List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Minor tidbit
With bulldogs losing we can stop death riding their fourth rounder currently sitting at pick 66

Thank goodness. I was finding that so emotionally draining late in the year :p

I think this year is a good opportunity to trade our future first round pick (combine it with pick 27 from this year given it will get chewed up with mead anyway) to get another pick inside the first round. We would end up with two first round picks and Mead. This will be assuming that the club determines Schofield is a first round pick next year. Looking even further forward if jase Burgoyne becomes an elite junior you can then bring picks from his draft forward in the Schofield draft. God I love thinking about these sort of things haha

I think this year is a good opportunity to trade our future first round pick (combine it with pick 27 from this year given it will get chewed up with mead anyway) to get another pick inside the first round. We would end up with two first round picks and Mead. This will be assuming that the club determines Schofield is a first round pick next year. Looking even further forward if jase Burgoyne becomes an elite junior you can then bring picks from his draft forward in the Schofield draft. God I love thinking about these sort of things haha

I don’t think that would be wise

It’s not a sure thing Schofield goes early, especially before our first next year which could possibly be anywhere.

He’s exciting but barely played this year and is sub 180cms. There are heaps of names ahead of him right now.

We should consider what to do with pick 27 regarding mead, but I would be hesitant to trade next years first unless it’s to get a very good player here.

There are also lots of Sa players coming out of contract in 2020 that we could need trade collateral for.

Gould is good but do we need him? Stephens is a much better fit for our list IMO. The last thing we need is more tweener defenders.
I look at him as a Jonas replacement. He is 3cm taller and is ready to go.

The problem with this draft is its full of types we dont really need. Stephens looks good but I think being the best outside mid in the draft has pushed him higher than he is worth.

Gould is good but do we need him? Stephens is a much better fit for our list IMO. The last thing we need is more tweener defenders.

I want Stephens more but if he’s gone I don’t see why we shouldn’t pick Gould

I do really think we could use him.

Houston is a mid now

Hartlett and broady are near the end.

Dbj is a small guy and different player.

Upgrade on Bonner.

The idea next year we could have burton Gould garner in the backlines is very exciting. That’s a very good group of tough ball users who play tall and small and rebound.

Yeah im aboard the Gould train. Would still prefer Stephens but our defensive stocks arent as great as what they could be. Broady and Mckenzie probably out this year, no guarantee Grundy will make it, we still need defensive cover.

Even with our 2nd pick the hope is to get defensive cover if we are lucky enough to use it pre a bid on Mead.

Yeah im aboard the Gould train. Would still prefer Stephens but our defensive stocks arent as great as what they could be. Broady and Mckenzie probably out this year, no guarantee Grundy will make it, we still need defensive cover.

Even with our 2nd pick the hope is to get defensive cover if we are lucky enough to use it pre a bid on Mead.
I think McKenzie has played himself into another contract.
His last 8 weeks have been very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't see them getting to much for Keath only has 4yrs left and only played 20 odd games.

They always seem to get overs for their players. He'll be relentlessly described in the local media as Future captain; Unlucky to miss All Australian; Showdown Medallist Alex Keath the minute he declares his intention to leave and his rating will magically climb.

They always seem to get overs for their players. He'll be relentlessly described in the local media as Future captain; Unlucky to miss All Australian; Showdown Medallist Alex Keath the minute he declares his intention to leave and his rating will magically climb.
And after he leaves been seen as a spud who hasn’t played that many games and doesn’t have much left.

The immediate turnaround in their opinions of Dangerfield and lever was amazing

And after he leaves been seen as a spud who hasn’t played that many games and doesn’t have much left.

The immediate turnaround in their opinions of Dangerfield and lever was amazing

Dunno if you've seen the thread on the D&T board about him but they've already started on this. He's a borderline All Australian when we're talking about his trade value, but he's also easily replaceable and will struggle to get a game ahead of Kyle Hartigan next year. Oh, and his preference is actually to stay at the Crows, despite the medicals he's been doing over in Victoria.

You could research a PhD on cognitive dissonance just by reading through that thread.

It's laughable, but given they've generally been overpaid for players departing (the only thing that's saved them from really crashing hard the last 5 years from all the exodus), whilst we go 'Here's a fair price for our players' (except for Wingard, which was basically 'please pay a penny for a s**t human being, we won't say no!') and generally get underpaid (instead of a higher starting negotiating point), I can't fault this too much.

I am thinking that draft day trading is going to come into play here with our 2nd pick if we cant upgrade it during the trade period. Clubs will know we want Mead. Would be a pretty good strategy especially if Gould or Stephens slide to the late teens. hopefully we can do what West Coast did last year.

Any mature agers or players who missed out last year worth a shot?
Partington and McBean might see themselves on a list again. If not this draft, surely the mid-season draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back