• A - really great

• B - pretty good

• C - okay

• D - could have been better

• E - could have been a lot better

• F - terrible!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

No he actually said, and I quote, "and to get South Australia's best midfielder, who's a ripping lad, our supporters are going to love Harry"

Later he said he was best performed at the Nationals
Where’s this?

I’ve only seen the highlights listed here, but he looks quality. Good by foot and hand and able to take the player on.

Also seems to have a decent burst, how quick is he? Brad Crouch type speed?

He looked like he could play round 1, really all our first 3 picks look like they could. All 3 should play decent game time next year.

To be honest I'm slightly disappointed with our direction right from when we traded pick 4. I even think we should have been more aggressive with the list this year to get another top 10.

I've said for a while now that without a good midfield we're going nowhere. We've got a solid midfield without the elite one or two players and this was our chance to take an Ash or Flanders (on the fence with Stephens). Alas we chose a kpd, who does look the goods.

I do really like the Schoenberg pick. Think he could be a very handy player.

Not questioning any of the picks per se. It's more the direction. I'm also getting bitter after the gf failure and the last couple of years.

To be honest I'm slightly disappointed with our direction right from when we traded pick 4. I even think we should have been more aggressive with the list this year to get another top 10.

I've said for a while now that without a good midfield we're going nowhere. We've got a solid midfield without the elite one or two players and this was our chance to take an Ash or Flanders (on the fence with Stephens). Alas we chose a kpd, who does look the goods.

I do really like the Schoenberg pick. Think he could be a very handy player.

Not questioning any of the picks per se. It's more the direction. I'm also getting bitter after the gf failure and the last couple of years.
I think we are likely to see a few more names run through that midfield next year in order to build said depth. You'll have Smith, Jones, McHenry, Poholke, Milera, Schonenberg along with the Sloane and Crouch mix.

I was always of the opinion we fix the bookends first. In Worrall and McAsey it appears we are well on the way to doing so.

This isn't going to be an overnight rebuild, and we are loaded up for next year.

He's a known quantity and has already judged to have limited upside (seeing already have been delisted after spending 3 years on a list), and we don't need players for right now to protect youth.

I highly doubt Partington will get back into the AFL system. I especially doubt it'll be with us.
Tom Hutchesson was 24 however moves better than Partington and missed 5 games through suspension plus also did his hammy at end of year and missed games plus finals . GWS picked him based on his speed n agility and he moves so well in traffic ala Tim Kelly. Toms never done an AFL preaseason and will Only get better. He was better than our AFL listed players in the SANFL this year especially Gallucci. GWS have a gun midfield and would not have chosen 24 yr old Tom if they didn’t see him playing next year.

Definitely sounds like 2 rookie draft picks tomorrow

Hoping for a good prospect with the first one, still need more outside run I think. If we’re going down the SSP route we’ll probably get someone like Longer or Brooksby in, I’m assuming

Sounds like we tried but I feel, given what we hold next year, plus the fact we could’ve packaged 2 decent picks in the initial 37/45 to move up the order then we failed in that respect.

If we got preferably Rivers, or even Rantall with our 4th selection then O’Connor likely still there late we would’ve nailed the draft.

We came out short of the depth of quality we should’ve for a rebuild. Gollant could’ve been a rookie pick or if we missed him then could’ve easily picked Shute or Park instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like we tried but I feel, given what we hold next year, plus the fact we could’ve packaged 2 decent picks in the initial 37/45 to move up the order then we failed in that respect.

If we got preferably Rivers, or even Rantall with our 4th selection then O’Connor likely still there late we would’ve nailed the draft.

We came out short of the depth of quality we should’ve for a rebuild. Gollant could’ve been a rookie pick or if we missed him then could’ve easily picked Shute or Park instead.
A lot of clubs were trying to move up ....and they were holding stronger hands than ours

Agree Gollant could have been a Rookie ....but we don't know the clubs Rookie Plans ...I'd suggest we'll go local Sth Australians

Definitely sounds like 2 rookie draft picks tomorrow

Hoping for a good prospect with the first one, still need more outside run I think. If we’re going down the SSP route we’ll probably get someone like Longer or Brooksby in, I’m assuming
Doubt it ....we have the mid-season Draft to cover Ruck injuries

Doubt it ....we have the mid-season Draft to cover Ruck injuries
Don’t know what else we might be going for then? I guess Nicks will pinpoint potential needs over the summer from what he sees in match simulation and our list and talent guys will find players to fill those needs?

Don’t know what else we might be going for then? I guess Nicks will pinpoint potential needs over the summer from what he sees in match simulation and our list and talent guys will find players to fill those needs?
Speed ....which wasn't addressed in the Draft

Matthews ? + ?

They did SO WELL last year this year seems a bit meh.... like what are they trying to build?
It feels like they have a LOT of midsized forwards who "could" push into the midfield. That pretty much what they've drafted the last two years.

Back