Player Watch Harry Schoenberg - Ruptured Achilles

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a storm come through yesterday
We all raced for our track suits as the temp plummeted
:)

View attachment 793964
I was in Alice one day and a young girl girl from Darwin had never heard of a jumper she asked her mummy what the “arm pants” were that someone was wearing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of people prefer country over city. Just personal preference isn’t it?

Personally I don’t like living in Adelaide for 1 main reason - weather. Can’t stand it. Either freezing or cooking.

I love the tropics. I love the steaming humidity of Darwin in the wet season. I have zero chance of convincing the Mrs and kids unfortunately- so here we stay.
See now this week is a classic example of why I hate living in Adelaide. Bloody freezing for months on end and then 4 days in a row +40 degrees

Its the pitts

I was in Alice one day and a young girl girl from Darwin had never heard of a jumper she asked her mummy what the “arm pants” were that someone was wearing.
Had a kid from the country do work experience with us once and he remarked that he'd used "the moving stairs" in town

See now this week is a classic example of why I hate living in Adelaide. Bloody freezing for months on end and then 4 days in a row +40 degrees

Its the pitts

What are you talking about? Weather in Adelaide is some of the best in the world imo and no one ever says it.
Bloody freezing? It doesn't even snow and rarely gets under 10 degrees. No pesky humidity and doesn't rain too much.
Downside is the dry heat I'll give you that but overall the weather is great.

I don’t experience summer. We only have 2 seasons in the Top End
Wet and dry.

Sounds great...for 6m! I'd prefer my 4 days of hot weather an 2m of cold weather than 6m of rain and humidity :)

Well this thread took off.

I'll see your Wilcannia and raise you Ceduna. Anybody been there in the last 20 years? It was like the walking dead but the zombies were being carried off by blow flies.

And Singapore is a police state. The food is good though, including that fresh durian. Mmm.

hey woah right down here mate - Ceduna is god's country.

I don’t experience summer. We only have 2 seasons in the Top End
Wet and dry.

I find the tropics are a great place to visit but I think that constant heat would wear me down if I were to live there. By the end of every summer I am looking forward to winter and by the end of every winter I am looking forward to summer. Do you ever get sick of the regularity of it? Or crave a cold rainy day so you can sit by the fire?

I find the tropics are a great place to visit but I think that constant heat would wear me down if I were to live there. By the end of every summer I am looking forward to winter and by the end of every winter I am looking forward to summer. Do you ever get sick of the regularity of it? Or crave a cold rainy day so you can sit by the fire?
I have never craved a “cold rainy day” by the fire
However I enjoy a log fire
I have been up here too long
I loath Sept onwards until the rains come. It’s those few months known as the silly season that would wear anyone down

Remove this Banner Ad

Back