Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
This thread is a laugh.

Rebuild 101. You draft the talls first. McAsey is a lock for as long as we can make him stay at the club. Anyone expecting a 19 year old to tear it up after his first preseason is delusional. To paraphrase Phil Walsh, we need to get 50 games into him ASAP. I think he'll be the best KPD the club has ever had.

That is a hell of a claim, we've had some very good KPDs over the years.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
But then last game against Melbourne he was reading the ball really well in the first half and took 2 or 3 intercept marks.
His marking is elite.

Useful at both ends.

I still think a better forward though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

BringbackWebb

Debutant
May 30, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
His marking is elite.

Useful at both ends.

I still think a better forward though.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Right now the club has an opportunity in his development with Tom Doedee out for the rest of the season to play Fischer as that intercept 3rd tall role and hopefully not have to wrestle monsters as he has been forced to do in key roles so far!

Nov 28, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LIVFC
that run through the middle and kick to no one in the pocket was concerning

and sure he is on a hiding to nothing being a top #6 KPP pick playing in his first season for the winless bottom side, but still...

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
5 games to go. Been a tough year for everyone for lots of reasons. Get another PS into the kids and hope for some improvement next year.

It’s concerning that none of our 1st round picks from 17,18 or 19 get any kind of a tick this season, but we have to keep investing in development. To that end our coaching must be bolstered in the off season

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
5 games to go. Been a tough year for everyone for lots of reasons. Get another PS into the kids and hope for some improvement next year.

It’s concerning that none of our 1st round picks from 17,18 or 19 get any kind of a tick this season, but we have to keep investing in development. To that end our coaching must be bolstered in the off season
What use is another preseason when they all seem to end up less fit than the prior year!
It’s like we uncondition our players over time

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

“Hope is a dangerous thing,can drive a man insane “

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide

Whats' even more concerning is that none of our 1st round picks from 2011 to 2019 get any kind of tick this season

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What use is another preseason when they all seem to end up less fit than the prior year!
It’s like we uncondition our players over time
Whats' even more concerning is that none of our 1st round picks from 2011 to 2019 get any kind of tick this season
2016 injured.
2015 both injured although I’d still tick off Tom
2014 gone
2013 nil
2012 nil
2011 - can’t remember who we picked.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
In 2011 we got Brad Crouch in the mini draft from GWS
But it is still a pretty depressing list of what our 1st round picks have done this year
Yeah... I’m especially disappointed with Jones and McHenry. 2018 a critical draft to nail.

Fingers crossed they can get it together next year.

Jun 17, 2008
East Falafel Town
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Yeah... I’m especially disappointed with Jones and McHenry. 2018 a critical draft to nail.

Fingers crossed they can get it together next year.
Jones has some elite tools (speed and kicking - also hard at it). He put some weight on in the pre-season but has not progressed and next year is make or break IMO. McHenry has shown nothing.

Fish looks like a Luko type. Needs to build his confidence and then let's see.

FantasticShirt

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2010
Melbourne + Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
This thread is a laugh.

Rebuild 101. You draft the talls first. McAsey is a lock for as long as we can make him stay at the club. Anyone expecting a 19 year old to tear it up after his first preseason is delusional. To paraphrase Phil Walsh, we need to get 50 games into him ASAP. I think he'll be the best KPD the club has ever had.

“Best KPD the club has ever had”. Wow.

Not impossible at the moment. He's holding up alright as a 1st year KPD in a side that's getting slaughtered week in week out. Especially considering we've truly done everything in our power to make him fail (no consistency position wise, s**t side etc) he doing well.

Long way to go though, especially as the bar for a generational KPD is higher now then it was 20-30 years ago.

Sep 8, 2008
Pacific Northwest
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Seattle Seahawks

It's just an opinion. But I see signs of a player as smart as Phil Davis with a bit more natural ability and strength - a player, unlike Davis, good enough to play as a KPF. He's 197/91 and still growing. He was Vic Metro's MVP in a side that included Matt Rowell.

It's very early days and who'd be a defender in our side at the moment. But the green shoots are there with McAsey.

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
It's just an opinion. But I see signs of a player as smart as Phil Davis with a bit more natural ability and strength - a player, unlike Davis, good enough to play as a KPF. He's 197/91 and still growing. He was Vic Metro's MVP in a side that included Matt Rowell.

It's very early days and who'd be a defender in our side at the moment. But the green shoots are there with McAsey.

He seems so slow; that’s what worries me the most.

He seems so slow; that’s what worries me the most.

You don't need to be quick to be a KPD. If he's smart enough and good enough in the air, he'll survive and thrive despite it.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
Jones has some elite tools (speed and kicking - also hard at it). He put some weight on in the pre-season but has not progressed and next year is make or break IMO. McHenry has shown nothing.

Fish looks like a Luko type. Needs to build his confidence and then let's see.

Walmart Luko

Back