List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

To Small, Slow, Vanilla. Unfortunately.
Really? He is 181, which is not tall ... but he is not a small player, which is irrelevant, if he is any good. IMO he has reasonable speed, and is not vanilla. He is a tough bugger, has a great kick, good vision, and is very good in contested ball. Cut above SANFL, and could easily be picked up by a club

He has been invited to the SA Combine, so that means at least one club is interested.

Really? He is 181, which is not tall ... but he is not a small player, which is irrelevant, if he is any good. IMO he has reasonable speed, and is not vanilla. He is a tough bugger, has a great kick, good vision, and is very good in contested ball. Cut above SANFL, and could easily be picked up by a club

He has been invited to the SA Combine, so that means at least one club is interested.

Don't know if he's improved this year, but in the WAFL he found a lot of it but wasn't necessarily that impactful or positive for East Perth in his impact on the game.

Would guess looking at likely outs for the Crows Partington would be a reasonable fit there. Wouldn't have minded him here but he's probably not someone who would be likely to hold a spot in a decent side.

Still don't get why we didn't pick up someone in the mid season draft from another club even just to piss off the SANFL clubs.

Wasn't really paying attention but I thought Tom Browne said Port was one of the clubs interested in Cody Weightman.

He was more interested in talking about St Kilda's interest and that they might use their first pick. Essendon were mentioned too.

Wasn't really paying attention but I thought Tom Browne said Port was one of the clubs interested in Cody Weightman.

He was more interested in talking about St Kilda's interest and that they might use their first pick. Essendon were mentioned too.

I thought he mentioned Melbourne being interested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely that can’t be true. Weightman’s got some tricks as a forward but I’ve not even seen him run through the midfield. Risky way to use a high first round pick.

I really really liked weightman in the champs but strongly suspect he will be the type that surprises a few early in his career before defenders work him out and then become a middling small forward for the rest of his career.

I reckon small forwards should always be harshly judged as the step up to the afl defenses are so much better organised and there is any number of near kpp height defenders who can play on smalls and 180cm defenders who can play taller.

If we’re forced to use our 2nd on mead then no. But Gould generates run from the backlines with the way he plays. And mead can open up play with pinpoint kicking.
Want more speed not ball of movement but actually leg speed we need it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back