List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Story on Dylan Williams on AFL website. I know a while ago there were stories that we were in to him big time.
Impossible for occasional watchers like me to know what he is. Macca what do you think? Is he a good fit for us?
Oakleigh has provided us with some good footballers over the years.
It's very interesting that we were into him before. Given we had such success with Rozee (based more on his U16 and U17 years than his U 18 year, maybe we take a guy who 12 months ago was in the top 5 conversation.

Story on Dylan Williams on AFL website. I know a while ago there were stories that we were in to him big time.
Impossible for occasional watchers like me to know what he is. Macca what do you think? Is he a good fit for us?
Oakleigh has provided us with some good footballers over the years.

"His talent is undoubted by recruiters, but they wanted to see him improve his endurance this year, run more and control games rather than dip in and out."

So he doesn't like to run, doesn't have good endurance and he picks and chooses when he wants to get involved?

We just got rid of Howard because he played like this. Hard pass.

The clarification on the bidding system is ultra interesting. It could help us nab #5!

Here's my logic-

#5 Sydney bid on Green

GWS have 5 minutes to trade out #6

If Port offer them #12 and #18 on my calculations they use #12 to match Green and #18 goes to #26. I'm not sure there would be a better offer available for them.

Suddenly in stead of 2 picks outside the sweet spot of this draft, we get one pick in the heart of the sweet spot. Personally, I'd prefer one of Kemp, Serong, Flanders or Young than McAsey and Worrell (Macca's picks on the main board draft.

"His talent is undoubted by recruiters, but they wanted to see him improve his endurance this year, run more and control games rather than dip in and out."

So he doesn't like to run, doesn't have good endurance and he picks and chooses when he wants to get involved?

Wasn't he cruelled by injury this year?

Edit: Yeah, he had stress fractures in his back. Those same criticisms were levelled at Bowen Lockwood after he developed stress fractures. So Williams comes down to a medical report for me.

Last edited:

I mean this also somewhat described Rozee last year too

Dream:

Pick 12: Stephens (highly unlikely), Kemp, Robertson.

Pick 18: McAsey, Worrell, Jaskson.

Pick 29: Sharp, Williams -> here I reckon we trade down to Freo's 22.

Match mead Bid

Last edited:
I mean this also somewhat described Rozee last year too

I look at his injuries this year as being a product of a body that has never tried to do those things. Groin injury? Running. Stress fracture in the back? High activity levels. Does he have talent? Sure. But you're looking at a player who probably won't play AFL for two years while he gets his fitness up. Then he'll probably ask to be traded. If he was a Vic Country or WA player I'd say get him, but since he's Vic Metro...I'm concerned about flight risk.

That being said, I wouldn't cry if we took him with 18.

Dream:

Pick 12: Stephens (highly unlikely), Kemp, Robertson.

Pick 18: McAsey, Worrell, Jaskson.

Pick 29: Sharp, Williams -> here I reckon we trade down to Freo's 22.

Match mead Bid
They're all highly unlikely bar maybe Worrell/Williams at 29

Taheny has played some good senior footy.

Do you know if he’s related to Emily Taheny, the comedian/actress hailing from the Yorke Peninsula whose credits include the appalling Open Slather, the baffling The Flip Side (set around SA, playing Eddie Izzard’s love interest) and being Fiona O’Loughlin’s sister?

Because... idk, Fantales?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I look at his injuries this year as being a product of a body that has never tried to do those things. Groin injury? Running. Stress fracture in the back? High activity levels. Does he have talent? Sure. But you're looking at a player who probably won't play AFL for two years while he gets his fitness up. Then he'll probably ask to be traded. If he was a Vic Country or WA player I'd say get him, but since he's Vic Metro...I'm concerned about flight risk.

That being said, I wouldn't cry if we took him with 18.

Doc Janus

Doc Janus

You don't need to be a doctor to figure out that the human body will respond badly to a sudden increase in workload. It's just common sense.

Go out and run 42km tomorrow and see how you pull up if you think otherwise.

Do you know if he’s related to Emily Taheny, the comedian/actress hailing from the Yorke Peninsula whose credits include the appalling Open Slather, the baffling The Flip Side (set around SA, playing Eddie Izzard’s love interest) and being Fiona O’Loughlin’s sister?

Fun fact: I know one of the comedians who was a cast member of Open Slather, and even she thinks it was s**t.

have been watching him for 2 years.

that’s how I know he made zero improvement to his game this year.
I didn't watch in in 2018 but I saw a lot of his 2019 games. I thought he definitely got better towards the end of the year and he was an excitement machine in the State Knockout Cup. I agree with the Betts comment except he's got more fight than Betts, a bit of white line fever. I reckon he's exactly what we're missing. It's going to take him a couple of years to get bigger but he can move and he's an absolute goal sneak and those speckies are team lifters.

He would be, I'm just not sure where the connection is yet. I'm not aware of any other Tahenys in Australia not connected to the YP mob, but I could be wrong. His facial features certainly remind me of a Taheny.

I like Tyrone Thorne as a very late pick. I know he is tiny but he is fast, evasive, skilful and most importantly he throws his body around with no fear.

Fischer McAsey reminds me of a tall Jonas. I suppose a tall Jonas is a useful player.

I like Tyrone Thorne as a very late pick. I know he is tiny but he is fast, evasive, skilful and most importantly he throws his body around with no fear.

Fischer McAsey reminds me of a tall Jonas. I suppose a tall Jonas is a useful player.
It’s going to be hard to unsee the Jonas/McAsey connection. They do have that same lumbering unco thing happening.

I really want to see McAsey the forward.

Crows are taking Pickett with one of their 20s picks
Yeh that seems to be the vibe they're putting out but could just as well be a ploy for us to pull the trigger with an early pick on him.

We don't have a small forward like him but 18 does feel a stretch.

I'm probably seduced by the name as well but he can play. An extra few inches would have made things interesting...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back