List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Mega Thread - Pickett is not eligible as F/S or NGA

Remove this Banner Ad

In reference to the inside the draft video from the Melbourne rooms.

I agree it is interesting, but even more interesting for me is it showed how much power we had with pick 22, and how we must've had clubs coming to us bidding for that pick to get him. Hence why we got such a good deal from Brisbane.

Melbourne were only wanting to give up 28 and a 4th,
Brisbane happy to give up 23 and a future 2nd.

It was a no brainer to maximise that value and go with Brisbane.
The Richmond response was we have club's offering future firsts, then look at what Gold coast paid for Sharp too.

In reference to the inside the draft video from the Melbourne rooms.

I agree it is interesting, but even more interesting for me is it showed how much power we had with pick 22, and how we must've had clubs coming to us bidding for that pick to get him. Hence why we got such a good deal from Brisbane.

Melbourne were only wanting to give up 28 and a 4th,
Brisbane happy to give up 23 and a future 2nd.

It was a no brainer to maximise that value and go with Brisbane.
It was funny how Melbourne kept checking their phones were working and waiting desperately for calls that didn’t come.
Gotta say our recruiting team have been pretty smart and well prepared over last 2 drafts

Nearly half of the competition was interested in Port's pick 22 that opened the second round, but Brisbane was keenest to move up a spot from pick No.23 to swoop on the midfielder. In fact, had they not offloaded their first-round pick in a pre-draft deal with Port, the Lions would likely have snapped up Robertson then.

They didn't let their second chance go missing. Brisbane offered a future second-round pick to take Port's pick, and even though Port wasn't going to select Robertson there, the Lions had to make sure their offer beat others', including Adelaide, who were trying to inch up the board.

So our first round pick deal with Brisbane virtually netted us a future second round pick as well.
Hehe

Also interesting that we were offered Carlton's first rounder (Flanders) for 16 and 18. We obviously ended up pretty happy with those two picks and the value we eked out of them, but Flanders would have been a nice little slider too.

Also interesting that we were offered Carlton's first rounder (Flanders) for 16 and 18. We obviously ended up pretty happy with those two picks and the value we eked out of them, but Flanders would have been a nice little slider too.

I would've liked to see us take that deal. Flanders would have been a great pickup.

I would've liked to see us take that deal. Flanders would have been a great pickup.

would have loved Flanders but Flanders v Georgiades Williams and a 2020 2nd rounder I think the latter is my choice.

would have loved Flanders but Flanders v Georgiades Williams and a 2020 2nd rounder I think the latter is my choice.

Make it 12 and 16 then. I'm taking Flanders over Bergman and Georgiades, and we could probably have gotten something back too.

Funny how in hindsight and thanks to live trading we probably got a better result with 18 than we did with 12 or 16.

We need to work at having the 1st pick of the 2nd night every year.
After this year lots of club will want to, unless you’re desperate for a player you are sure will be very late first round, it’s apparently worth more than a pick there - once the first night has passed anyway.

Make it 12 and 16 then. I'm taking Flanders over Bergman and Georgiades, and we could probably have gotten something back too.

Funny how in hindsight and thanks to live trading we probably got a better result with 18 than we did with 12 or 16.

It probably a bit early to be talking hindsight on these guys. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It probably a bit early to be talking hindsight on these guys. :)

The hindsight is based on what we achieved with the live trading. As of now Bergman, Georgiades and Williams are all talented juniors who struggled last year due to injury, I don't really rate any one of them above the others just yet. But I do rate the fact that we turned 18 into Williams + 55 + a second rounder. I'd take that over what we did with 12 and what we did with 14.

Put the entire draft on one night and quit yapping. It can be done in 2-3 hours.

Not with live trading it cant.

The issue isnt the length of the draft. The issue is the poor coverage of it.

Make each pick 10 minutes, have proper coverage and it will be great viewing

70 picks × 10 minutes = 700 minutes. 11.5 hours of boredom would be the result.

I agree the coverage is poor with a lot of unnecessary bullshit suspense, and cliched questions. Eliminate that and show some highlights of each kid maybe a minute per pick.

One of the problems is TV doesnt really want to go much past the top 10. They want to talk to the star kids and ignore many of the latter picks talking over the top or ignoring the selections.

What they need to do after the first 10 or even the first round, is for teams who know who they are picking and aren't live trading, to just make their pick. Having coverage of teams just sitting there doing nothing but waiting for the clock to get down to 0 to pick is a joke.

You should be discussing any changes to who you plan on picking and any sliders well before your pick is live.

Cut it down to 2 minutes, maybe leave the first round at 5 so their can be a brief chat with each of the first round but from there speed it up.

10 minutes!!!! Sheesh!

It's bad enough they drag it out so long now. Teams have selected minutes before the TV actually announces some of those early selections, and there's nothing worse than those pointless delays.

70 picks × 10 minutes = 700 minutes. 11.5 hours of boredom would be the result.

I agree the coverage is poor with a lot of unnecessary bullshit suspense, and cliched questions. Eliminate that and show some highlights of each kid maybe a minute per pick.

One of the problems is TV doesnt really want to go much past the top 10. They want to talk to the star kids and ignore many of the latter picks talking over the top or ignoring the selections.

It can be as interesting and intriguing as the AFL can make it.

The reason its boring is at the moment youve got vision every pick of Silvagni/Cripps/Noble etc holding a phone and clicking a pen for 5 minutes before switching to vision of another guy holding a phone and clicking a button on a laptop.

Theres enough vision of just about every draftee for there to be 5 minutes of jighlights, pre packaged interview with junior coach or state coach, could be interviews with recruitment managers after the pick.

The AFL have made it a boring event by its substandard coverage

10 minutes!!!! Sheesh!

It's bad enough they drag it out so long now. Teams have selected minutes before the TV actually announces some of those early selections, and there's nothing worse than those pointless delays.

As we saw, it takes time for live deals to go through. Give clubs the opportunity to trade properly

What they need to do after the first 10 or even the first round, is for teams who know who they are picking and aren't live trading, to just make their pick. Having coverage of teams just sitting there doing nothing but waiting for the clock to get down to 0 to pick is a joke.
They can do that now.

From the videos released it is obvious that they just wait just in case someone calls.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back