List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh hart is 205cms and played sanfl reserves this year after only playing footy for 2 years prior. He was eligible for the draft as an over ager. Clubs wanted to see more of him and he was very close to playing state as a ruckmen that can pinch hit fwd if needed in the rotations. He didnt play a single game and i think that defeats the purpose of a future KPP/rucks development. There were 2 - 3 rucks that couldve played all very even in what they could provide. However instead of sharing the opportunity a kid with the most upside (205cms) didnt get a single game after being part of the squad. In turn a ruckmen that didnt have the same upside in terms of potential, growth etc. plays every game when he was no chance of being drafted. The focus on winning the carnival and not giving players with the most upside and potential to be drafted is an interesting one.
They should drop the SANFL funding and increase the amount paid per draftee (and scale it based on draft pick).

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was listed at 98kg before that article went up and twomeys latest one. I don't think he is that heavy 98kg seems more accurate imo.

Its accurate. He told recruiters he will celebrate the SANFL flag he won like there was no tommorow, as he could get injured tommorow and never play again so he intends on going hard in celebration. I wouldn't be suprised if he put on 8kgs in that time. Hes already a very big boy even in the full swing of things training hard. Imagine what hed blow out to if he didnt play footy.

They should drop the SANFL funding and increase the amount paid per draftee (and scale it based on draft pick).

Thats an even worse idea than we have now.

The problem is that the SANFL is already impatient with players that can’t turn themselves into stars with little assistance. Primarily rewarding them for star players will mean to the SANFL that its only worth focusing on the very best because you might get absolutely nothing from a developing raw tall

Did you realise what you just said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

Was it not clear?

Mcasey knows how to play the position. You’re just trying to develop him into a better player,

As opposed to someone like Howard (who I liked and didn’t think we should have traded) who really needed to learn the position.

Yes all 3 should be available at our first pick.

I think we'll go McAsey, Rivers and match a bid on Mead. If a bid doesn't come, then I think we'll pick Rantall.
McAsey at 12 would be a very good get. I’m hoping we can nab Mead after our 3rd pick, his lack of leg speed still concerns me.

Interesting to see Twomey ranked Mead at 21...

Also I'm so unconvinced on Gould. If we get him I really hope he proves me wrong.

I didn't actually know who he was when I was watching our SANFL finals, I spent the whole time wondering how that fat bloke in Glenelg's backline was getting a game at this level. Wasn't until after the GF that I learned it was Gould. It didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gould 106kg makes sense why his combine numbers made him look like hourigan v2. If we go kemp i can see us getting gould for our second pick as an immediate player

Gould was 98kg two months ago. Recruiters have told him to slim down a little and he's added 8kg. Should be a massive draft slider. Literally.

Gould was 98kg two months ago. Recruiters have told him to slim down a little and he's added 8kg. Should be a massive draft slider. Literally.

I think he's been eating all the sliders.

Its accurate. He told recruiters he will celebrate the SANFL flag he won like there was no tommorow, as he could get injured tommorow and never play again so he intends on going hard in celebration. I wouldn't be suprised if he put on 8kgs in that time. Hes already a very big boy even in the full swing of things training hard. Imagine what hed blow out to if he didnt play footy.
If hes 106 he is drifting into Lance Whitnall territory and there is a real risk he might never meet the professional standards required for modern AFL football.

Combined with his height he is one I really dont want.

Gould at 18 (really 21) I'll be happy with, 12 (13/14) I'll be content, not a huge win not a huge loss

Who is the player that people here are praying to slide to us. What players would address a key defender and some speed across the lines?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back