List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Well that article is completely different to what I thought. I was certain that once a bid is made, you can’t trade your picks in the 5 mins to try and move down the order.

That’s great news for us with Mead. Try and have a deal lined up ready to go and then only use it if Mead is bid on before 29.
Would prefer that Port change our pick 29, plus some late or future picks, to trade up to the early 20's, plus a pick in the late 30's to mid 40's so that we get 3 picks in before a bid on Mead comes.

Wishinman

All Australian
May 6, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
have been watching him for 2 years.
that’s how I know he made zero improvement to his game this year.
He has a couple of nice tricks (leap, pace), but disposal is average. I don’t understand the hype.

I reckon Michael Frederick offers more.
Yeah he played overage u18’s, but his improvement over the season was strong. Watched his reserves debut and it was a solid 15 disposal, 2 goal performance from the wing. His last 2 games were awesome, including BOG in the Grand Final.

Disposal by foot is elite, not that you see much in these highlights.

Hopefully we see highlights from his last 2 games.

Wines to cripps

Senior List
Oct 15, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So my 4 picks in the Phantom draft were:

McAsey
Worrell
Mead
Jeka

3 talls. Jeka too good to overlook with a pick in the 60s

I'll be honest I can only see mcasey making it long term with mead being a good role player .

Jeka is muh goes missing a lot and lacks that hard edge
Worrell ify shoulders ..

But 2 out of 4 making it to best 22 would be a good draft imo

It Just Is

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2012
On cloud 9
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Can suck it!
I rate Harry Schoenberg higher than anyone else it seems. I have a real soft spot for midfielders who know how to move through stoppages and out the front.

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
CAMERON Taheny is hopeful his standout performance in the SANFL reserves Grand Final will be a reminder to recruiters of his talents.

The exciting forward booted four goals in Norwood's premiership win, ending an inconsistent season on a high.

Norwood ran out 19-point winners as Taheny, alongside possible top-10 pick Dylan Stephens, improved their draft stocks.

Got Hawthorn written all over him. Clarkson would’ve jizzed over that clip, cause that’s what Rioli used to do.

Adelaide have Stengle, Lachlan The Rig and McHenry. They have a few small forward options already. They probably have more than we do. I don't count Cox as a small forward, he's more a marking option than a ground level Hoover.

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Crows are taking Pickett with one of their 20s picks
I'd rather that then us use a pick under 30 on him. No use getting icing players when we need so much cake (KPP's firstly, quality outside mid's secondly, a good lock down defender to take the Betts type thirdly).

Seems a poor pick for Adelaide in the 20's given all their list issues. He's going to generate a few highlight reels between swathes of nothingness though, which they can sell to the sheep as reason to come along and watch.

Back