Player Watch Lachlan Gollant - Contract Extension to 2024

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Hey guys, I do come in peace.

I was able to watch a fair few Nab league games which featured a few CC games. I must admit I am quite shocked he was drafted. I thought rookie list at best perhaps or maybe another year in the NAB league as an overage player.

I did see that maybe he was spotted during school footy games and that's where the interest might have popped up. He's very skinny, but definitely has some tools that in a full time AFL environment could turn him into a tall wingman/running HB. Extremely raw and will need a good 12 to 18 months of good development which is why these are the picks that can turn into gold if he develops well and plays good regular senior footy in the future.

At this pick I had you guys looking at maybe Cam Tahney, Josh Honey or even a Jake Riccardi.

All the best for next year.
Josh Honey ewwww, he's a dead set ball burner.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Josh Honey ewwww, he's a dead set ball burner.
The 2 games I watched him play his ball use fine.

184cm midfielder forward who's breakaway speed from stoppage was on show and has a good long penetrating kick.
In one game I watched him against the devils he had 26 disposals and kicked 2 goals.

I thought he would have suited Adelaide at this pick.

Either way, I think you have to be really patient with Gollant.

21knights

Team Captain
Apr 10, 2007
Maroochydore
AFL Club
Adelaide
you know i respect your opinions more than most on here, but respectfully disagree with you here.

are we even in rebuild phase? our top 12 players are absolutely elite. wouldn't surprise me if we played finals next season.

We have twelve players that are "absolutely elite"? I'm not sure we even have one player that is absolutely elite.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CHIRGWIN-Darcy.jpg

Is it just me, or does he look like a lesbian?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.
That very much looks like Darcy Chirgwin to me not Lachie Gollant unless my eyes are playing tricks?

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Looks like Reilly O'Brien might have some competition on the "intelligence" front, according to Lachlan's Calder Cannons Coach he's a 98 - 99 ATAR type of student, I'm not too sure about his prowess on the footy field just yet but it sounds like he's one smart cookie.

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is F1 and F2 busy today?

Did you hear the SEN interview with Hamish when asked if we let Stephens slip through our fingers and responded “No, we always expected to take McAsey with our first pick“.

So.....

1) Two weeks ago almost all the experts expected that we would take Flanders with Pick 4.

2) Over the last two weeks McAsey’s name was increasingly linked with Adelaide.

3) We then moved from Pick 4 to Pick 6 when it was agreed by the “draft experts“ that Sydney would be taking a midfielder (like errr Stephens) and Melbourne would be picking up Jackson.

4) As the Draft approached the “experts” were all in agreement that Freo would be taking Young and Serong.

5) The “experts” were also predicting that Carlton would be taking Stephens with Pick 9.

6) On the morning of day one of the draft the rumours emerged that Adelaide and Carlton were discussing a swap of picks 6 and 9.

7) Once Stephens was taken by Sydney the pick swap died.

The obvious conclusion in Faithworld is that Adelaide were desperate to take Stephens?????
We also wanted to take Gould before Shoenberg, Rantall before Worrell and Taheny before Gollent.

You made a dick of yourself by declaring endlessly that we wouldn’t use pick 6 on McAsey. Drop your pants, do a quick lap of the pool table and then STFU.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Anyone that wants to get a good look at what we've got in Lachlan this is one of his better games, named 3rd best for the Cannons....#43 white jerseys, plays on the wing. Game starts at the 35 minute mark so the fast forward button is required.

kulak

Premiership Player
May 16, 2006
Sydney!!!
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
GWS
Looks like Reilly O'Brien might have some competition on the "intelligence" front, according to Lachlan's Calder Cannons Coach he's a 98 - 99 ATAR type of student, I'm not too sure about his prowess on the footy field just yet but it sounds like he's one smart cookie.
Finally, someone who can count backwards from 100

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is F1 and F2 busy today?

Did you hear the SEN interview with Hamish when asked if we let Stephens slip through our fingers and responded “No, we always expected to take McAsey with our first pick“.

So.....

1) Two weeks ago almost all the experts expected that we would take Flanders with Pick 4.

2) Over the last two weeks McAsey’s name was increasingly linked with Adelaide.

3) We then moved from Pick 4 to Pick 6 when it was agreed by the “draft experts“ that Sydney would be taking a midfielder (like errr Stephens) and Melbourne would be picking up Jackson.

4) As the Draft approached the “experts” were all in agreement that Freo would be taking Young and Serong.

5) The “experts” were also predicting that Carlton would be taking Stephens with Pick 9.

6) On the morning of day one of the draft the rumours emerged that Adelaide and Carlton were discussing a swap of picks 6 and 9.

7) Once Stephens was taken by Sydney the pick swap died.

The obvious conclusion in Faithworld is that Adelaide were desperate to take Stephens?????
We also wanted to take Gould before Shoenberg, Rantall before Worrell and Taheny before Gollent.

You made a dick of yourself by declaring endlessly that we wouldn’t use pick 6 on McAsey. Drop your pants, do a quick lap of the pool table and then STFU.
Be careful, he has a new bestie, Wayne will be on to you.

You should ask Faith while you are at it, that despite insisting Geelong were desperate to trade up to get Flanders when he was considered a top 5 pick, why they did * all when he was available at 11.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
i have no doubt Hamish was clueless like everyone til 48 hours out.

look at his interview the day before the draft on afl site, he said Swans pick is really unknown which way they go.

As i said, its done now. We move on.
If it was unknown then that means we'd of considered there'd be a chance they'd take Stephens, so we'd of considered that option and been fine with not picking him.

LiamPickering

All Australian
Sep 24, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Anyone that wants to get a good look at what we've got in Lachlan this is one of his better games, named 3rd best for the Cannons....#43 white jerseys, plays on the wing. Game starts at the 35 minute mark so the fast forward button is required.

Hey, can you link to the best games to watch McAsey and/or Worrell?

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Hey, can you link to the best games to watch McAsey and/or Worrell?
Probably the best games to watch are the U18's Championship games where it's best on best of this year's draftees and they can be found on the AFL website but you would want to get in quick because I'm not sure how long they'll leave them up.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ve never said GWS didn’t show interest, but to state categorically a player will he picked up at a certain pick just doesn’t happen.

there could have been a player they rated 20 spots higher at that pick. At best they could tell a player that they’re looking to take them with a certain pick but that would be conditional on their talent order largely being extinguished as expected. But if a higher rated player is still available at that pick then that’s the kid they go with.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
there could have been a player they rated 20 spots higher at that pick. At best they could tell a player that they’re looking to take them with a certain pick but that would be conditional on their talent order largely being extinguished as expected. But if a higher rated player is still available at that pick then that’s the kid they go with.
Exactly. I can’t believe I even had to argue it, as it turns out Hamish picked him based on him improving his draft ranking in 2020. Still waiting for BACCS to acknowledge he erred carrying on

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
All evidence suggests that we did - given that we willingly traded down from 4 to 6. Hamish would have had a very good idea who Sydney wanted, so he would have known that Stephens was unlikely to be available at #6 - and yet he did the trade anyway.

All evidence suggests that Hamish rated McAsey ahead of Stephens.

You have no evidence other than your personal opinions, which is not evidence.

Hamish may have rated Stephens higher than McAsey, just not higher enough to knock back a late 1st rounder.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It really doesn't matter whether he thought they would pick Flanders or Stephens. What matters is that he knew they weren't interested in McAsey, who was our draft target. Knowing that, he knew it was safe to trade down from #4 to #6, knowing that he'd still be getting the same player.

What both Reid and Ogilvie actually said before the draft was that after the first couple there’s a bunch that they rate very closely and will be happy with any of them. We pick up a free pick and grab whoever is highest among a bunch that we could barely split. Nothing suggesting that McAsey was an actual target, not the trade, not the comments from Reid and Ogilvie separately and nothing that happened on draft night. He was the highest left on our list when it came, that is all.

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
It has finally happened

Lachlan Gollant holds a rare distinction, the only one in our club. He is the first. Can you guess what it is?

He's our first player born post-9/11... by one day. Our first draftee who's never known anything but a government at war.

Back