List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

Biancos main problem was he tried to make every kick of his an elite kick, it s in his arsenal he just has to do the foott equivalent of play in the rather than show off your elite late cut every time

He's Caleb Daniel as a half back.

I hate Caleb Daniel as a half back.

He's Caleb Daniel as a half back.

I hate Caleb Daniel as a half back.
Nah he has a lot more midfield scope than Caleb Daniel, can find it a lot more even find it himself. Would love a highlights package from his game against Tassie Devils where he had 42(?ish) touches)

Caleb Daniel can't pierce his kicks anything like Bianco too

shewho I am ok with drafting forwards to be forwards, just have trouble with believing we should draft forwards because they might become Nat Fyfe-esque mids.

At Port we have had so many ”he’s a flanker but with midfield potential” types and they largely stay flankers. Hartlett the primest example imaginable.

If we can’t make a case for ’Bergman as a career-long flanker’ being worthwhile in and of itself then I’d suggest theres better options. If we can make that case, and that has him high enough priority for us to draft, great.
Portia, who said that? I know I have referenced Fyfe, and I have seen a few others. But every time it has been in response to some expert saying "dont pick player X, he is too skinny."

So let's not rewrite the facts. If a draftee has the skills and attributes needed to become an AFL player, but is a bit skinny (probably covers 70% of all draftees), then I have no problems picking him, and can rightly reference Fyfe as an example of a skinny player who succeeded!

If a player doesn't have the required attributes, then sure. Otherwise happy to read up on all the quality research posters are putting up, both negative and positive on draftees.

Portia, who said that? I know I have referenced Fyfe, and I have seen a few others. But every time it has been in response to some expert saying "dont pick player X, he is too skinny."

So let's not rewrite the facts. If a draftee has the skills and attributes needed to become an AFL player, but is a bit skinny (probably covers 70% of all draftees), then I have no problems picking him, and can rightly reference Fyfe as an example of a skinny player who succeed!

If a player doesn't have the required attributes, then sure. Otherwise happy to read up on all the quality research posters are putting up, both negative and positive on draftees.
That is precisely the reason we didn’t select Fyfe. We accidentally watched Fyfe kick 7 goals in a colts game as a third tall (we were there watching someone else) but overlooked him because he didn’t play midfield as was a third tall.
there you go

there you go

That is precisely the reason we didn’t select Fyfe. We accidentally watched Fyfe kick 7 goals in a colts game as a third tall (we were there watching someone else) but overlooked him because he didn’t play midfield as was a third tall.
Which was in answer to this post about Fyfe being a third tall rather than a midfielder

GC apparently offering dogs 15 & 20 for 13 & 53 if Robertson is there.

If we wont pick Robertson I would do 12 & 55 for 15 & 20
Yep me 2 was thinking if they really want day our interest might be trying to get that deal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah he has a lot more midfield scope than Caleb Daniel, can find it a lot more even find it himself. Would love a highlights package from his game against Tassie Devils where he had 42(?ish) touches)

Caleb Daniel can't pierce his kicks anything like Bianco too

You can watch it on the NAB app

The lack of consensus across this thread and other clubs threads points to an interesting night. Cant remember a draft where there is so much uncertainty in who best to pick up and where they should fall. Apart from first few rankings there seems to be debates and concerns with most-players in the top 20.

Should be interesting in a few years as to who got it right and a real indicator of recruiters who can really judge talent.

Just hoping we dont balls it up completely with a young, moore type draft as there are plenty of Ok but average types in this yr.

I'm still on the Serong , Williams, Sharp bandwagon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back