle, but indont think hes a top end talent

It would be incredibly stupid for the club to bend over and take it in the ass yet again when they should be standing up for themselves over this matter. At some point you have to or you continue to get walked over. At least this has the father son issue at its heart which is loved and supported by the general pop so if ever we had an issue that we might get support from interstate it’s this one.

While Worrell has reasons to be excited over, and could be a good intercept defender I’ve really seen no certainty that he will be a better intercept defender than anyone we’ve already got like burton Howard etc.

McAsey and Gould have shown they can do that at their level for a extended period of time. Worrell has played everywhere and shown lots of small bits of this and that.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Gould gives me Fogarty vibes. Not fast enough.

I saw him play last year and thought he was a mature ager. He looks old. He has trimmed down massively this year. Watch him play. He is seriously good. He backs himself to intercept, he actually takes the game on and can run, he is a great kick. The main thing is that he wants the ball and wants to impose himself on the game.

Talking about marks. Kemp is a very good mark.

I'm going to assume we end up with hawks pick 10 as the will take our second rounder and turn spp or amon into a superstar.

Gould and kemp (plus mead) would be a great fit.

Gould gives me Fogarty vibes. Not fast enough.

Nah hes not slow, hes got real good running capacity too.

Hard to say of course but where Fogarty struggled at every level he played in his draft year, Gould has shone and been a standout in his

Nah hes not slow, hes got real good running capacity too.

Hard to say of course but where Fogarty struggled at every level he played in his draft year, Gould has shone and been a standout in his

I just think he's more of a Jonas replacement (but far better) than an actual intercept defender based on how he plays. To be a good intercept defender you need to have the ability to read the play from a long way out.

And I like the fact that Worrell has played everywhere on the ground because it means he'll be comfortable pushing forward which is what we like.

Here's a question for you: if I said that trading out Howard, 27 and 9 would get you Worrell and Lukosius, would you do it?

Anyway, I reckon Gould goes to Adelaide with 4. He looks like a perfect player to pair with Doedee.

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I watched the first half of sa v vic metro and confused myself. Vic metro was destroying a dysfunctional Sa side.

Rowell and Anderson confuse me. Sometimes they look really good. Sometimes they look bog average. Doesn't matter they are pick 1 and 2.

Worrell was playing forward. He has a lot of upside. Good kick. Good mark. Leads. Moves well. Floats out of the game. I wouldn't complain if we took him with 9 or 10.

McAsey was down back. He played really well. Nice intercept mark. Nice skills. Could impose himself a bit more. I wouldn't complain with pick 9 / 10.

Bergman looks like a nice third forward.

Schoenberg was the best for SA. His skills and movement were really good.

Gould wasn't playing particularly well. Nice dash out of defence. Couple of dodgy kicks.

Stephens was okay. His kicking isn't great. He looks like he needs to be in an organised team.

Day had some shockers. Pickett almost good but wasn't. Mead was just solid. I was waiting for Hilder to be super impressive but it didn't quite happen. Finlay was okay but not really a weapon.

Don't know?!

Nihilus

Club Legend
Mar 4, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm all aboard the Kemp as a slider train

Kemp is one of 4 I hope we get with our first pick (9) even with his injury …. the other 3 are Stephens, MsAsey & Worrell

Brodie Kemp is
193cm/82kg
Vic Country/Bendigo Pioneers
Utility
The knee reconstruction will see him unavailable until late next year, meaning he will start his AFL career on the sidelines. It was especially disappointing given Kemp had just hit the best form of his season after a brilliant finish to the championships for Vic Country. Kemp had started to show his skills as a strong and tall midfielder with good reach above his head.

Dylan Stephens
183cm/70kg
South Australia/Norwood
Midfielder

He has done some nice things at senior level for Norwood, including a classy goal two weeks ago against North Adelaide that saw him zip away from the centre square, accelerate when under pressure and nail the running shot. Continues to show Andrew Gaff-like tendencies as a run and carry left-footer.

Fischer McAsey
195cm/86kg
Vic Metro/Sandringham Dragons
Key defender/forward

McAsey had spent most of his life playing as a tall forward. He switched into the backline for his draft year and has blossomed there, winning MVP honours for Vic Metro after a standout championships. But he's not lost his forward craft, and is comfortable playing around goal, where he is good at crashing packs, having strong hands under pressure and creating chances. A versatile option who shapes as the leading tall available.

Josh Worrell
195cm/74kg
Vic Metro/Sandringham Dragons
Key defender/forward
Worrell had already shown enough as a marking backman who can cut off opposition forward forays, plus his own form when he's closer to goal

hopefully we can get 1 or 2 of these players

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Stephens Kemp Gould serong Flanders

For our first pls. Could live with ash as well.

Trade pick 26/28 ish whatever it is + another pick to get up before a mead pick. Ie top 22 ish should do.

Stephens / Kemp / Gould

mcasey or any number of other good players at pick we trade in. I love Dylan Williams as a pure forward if you forget about making him a midfielder.

Mead bid match

Then wait for players to slide and trade into draft and take them. Guys like

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Didn't realise thilthorpe isn't in this yr draft wow going to be a monster

rumoursofwinter

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 7, 2008
melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I just watched the second quarter of vic country and wa. Very confused.

Ash was beyond woeful. Every kick was horrendous.

Young was as bad as Ash but had less run.

Kemp didn’t do much but what he did was quality and tough.

Serong barely touched the ball.

Baldi but kicking poor.

Flanders didn’t do much and kicking poor.

Weightman couldn’t get near the ball.

Cahill got a soft free kick goal and looked meh.

Comben was good.

For Wa.

Sharp was actually very good. His kicking is a weapon. He ran hard.

Robertson was brilliant. He hit contests at speed, won the ball, distributed well.

Jackson didn’t do much in the ruck.

Henry was brilliant and skilful. (Freo)

So. Really dunno. I think that some of the top eight picks could be duds.

Keen on Robertson and Kemp. Worrell looks like he has the potential to be very good. Stephens and Gould look low risk players. Sharp has weapons. Schoenberg is a very good mid.

Pablo Escobar

Senior List
Dec 30, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I think we need to address the glaring deficiency in our team, and that is decent size mids with a bit of zip, evasiveness, can stay in the game all game, and nice foot skills. Apart from Rozee perhaps in a year or two, I don’t think we have any players like this. No way are we going anywhere with Wines, Rocky and SPP in the midfield together. Very Melbournesque. Is there anyone likely to be at our first pick like this? Sam Flanders?

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I get the feeling this draft is a bit of a dud and has a high risk of failure. It may be better for us to trade everything out for players already in the AFL system.
That’s why I want the Hawks to be forced to use their first this year rather than letting everyone be their feeder club for proven players.

Back