Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It was good McAsey got some games in last year. Give him a year in the SANFL, unless his performance demands him play AFL. A KP in his 2nd year - give him time. If he leaves, well we can’t do much about that except get a good return, which should be possible if he’s heading back to Victoria and multiple clubs are interested.

Sadly, players pick a club, and then we are dealt a s**t sandwich at the trade table. It would be great if players could only pick the state they wanted to go to, then there could be a bidding war for the player. Unfortunately, that is not the case and the team the player picks can then go "well, we have pick 40 that you can have for him"...much like what we did to GWS last year. McAsey does not have the runs on the board for us to get a good return.

Sadly, players pick a club, and then we are dealt a sh*t sandwich at the trade table. It would be great if players could only pick the state they wanted to go to, then there could be a bidding war for the player. Unfortunately, that is not the case and the team the player picks can then go "well, we have pick 40 that you can have for him"...much like what we did to GWS last year. McAsey does not have the runs on the board for us to get a good return.
The only way it might work out ok is if he decides to go and picks the bulldogs or st kilda and wont deal with any other club. Both these sides should be top 8 sides and the psd threat is somewhat mitigated and then we might get something reasonable back. But id rather he stays and gets better here

Sadly, players pick a club, and then we are dealt a sh*t sandwich at the trade table. It would be great if players could only pick the state they wanted to go to, then there could be a bidding war for the player. Unfortunately, that is not the case and the team the player picks can then go "well, we have pick 40 that you can have for him"...much like what we did to GWS last year. McAsey does not have the runs on the board for us to get a good return.

McAsey has a fair few runs on the board at the moment due to where he was drafted. Unless we're stuck in a situation where the team wanting Fish is below us on the table.

If that occurs, the amount we'll get plummets. We don't get away with our Hately shenanigans if we didn't finish below GWS.

Jesus a lot of people clueless people here virtually writing off a developing KPD youngster who lobbed at a club at the height of Covid 19 where SANFL was not an option and was forced to play AFL obviously before he was ready. Hell, he's still yet to play any SANFL in 2021 but hey let's run the line through him already. Patience people at least give the poor bugger a season that has some semblance of normality.

Jesus a lot of people clueless people here virtually writing off a developing KPD youngster who lobbed at a club at the height of Covid 19 where SANFL was not an option and was forced to play AFL obviously before he was ready. Hell, he's still yet to play any SANFL in 2021 but hey let's run the line through him already. Patience people at least give the poor bugger a season that has some semblance of normality.
This is all true.

Unfortunately, if he leaves at the end of this year his trade value is heavily discounted due to the time it takes to develop a KPD, compounded with no Reserves Footy in first year.

We will be getting a third rounder for him, or even nothing if PSD is used.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Butts is 21, he was drafted in the same year as Fischer but 2 years older as he didn't get drafted.
Butts has also had the ideal development for a KPD.

Time in SANFL to learn his craft, and build confidence to dominate a forward. Go for marks over spoils, get into an attacking body position etc. We saw that against Hawkins.

Talia had a similar development path.

McAsey has been thrown into AFL. Trying to survive and not be smashed. It is a very tough gig for a 18/19 year old.

He should have been playing more forward, a bit easier, in the absence of Reserves Footy.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Weitering was gifted games in 2016/17 and he didn't set the house on fire. He actually got dropped in 2018 and played a career season low 14 games. 2019 was ok and 2020 he was a beast and won the club BNF.

5 Seasons to solidify himself as a good/potential elite KPB.
I accept this ...give him time like say 3-5 years to develop. Our problem is that we may not have that amount of time before he wants to go home. Now Fog is different we should have the luxury of taking 5 years but it will be interesting to see what happens with Fog. Right now there is not a lot of confidence (at least from the supporters) about his development.

I can understand your comment if the issue is that he is developing slowly, which he appears to be doing. As I see it there appears to be a degree of negativity that is coming from him. He appears downcast, not happy with what he is doing and we are reading from his facial expression that as he is simply disinterested with being at the Crows. So people are jumping on to that not so much his slow development. At a time when most appear to be ready to sign on to a extended contract he seems to be less enthusiastic. I will wait and see but at this stage I think he wants to leave. Hopefully I am wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can understand your comment if the issue is that he is developing slowly, which he appears to be doing. As I see it there appears to be a degree of negativity that is coming from him. He appears downcast, not happy with what he is doing and we are reading from his facial expression that as he is simply disinterested with being at the Crows. So people are jumping on to that not so much his slow development. At a time when most appear to be ready to sign on to a extended contract he seems to be less enthusiastic. I will wait and see but at this stage I think he wants to leave. Hopefully I am wrong.
And you've worked all that out from 2,000km away, do you and others have Allan Pease like body language skills?

Do we know for certain that's not just Fischer's day to day mannerisms and how he carries himself?

He may very well be unhappy with his lot at the Adelaide Crows but none of us know that or where his contract discussions are currently and I daresay none of the media that are running with these "rumours" know definitively either.

I remember similar rumours do the rounds of Big Footy that Josh Worrell was ready to scarper too...that went well.

And by the way he looked pretty pleased with the result when the cameras panned onto the players box following the Crows win on the weekend.

And you've worked all that out from 2,000km away, do you and others have Allan Pease like body language skills?

Do we know for certain that's not just Fischer's day to day mannerisms and how he carries himself?

He may very well be unhappy with his lot at the Adelaide Crows but none of us know that or where his contract discussions are currently and I daresay none of the media that are running with these "rumours" know definitively either.

I remember similar rumours do the rounds of Big Footy that Josh Worrell was ready to scarper too...that went well.

And by the way he looked pretty pleased with the result when the cameras panned onto the players box following the Crows win on the weekend.
You dont have to be a smart arse nor in my face.

You have an opinion and your not backwards in expressing it. I have one as well and whilst I maybe in Qld and I dont have Allan Pease's skills (who ever he is) from what I have seen on videos and the TV his face hasnt looked like he is enjoying himself. Mix in other peoples comments (not all but some) and also our history of losing interstate players then I cant help but get concerned.

As I said I dont have it in for McAsey but I am concerned that he might be heading in the same direction as other Vic based players. Perhaps when our club can demonstrate that we are an attractive option for interstate players then I might start to feel a little bit more confident. Hopefully our recent changes are just the beginning of a new environment.

Maybe he's an introvert.

I think that the emergence of Butts and now Murray, show that we got this Pick 6 wrong. I don't know if Fischer will eventually develop as we hoped, but shows we should have picked a high class midfielder at 6. Backman ('Backpeople'?) can be found in all sorts of places.

I think that the emergence of Butts and now Murray, show that we got this Pick 6 wrong. I don't know if Fischer will eventually develop as we hoped, but shows we should have picked a high class midfielder at 6. Backman ('Backpeople'?) can be found in all sorts of places.
The emergence of Butts and Murray?

Butts is 3 games into an AFL career and Murray is yet to debut?

Hmmm...

Murray wasn't even on our list when we drafted Fischer and Jordan's breakout game against Hawkins is only days old.

So at the time we drafted Fischer an aging Talia and Hartigan were it for our KPD stock unless you were certain Butts could measure up as an AFL quality KPD.

The emergence of Butts and Murray?

Butts is 3 games into an AFL career and Murray is yet to debut?

Hmmm...

Murray wasn't even on our list when we drafted Fischer and Jordan's breakout game against Hawkins is only days old.

So at the time we drafted Fischer an aging Talia and Hartigan were it for our KPD stock unless you were certain Butts could measure up as an AFL quality KPD.
I don't think he's saying we shouldn't have picked another Key position, just that spending pick 6 on someone you could quite easily cover with a later/rookie pick. spend the currency on a midfielder.

I don't think he's saying we shouldn't have picked another Key position, just that spending pick 6 on someone you could quite easily cover with a later/rookie pick. spend the currency on a midfielder.
And who might that other KPD prospect be that was available to us in the 2019 National or Rookie draft after list management obviously saw a need for an aging Daniel Talia replacement to develop?

And who might that other KPD prospect be that was available to us in the 2019 National or Rookie draft after list management obviously saw a need for an aging Daniel Talia?
Ask them, i'm just interpreting what they wrote, for you.
But why couldn't we draft someone last draft?
We haven't needed fisher yet.

Ask them, i'm just interpreting what they wrote, for you.
But why couldn't we draft someone last draft?
We haven't needed fisher yet.
Actually we have needed Fischer with Hartigan gone and Talia still unavailable but unfortunately McAsey's development isn't there at present, Covid 19 certainly hasn't helped there.

Actually we have needed Fischer with Hartigan gone and Talia still unavailable but unfortunately McAsey's development isn't there at present, Covid 19 certainly hasn't helped there.
The point is we could and are using Murray and not Fischer, we could be blooding a gun mid (pick 6) and using Murray.

Back