Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I still can't get over Tredrea's comments. He's coming out with McAsey is leaving because Port players told him Crows players said some nasty things about him during a game.

Actually, thats over-exaggerating it. Tredrea's words:

There was an incident I’m hearing in the trial game that Port played – the first one at Alberton Oval – where there was some discussion from Crows players back towards Fischer that pricked the ears of some Port Adelaide payers. I think it was probably a bit harsh…

Is he for real? I'm watching the Amazon doco at the moment. Every 5 minutes there's a player being "a bit harsh" on a team mate. And it "pricked the ears of some Port Adelaide players", did it? We got thumped. Every player should be having harsh words. I would hope the Port players had some harsh words to Hamish Hartless for costing them a GF spot with his deliberate out of bounds. I am sure Rozee's words were not kind and polite when he saw Duursma drop a sitter and screw up a certain goal in that game as well.
Probably anything McAsey did doesn't compare to these two situations.

What I’ve heard is that we kept approaching McAsey with a contract to the point where Fischer’s dad called the club to tell the club to stop offering the contract because he won’t be signing it and will not be at the club next year.

The worst part of all of this is we knew he didn’t want to come to the club in the first place but we drafted him anyway. We have overcompensated by drafting SA players in the 2020 draft. Hopefully, we haven’t picked inferior players because of the go home factor.
Bullshit, he would have been extremely lucky to get someone at the club to answer the phone.

From someone who is well connected to a player. This has been going on for months but was only picked up by the media yesterday.

so let’s put this into some perspective.

McAsey’s dad rings the club and speaks up John Olsen or Justin Reid. He tells them he is leaving. This seems legitimate. I can somehow comprehend that.

now, are you honestly saying Justin Reid or John Olsen are that unprofessional that they then go atell this information to a random player on the Crows list?

Are you honestly going there?

Not on your life is this accurate.

He has no currency now.

A KPD is not worth a trade till three or four years in.

Any trade this year will see him go via PD or a token trade (most likely swap)of late picks.

A two year extension is the better outcome.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
So we can waste another 2 years on someone instead of say fast tracking Worrell or Borlaise?

Id rather cut our losses and rip the band aid off so we can move forward.

Man, that’s some good sh*t you got

what’s he been right about?

That's the spirit!

Fantasia and Nicks i've seen that he nailed.

You've stated "stupid claims all over the place in volume, none of them right", RE Trig13.

Ok... let's have them. What's he been wrong about? The claims are all over the place and in volume... should be pretty easy to list them all yeah?

I heard Fischer McAsey's dad sent Justin Reid a horse head in the mail after we offered him a long term contract. The terms of the deal were so insulting the only option was a horse head response. He was apparently utterly disgusted, beyond belief. Heard this from my brother's wife's cousin who is mates with Fischer's dad's pool cleaner

What I’ve heard is that we kept approaching McAsey with a contract to the point where Fischer’s dad called the club to tell the club to stop offering the contract because he won’t be signing it and will not be at the club next year.

The worst part of all of this is we knew he didn’t want to come to the club in the first place but we drafted him anyway. We have overcompensated by drafting SA players in the 2020 draft. Hopefully, we haven’t picked inferior players because of the go home factor.
Rs1Azcr.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing you can almost grantee,
When (opinion only) McAsey signs on for 2-3 years within a week all talk in the media will be about Crouch, then Talia.

On paper it's actually a very good draft
Does alright with the late picks does Hamish.

I feel like I've been saying for years we need someone to take the early picks and let Hamish do his magic on the left overs.

I don't think you can over invest in talent recruitment. It's far more important than coaching. Just look at the neighbours.

I feel like I've been saying for years we need someone to take the early picks and let Hamish do his magic on the left overs.

I don't think you can over invest in talent recruitment. It's far more important than coaching. Just look at the neighbours.
He is still doing his job, would the early pick develop into better players than his late picks if the late picks didn't have more opportunity and you can only fill 22 players? Probably not.

I share this opinion too but Ogilvie will just walk to another club if we demote him. Im sure Noble over at North would snap him up pretty quickly.

Back