Player Watch Harry Schoenberg - Ruptured Achilles

Remove this Banner Ad

Bickley utterly uncompromising, courageous to a fault and a huge ball winner when it was his job. Not sure I’d be comparing anyone to him yet.
If he's comparable to Bickley we have done very well with this pick. Sounds like a big win.

Very happy to take Harry here and still manage to jag Worrell at our next selection.

Can’t help wondering whether we preferred Schoenberg or Robertson though. Clearly us and Brisbane (among others) were trying to trade up to 22 for a reason.

Regardless, Schoenberg looks a can’t miss prospect with a great mix of skill, speed and ball-winning ability, and with the sudden improvement he’s shown in the last 12 months, who’s to say he can’t continue to improve at a sharp rate, vaulting him into the top 15 players to come out of this draft?

Tick ✔️

Day and Schoenberg were my two favourite SA boys with Gould not far behind.

Rarely makes a bad decision and is clean in close. Bit of a nugget as well with a burst of speed.

I'm a bit hesitant to say but I think he plays similar to Rowell (not as good). Can play early imo.

What impresses me is his willingness to work his backside off to achieve what he wants to.

He was next to nowhere this time last year, then has a huge year and finds himself on an AFL list.

We are gonna enjoy watching this kid play.

So in the championships he was 2nd for average disposals (behind Robertson), and 2nd for average contested possesions and clearnces (behind Green).

Loods like he has solid but not amazing speed too. Feeling quite confident he turns into a good AFL player actually, biggest concern is that he doesnt offer a major point of difference to our other mids?

Looks to have great acceleration in his first few steps even if he doesn't have express pace. We need more of that in our coalface midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bickley utterly uncompromising, courageous to a fault and a huge ball winner when it was his job. Not sure I’d be comparing anyone to him yet.

Gee as time passes things get a little bent out of shape dont they.

Bickley was a solid good player and a good captain but gee you've talked him up there.

How did he go on the agility testing? Seems to be able to change direction quickly to create space.

The way he does that reminds me a little of Judd (in mannerism only)

How did he go on the agility testing? Seems to be able to change direction quickly to create space.

The way he does that reminds me a little of Judd (in mannerism only)

Elite in the agility test from the reports I read

Elite in the agility test from the reports I read
Yeah he definitely has the ability to change direction at a decent speed. I just re-watched Judd highlights. He does same as Judd, but with less bursting away from the pack single-handedly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back