Golumless

I'm kind of a big deal on the east side
Jul 12, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Colorado Rockies.
10kg is a lot to gain in one year...trust me, I know
It's definitely pushing it, though, it's more 15 months, seeing he'd want to be 82-83 kg come round one next season if he wants to push for game time.

That said, it'd be made harder if Gollant was genuinely quick.

fortunatecrow

Debutant
Oct 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bryson DeChambeau gained 30 pounds in the offseason and is hitting bombs
December 6, 2019 2:04 pm

"Tiger Woods was criticized for transforming his body midway through his career and bulking up significantly, but Bryson DeChambeau believes that following the same path with not only help his game, but also prevent injuries.

DeChambeau revealed in early October that he planned to look “like a different person” in time for the 2019-2020 PGA Tour season. A few weeks later, DeChambeau – who stands 6-foot-1 – had already bulked up from 195 pounds to 220, and hoped to reach a target weight of 230."

betterthanu

Premiership Player
Nov 29, 2006
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bryson DeChambeau gained 30 pounds in the offseason and is hitting bombs
December 6, 2019 2:04 pm

"Tiger Woods was criticized for transforming his body midway through his career and bulking up significantly, but Bryson DeChambeau believes that following the same path with not only help his game, but also prevent injuries.

DeChambeau revealed in early October that he planned to look “like a different person” in time for the 2019-2020 PGA Tour season. A few weeks later, DeChambeau – who stands 6-foot-1 – had already bulked up from 195 pounds to 220, and hoped to reach a target weight of 230."

Cardio hurts gainz and Im sure the cardio regime is very different playing AFL compared to golf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Towely

Rookie
Jan 7, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
For those of you basing your opinions on the highlights package offered by the AFC, I suggest you download the NAB league app and watch the full set of highlights from each of his games played. This offers a much better insight into this kid’s abilities and provides a good 15 minutes of viewing during the footy vacuum over Xmas.

From what I can see, his overhead contested marking is a huge strength and for a 71kg frame he does extremely well, better than McAsey in my opinion. His kicking action is awkward and a little rough, but he has the same raw potential as someone like Doedee had when Hamish selected him out of the blue. He’s also a competitive player and isn’t afraid to lay a shepherd after giving the ball off. All good attributes if he can just add 20 kilos to his frame over the next three years.

Likewise you can watch all of the highlights from McAsey and Worrell on there. FWIW, I’m not super excited about McAsey, he’s a a touch too slow for my liking and has a very Ken McGregor feel about him. Best position may be up front as a tall leading forward, as I’m worried he’ll be caught behind his opponent too often in defence. He barely makes any contest whilst defending in those highlights on the NAB app, but what he does do is roll off his player well to intercept mark.

But who knows really :laughing:

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
For those of you basing your opinions on the highlights package offered by the AFC, I suggest you download the NAB league app and watch the full set of highlights from each of his games played. This offers a much better insight into this kid’s abilities and provides a good 15 minutes of viewing during the footy vacuum over Xmas.

From what I can see, his overhead contested marking is a huge strength and for a 71kg frame he does extremely well, better than McAsey in my opinion. His kicking action is awkward and a little rough, but he has the same raw potential as someone like Doedee had when Hamish selected him out of the blue. He’s also a competitive player and isn’t afraid to lay a shepherd after giving the ball off. All good attributes if he can just add 20 kilos to his frame over the next three years.

Likewise you can watch all of the highlights from McAsey and Worrell on there. FWIW, I’m not super excited about McAsey, he’s a a touch too slow for my liking and has a very Ken McGregor feel about him. Best position may be up front as a tall leading forward, as I’m worried he’ll be caught behind his opponent too often in defence. He barely makes any contest whilst defending in those highlights on the NAB app, but what he does do is roll off his player well to intercept mark.

But who knows really :laughing:
Mate, Gollant is way, way more out of the blue than Doedee.

Gollant was playing school footy for St. Bedes in the Calder Cannons zone and was only invited into their program mid way through the season where a lot of the lads spend 2 or 3 years in their program once they show promise at local junior level. And he never even made the Vic Metro original squad before the final cut. The only hint there was some interest in Gollant came when he got an invite to the Victorian State Combine

Doedee was always in the Geelong Falcons program even when he was concentrating on basketball and only playing the odd game of school footy for St. Joeys one of which I witnessed against St Pats where he played as a Forward. When in his draft year he gave up the basketball dream and decided to have a serious crack at footy he played well enough in defence for the Falcons to make the Vic Country squad eventually playing all 4 National Championships game for VC and doing particularly well as a lock down defender and was ultimately invited to the AFL National Combine. He had interviews with 14 AFL clubs in the run up to the draft which would indicate there was quite a bit of interest from clubs.....he was a certainty to get drafted the only thing out of the blue was where we picked him at but given we only used 2 picks the 1st on Milera he must have been top of Hamish's list when it came to our pick though if my memory serves that was after our bid on Harrison Himmelberg was matched.?

Top Bottom