Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
I laugh how pick 48 is now deemed a late pick. Plenty of picks in the 40 play early, we had Sloane and Gov.

And we aren’t even talking early, this guy is years away from playing. This has had to be a rookie selection or we move on.
That's what I was thinking, pick 48 is still a decent pick. A late pick would be something in the 60s or 70s.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Of course it’s the point, a highly rated skinny player you can be patient with, a player who is a speculative pick who will be 2-3 years before he has the necessary weight should be a rookie.
Why? Are you an expert in player development at an elite sporting club? I’m not either and don’t pretend to be, big difference to you.

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
I can make a case for Ronin O'Connor but Gollant is a real gobsmackerm if Hamish gets this one right I will NEVER question him again. Ever.

When you consider lads like Callum Park [ he is still available?] look to have as much or more development in them and they're local. I'm truly gobsmacked with this one. 48 is not what I consider a late pick/

I’m sure Hamish will be waiting with bated breath for your tick of approval.

We had chances to pick up SA lads with our picks and we didn’t, and out of all the players in the Draft, Hamish/Binuk would know their capabilities down to a tee. We clearly saw something in those other kids, and Hamish always seems to find a diamond in the rough at the back of the draft (only 65 picks taken which makes it’s back end!)

I think our drafting really needs to be looked at over this year and next. Obviously takes a little longer to develop those KPP’s, which was the priority going into this years draft, and will hopefully tie in with some more speed and midfield strength in our selections next year.

Exciting times ahead

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Houston

Premiership Player
Feb 3, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
All I'm gonna say is GWS had shown interest in Lachie prior to you guys showing interest. He tore a school footy grand final up for Essendon Grammar and got best on ground. That's when he caught Adelaide's eye and then went back to Calder and nearly won the b&f there.

He was going to play school soccer in a lower team before the year starting to focus on studies before the school footy coach convinced him to play school footy and then Calder picked him up when they saw a few of his school footy games. Adelaide must think there is so much upside with how raw he is.

He is a kid which high character and unbelievably smart as well.

If you don't believe me, thats fine. Good luck in 2020 :thumbsu:
Appreciate the info mate. Don't mind the debbie downers, we're just a bit of a sad lot :D

ShadeyP

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
All I'm gonna say is GWS had shown interest in Lachie prior to you guys showing interest. He tore a school footy grand final up for Essendon Grammar and got best on ground. That's when he caught Adelaide's eye and then went back to Calder and nearly won the b&f there.

He was going to play school soccer in a lower team before the year starting to focus on studies before the school footy coach convinced him to play school footy and then Calder picked him up when they saw a few of his school footy games. Adelaide must think there is so much upside with how raw he is.

He is a kid which high character and unbelievably smart as well.

If you don't believe me, thats fine. Good luck in 2020 :thumbsu:
Sorry but nearly won the B&F at Calder is absolute HORSESHIT !!! not in their best 6 once , not once .

Brett Cummings

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’m sure Hamish will be waiting with bated breath for your tick of approval.

We had chances to pick up SA lads with our picks and we didn’t, and out of all the players in the Draft, Hamish/Binuk would know their capabilities down to a tee. We clearly saw something in those other kids, and Hamish always seems to find a diamond in the rough at the back of the draft (only 65 picks taken which makes it’s back end!)

I think our drafting really needs to be looked at over this year and next. Obviously takes a little longer to develop those KPP’s, which was the priority going into this years draft, and will hopefully tie in with some more speed and midfield strength in our selections next year.

Exciting times ahead

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
schoenberg is south australian.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why? Are you an expert in player development at an elite sporting club? I’m not either and don’t pretend to be, big difference to you.
And here you go, you just can’t let it go can you? No matter what poxy cliche comebacks you come back with, you’re not changing my opinion, I thought I made that clear

Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, Gold City, Knights
If Hamish has been on this guy for half a year I’m on board. Obviously sees something in him that could be developed. Do remember now that the Crows box were very cheekily smiling all round before the pick was announced, so they probably know he’s an unknown but are very pleased with the pick

Give it your all, Lachie

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pick 48 is a mid third round pick, a mid range pick overall, on no level is that a late pick. If that’s a late pick, what’s 63 we used on Scholl? A really really late pick? Or how about the pick 80 odd on Atkins?

Jack Graham played in a flag after going 53. There are plenty of examples.

He’s 191 and 73kgs, unless he is going on the roids he ain’t getting to AFL playing weight for years, if at all.
If he goes on the Will Gould program he will be AFL playing weight by christmas.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why not just thank the guy for his info instead of questioning it? This is a guy giving us first hand info about a player none of us have ever seen play.
Oh FFS, because I don’t think it’s accurate, that’s pretty clear isn’t it?

Doesn't look even close to a 3.15ms 20m sprint in that footage. Looks actually of a decent pace, quicker than your CEY 191cm types.

Hard to assess his disposal because they cut off literally every possession but his highlights were good attack on the ball, decent in the air, and a tackle.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
Oh FFS, because I don’t think it’s accurate, that’s pretty clear isn’t it?
A bloke commenting on his games at school level is making stuff up? Believe it or not, but clubs do give reassurances to players that if they’re still there by a certain pick on draft night they’ll select them. He clearly got that reassurance from two clubs, and Hamish must have got a whiff that GWS rated him at a similar draft range so pounced before them.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I know I won’t, but it’s fun seeing you try and shift the goal posts each time
As fun as you stating pick 48 is a late pick? Or that a pick in the 40s isn’t expected to play for a few years?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
A bloke commenting on his games at school level is making stuff up? Believe it or not, but clubs do give reassurances to players that if they’re still there by a certain pick on draft night they’ll select them. He clearly got that reassurance from two clubs, and Hamish must have got a whiff that GWS rated him at a similar draft range so pounced before them.
How many times have I explained this to you?

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide
As fun as you stating pick 48 is a late pick? Or that a pick in the 40s isn’t expected to play for a few years?
Never said that all pick 40s don’t play for a few years, as I will say for the third time it’s the exception rather than the rule that they will play early and have a long career.

When the draft only goes to about pick 60, how is pick 48 anything other than late?

If he goes on the Will Gould program he will be AFL playing weight by christmas.

A three piece feed and a six pack of beers after each training session should do it.

Genuinely puzzled why you are making such a fuss over this pick.

Players taken after pick 40 rarely make it. In the 30 picks generally taken after this point in the main draft, less than five typically amount to anything. There are rare exceptions like Sloane, Parker and Neale but these are exceptionally rare.

On top of that, there weren't many players taken after this that looked any good. Most were extremely speculative, and on top of that this was a shorter than usual draft with only 65 picks, indicating below average late depth. In fact in 2018 and 2017 there were more than 75 picks taken

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Quite a few highlights of him on the NAB League app.

Interesting player; positionally stays very outside, seems to be a wing/half-back, built like a twig, kicks nicely, right-footed but happy to use his left whenever it suits and seems solid with it, strong hands in the air and courageous, fine with getting his hands dirty and tackling hard whenever he’s drawn into the contest, clean hands, not at all slow but no express pace.

I’m stunned we didn’t take Taheny but this guy will be fun to watch.

Back