Welcome 2019 Draft Pick #6 - Fischer "Z" McAsey

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Others have said this but McAsey moves more like a natural forward in the footage I've seen. Looks impressive on the lead. Maybe that's why he went as high in the draft as he did.
One thing I haven't given Fish enough credit for is his long kicking. I remember him kicking a goal on the move from just outside 50 in his pre-draft vid and thought, wow, that was a good kick.

But then on the weekend he slotted a set shot from well outside 50 and it went through post high, which is a MUCH bigger kick. The kid's got a cannon on him!

James_37

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
So listening to VB on SEN he said that the plan will be to continue playing McAsey forward in the SANFL toward the backend of the season. Surely at some point we have to pick an end and stick to it right? Like if he is ever going to actually play AFL again then he shouldn't really be used as a swingman, no? I don't get it. Someone change my mind because it's baffling to me. If they want to play Frampton down back in the SANFL to give him a last chance at AFL footy that's fine but why wouldn't Fish be promoted or, in the case of Frampton being promoted, continued to be played down back.

We did pick an end and stick to it, we picked defence and he's played defence all year. Problem is he is well on his way to looking like a bust as such, especially given the price we paid. I think that's a fair example of picking an end and sticking, only he's not progressing, has been overtaken by Butts, Murray, Worrell and now even Frampton.

We're now choosing to trial him forward and are going to give him a reasonable run of games in that position to see what he can show. End of the day its got little to do with Frampton and more to do with McAsey struggling in his development as a defender.

I have no issues with this if we actually give the player a good run of games in a certain position. The issue is when he's playing forward one week, back the next, then forward for a half, back for a couple of weeks, then forward again...

Mutineer

Premium Platinum
Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The mighty Panthers, GWV Rebels, Be
Good that it's private. Next step is delete.
Why, it tell us a lot of what the lad's been going through on personal level the last couple of years and goes a long way to explain his on field performances IMO. Good on him for putting it out there and I'm hopeful we might finally see him realise the potential he showed as junior. It certainly gives me more confidence that he's on the right track now.

Geoffa32

TheBrownDog
Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Why, it tell us a lot of what the lad's been going through on personal level the last couple of years and goes a long way to explain his on field performances IMO. Good on him for putting it out there and I'm hopeful we might finally see him realise the potential he showed as junior. It certainly gives me more confidence that he's on the right track now.
Agree, hope that "cleansing" (although I haven't seen it) helps and he takes off.

The natural talent and Footy Smarts are there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

StonesThrow

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Instagram adds another significant layer to the modem day burden on mental health. Society would be much better off without it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I have friends on social media who have battled with mental health issues and they're constantly posting about how great they're going, how they've turned things around, inspirational quotes etc.

In some cases seeing them in person very soon after and they aren't as chipper as they've projected online. Seems like a bit of a facade. Who are they trying to convince?

Is it a mind over matter/ positive thinking strategy?

Just seems to be a temporary "up moment" that mirrors their bad moments. Hope he's ok

Golumless

A bigger deal out west.
Jul 12, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Newcastle, Rockies, Oceanics
In a year..
Hopefully..
Bit to his game..

He's not an AFL level player.

Every kid, whether AFL player or not, had the same words used on them before it's decided.

And players have recovered from a tough 2nd year before, as much as the situation has become harder for Fish.

ad victoriam

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Not a star ? He's not even a water boy mate

If he gets his sh*t together he will be a Star, He has a bit more football about him than Butts, who is a very good defender. If I remember correctly there were a few on here knocking Butts as well.
Just need to watch MacAsey's SANFL games and how he positions himself, where he runs to, to see how good he reads the game I liken him to Doedee in his early years a lot of supporters were righting him off as well

earlsta

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
76ers
One of my good mates dads coached Fisher as a junior for a few years, used to play VFL & is a hardcore crows supporter too. Maintains that Fisher is a gun and wasn’t sure what happened to him, either way he’s still very young and obviously some key talls take time to develop.