Player Watch Josh Worrell

Remove this Banner Ad

Did we just draft Fabio?
17-fabio-citizenship.w710.h473.2x-768x688.jpg

WGNTV-vid5138-in574372-out578093-5caa10e8-527913c2-LargeImage.jpg

Hey Mutineer can you explain why De Koning was considered a better prospect than Worrell?
Short answer : He wasn't by very many other than Geelong and Stephen Wells and given the Cats Ruck group I'd say that's what got him over the line with them with his extra height. Worrell is the far more impressive of the pair, way more athleticism and better skilled. As long as Worrell settles into the AFL system I think he has way more potential to be a "special" player than De Koning as I've heard he can be a a very "extroverted" character. I'm sure Hamish would know this so obviously they're confident it can be tempered.

Last edited:
Short answer : He wasn't by very many other than Geelong and Stephen Wells and given the Cats Ruck group I'd say that's what got him over the line with them with his extra height. Worrell is the far more impressive of the pair, way more athleticism and better skilled. As long as Worrell settles into the AFL system I think he has way more potential to be a "special" player than De Koning as I've heard he can be a a very "extrverted" character. I'm sure Hamish would know this so obviously they're confident it can be tempered.
Yeah his interview was interesting where he straight up refers to himself as a smart arse. Also that it took a bit to fix his attitude at training as a junior.

I guess admitting that stuff straight out is a good indication of recognition and rectification

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Short answer : He wasn't by very many other than Geelong and Stephen Wells and given the Cats Ruck group I'd say that's what got him over the line with them with his extra height. Worrell is the far more impressive of the pair, way more athleticism and better skilled. As long as Worrell settles into the AFL system I think he has way more potential to be a "special" player than De Koning as I've heard he can be a a very "extroverted" character. I'm sure Hamish would know this so obviously they're confident it can be tempered.

DeKoning is a much better pure kpd prospect than Worrell.
Worrell has some dash to him though.

Someone mentioned earlier that Worrell's brother in-law is on our recruiting team.... is that true? Does that mean Worrell's sister lives here in Adelaide or is our recruiting still based in Melbourne?

Someone mentioned earlier that Worrell's brother in-law is on our recruiting team.... is that true? Does that mean Worrell's sister lives here in Adelaide or is our recruiting still based in Melbourne?

Recruiting and List Management is based in Melbourne.

DeKoning is a much better pure kpd prospect than Worrell.
Worrell has some dash to him though.
Reckon Worrell has more X Factor and upside than De Koning, still very good overhead but really damaging kicking and rebounding, as well as better athleticism and run than De Koning and McAsey. AFL draft central summed it up well - 'kicks like a small, marks like a tall'. A really good compliment to McAsey, and a superb get at 28

Reckon Worrell has more X Factor and upside than De Koning, still very good overhead but really damaging kicking and rebounding, as well as better athleticism and run than De Koning and McAsey. AFL draft central summed it up well - 'kicks like a small, marks like a tall'. A really good compliment to McAsey, and a superb get at 28
In terms of pure kpd though, DeKoning is miles ahead.
Worrell will be fun to watch.

Hamish mentioned it in 1 of the interviews (SEN I think). Probably 1 of the Melbourne based recruiters ..?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back