Player Watch Ronin O'Connor - Delisted

What’s your opinion?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Needs to put on some size, but looks to have the sort of game we lost a bit of during trade period.

I'll have to look closer at some of the champs footage.

Don't mind him, wasn't in my top 50 but did consider him....he's got a lot of upside if he can develop some genuine ballwinning abiity because he will be a muscle monster in a couple of pre-seasons time. Has the genetics to be a bloody gorilla.
Oh yeah ?? That's good news.

Have watched some highlights, he moves very distinctly through traffic. In a very interesting fashion... he reminds me of the lizard getting chased by snakes in the Attenborough footage. The ball is somewhere and he just pushes and pushes and then he is there

Sounds like some people are disappointed with this pick, but I really like this sort of diamond in the rough type pick.

He will need to improve his outside game to make it, but if he can do it, as well add a bit of diversity to game, then he has the physical attributes to be a really damaging player.

Also for those wanted Rantall instead, he seems a bit too similar Schoenberg.

Have watched some highlights, he moves very distinctly through traffic. In a very interesting fashion... he reminds me of the lizard getting chased by snakes in the Attenborough footage. The ball is somewhere and he just pushes and pushes and then he is there

Looks like he could be handy down back from that footage .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Car chases are boring fillers in movies. Except Blues Brothers.

Usually but Ronin is worth your time. It’s an excellent movie done old school and DeNiro smashes it. Was the first thing I thought of when we drafted the guy.

They broke my watch!

Just letting you guys know, I know the family well and have been following Ronin’s progress over last few years. You guys have picked up the most mouldable player in the draft. He will do and learn anything the coach asks him to learn. He’s not a bolter at this pick trust me, you won’t be let down. Reasons his stats don’t look as expansive as other midfielders is he performs team first roles such as lock downs prior to actually trying to pad his stats. Great selection. GWS were extremely keen!

Usually but Ronin is worth your time. It’s an excellent movie done old school and DeNiro smashes it. Was the first thing I thought of when we drafted the guy.

They broke my watch!

Yeah, I love that movie. DeNiro and Reno are both awesome in it. Great old-school spy thriller / action movie.

Just letting you guys know, I know the family well and have been following Ronin’s progress over last few years. You guys have picked up the most mouldable player in the draft. He will do and learn anything the coach asks him to learn. He’s not a bolter at this pick trust me, you won’t be let down. Reasons his stats don’t look as expansive as other midfielders is he performs team first roles such as lock downs prior to actually trying to pad his stats. Great selection. GWS were extremely keen!

GWS interested you say?

Haha, there’s déjà vu for ya.

No project player ready to go next year I think

Hard to say, 191/87 is not out of the question at the end of preseason which is more than enough to breakthrough. That said, the big issue is he doesn't rack up the ball, and it may take a season to get up to scratch with that. A likely 2021 debut, but well, it's going to depend on the SANFL.

I can't imagine us leaving him out for long if the penny drops quickly in the 2s, due to the point of difference O'Connor offers.

They broke my watch!

I’ve watched it over 10 times. If I’m flicking through channels and it’s on, then it’s on. Love the movie, but I don’t really get into car chases unless they’re short and sharp.

Back