List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Potentially elite, natural goal kicker, good size, good athleticism, had a very Rozee type year and has gone under the radar a bit. At 16/18, I think he's absolutely worth a shot.

3rd best forward on my list behind Taylor and Taheny, but his ceiling is much higher than both.
So what don’t you like about Weightman or Bergman by comparison?

What's the knock on Bianco?

sub 180cm small defender with minimal defensive capability. Plays the quarterback role but struggles to kick well under pressure (despite consistent reports he's an elite kick). Questionable midfield potential.

sub 180cm small defender with minimal defensive capability. Plays the quarterback role but struggles to kick well under pressure (despite consistent reports he's an elite kick). Questionable midfield potential.
So like a short Trent Rivers ;)

Sounds like the guy we had that ended up back at Centrals.

If he can't defend we don't need him. I want another Dan Houston/Joel Garner.

So what don’t you like about Weightman or Bergman by comparison?

Weightman has a higher floor than Williams but i'm still not convinced by him. Had 2 ripping quarters in the champs, then didnt kick a lot of goals for the rest of the year. Doubtful midfield potential. Plus he's likely to be gone by our first pick anyway.

Bergman I rate in the 50's. Bits and pieces lead up player who doesn't get involved enough, doesn't kick enough goals, but has good athleticism.

Williams > Weightman > Bergman for me.

Weightman has the x factor, but Williams reminds me a lot of Stevie J and if the pieces all fit for him then I can see him being elite.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
shewho I am ok with drafting forwards to be forwards, just have trouble with believing we should draft forwards because they might become Nat Fyfe-esque mids.

At Port we have had so many ”he’s a flanker but with midfield potential” types and they largely stay flankers. Hartlett the primest example imaginable.

If we can’t make a case for ’Bergman as a career-long flanker’ being worthwhile in and of itself then I’d suggest theres better options. If we can make that case, and that has him high enough priority for us to draft, great.
I take your point but the world is changing. First round used to be reserved for mids and talls with flankers rucks and forwards only getting a look in the later rounds. After what Richmond did in 2017, some more talented kids are being kept forward more and so this draft looks strong on forwards and forward/mids. I believe you identify a draft's strengths and attack that.

But I still find it hard to justify a high to mid first round pick on a pure forward. What Melbourne are looking to do with Pickett is very brave. If Byron wasn't such a great player, if Byron hadn't played for Port and won our only Norm Smith, if I hadn't seen Kysaiah walking into Adelaide Oval a few times with Byron, and if the thought of having a Pickett so close to our grasp but losing him , there is no way he'd be so high on my draft board. Pickett is an emotional choice for me. So I may be hanging onto outdated imperialist dogma, but generally I prefer those forwards with midfield scope as they are generally the better players.

Young Gun #6

Norm Smith Medallist
May 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus, Suns
Kemp will be the Jack Higgins slider of this draft.

Although potentially will be even better.

If we pass on him we’re ******* morons.

240volt

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Age phantom draft picks for Port

Miles Bergman
Sam De Koning
Trent Bianco

They have Geelong taking Jones before our final pick and Worrell missing out in the first round.

Also saying Port has shown late interest in Dylan Williams.
I hope that late interest in Williams holds up.
He looks like what we are crying out for.

Williams looks like a Luke Reynolds clone.

Will dominate SANFL but will it translate?

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah I don't think they are alike at all. Reynolds plays like a 80s full forward or a Tim Membrey type. Williams is more explosive, has more agility, has more tricks, has better ground skills and more x factor.

Oct 7, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Are there other teams?
I hope that late interest in Williams holds up.
He looks like what we are crying out for.
It's not late interest. The Williams- Port connection has been around for a while. It's the Day and De Koning links that are new.

My hope beyond hope is that Live Bidding has meant that clubs are lying to everyone about their preferences and that Twomey has been fed a steaming hot plate of dog turds by all concerned. Would love Melbourne to start the ball rolling by bidding on Green. Want the Cows to bid on Henry at #6 and completely do a job on Freo. Let's make this worth watching with chairs thrown and a punch-up between opposing recruiters- sort of like an Italian Parliament. With Melbourne, GWS, Adelaide and Fremantle ejected from the room, we end up with picks 6, 10 and 12 on a night that goes down in history as the "BloodDraft".

Not like it normally is- a reality TV show at a funeral directors on a slow day.

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Biancos main problem was he tried to make every kick of his an elite kick, it s in his arsenal he just has to do the foott equivalent of play in the rather than show off your elite late cut every time

Sep 9, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Potentially elite, natural goal kicker, good size, good athleticism, had a very Rozee type year and has gone under the radar a bit. At 16/18, I think he's absolutely worth a shot.

3rd best forward on my list behind Taylor and Taheny, but his ceiling is much higher than both.

I can’t judge Williams as a mid as I’ve never seen him there

But Williams as a medium forward is ace.

Genuinely the best reader and body user I’ve seen since Robbie gray, except he’s taller and going to be even bigger through the hips. His hips and thighs are genuine weapons. He is very solid through that core.

Williams is the small forward that Hinkley has been dreaming of.

Powerage

Absurd Caricature
Aug 14, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Not saying I disagree, but I think you might be one of the few who think this way.

Having looked over his vids again, my concern is he doesn’t have any other weapons. No speed, average agility, short, average overhead. So if his kicking is as you say, he doesn’t have the tools to get away with this.

LOL. A euphemism for "I'm not saying I disagree, however almost everybody else and possibly myself disagree".

Back