Player Watch Harry Schoenberg - Ruptured Achilles

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like he’s got a bit of puppy fat to lose, not sure what his endurance is like? But his highlights look sublime. Smooth moving and great decision making
Would have been funny if we appeased the FB army and picked Schoenberg and Gould. Both guys look about 10-15kg above your expected draft weight.

So in the championships he was 2nd for average disposals (behind Robertson), and 2nd for average contested possesions and clearnces (behind Green).

Loods like he has solid but not amazing speed too. Feeling quite confident he turns into a good AFL player actually, biggest concern is that he doesnt offer a major point of difference to our other mids?
He’s got a whole heap of power and initial speed so bursts out of stoppages

Think Brad before the injuries

For me his weakness is his kicking but it’s improving , they sure did find the best of them in those highlights but the ball drop isn’t natural

You’ll see ... but like Sloane the kick can be improved with hard work

For me his weakness is his kicking but it’s improving , they sure did find the best of them in those highlights but the ball drop isn’t natural

First player I thought of seeing Schoenberg was Luke Shuey

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kid himself agrees with you re Brad Crouch which a couple on here might not like to hear....

The 182cm Schoenberg’s style has been compared to Saint-turned-Cat Jack Steven, but he believes he plays a bit like new teammate Brad Crouch.

Very happy we landed him. Super balanced, clean, quick, tough, nice kick.

Finally got our version of Lachie Neale.
Was wondering who he might be compared to. Good if somewhere near Neale’s output.

Well Garry Ablett Junior and Nat Fyfe both have baby face / angelic face / dork face characteristics and they still turned out pretty good, so here's hoping.

There’s a certain look in the eye that midfielders get when they are always the best player in every team they play in. This kid has that look.

And what’s even more impressive is even with that trait, he was still able to cop criticism on his training habits and take it on board to get better.

I have a real good feeling about this kid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back