Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No parent has to be flipping cartwheels at their kid moving interstate to show they are happy.

If that was Mrs PJ and herlittle baby was plucked out of home like that she would be immensely proud and happy while at the same time looking devastated at him moving away.

The reality is that some will stay and some will go so you just gotta keep reeling in the talent

No parent has to be flipping cartwheels at their kid moving interstate to show they are happy.

If that was Mrs PJ and herlittle baby was plucked out of home like that she would be immensely proud and happy while at the same time looking devastated at him moving away.

The reality is that some will stay and some will go so you just gotta keep reeling in the talent
Spot on.

Imagine a defence consisting of McAsey, Doedee, Milera, Talia, Brown and Gould.
HB: Laird, McAsey, Gould
B: Doedee, Talia, Brown
Int: Hamill

Now that is a phenomenal back 7...tough, versatile, good in air and on ground.

Butts comes in when Talia drops off the perch or McAsey goes forward.

I also haven't given up Doedee playing midfield one day so Gould just assumes a taller opponent in the structure and another runner comes in (Smith/Milera could rotate back)

Everyone going nuts because he isn't jumping up and down with Joy.

Seen a few interviews with this bloke he is all business and doesn't crack a smile often and I don't think he is one that gets too carried away with emotions.

Hamish and the team would have done their homework with this lad and if they had doubts they wouldn't have picked him

Time will tell

Everyone going nuts because he isn't jumping up and down with Joy.

Seen a few interviews with this bloke he is all business and doesn't crack a smile often and I don't think he is one that gets too carried away with emotions.

Hamish and the team would have done their homework with this lad and if they had doubts they wouldn't have picked him

Time will tell
People are just looking for the negatives.

Watched his interview, what was all the carry on about? He was fine, he’s obviously a reserved character.
Yep. If you watch his draft night interview and he doesn't seem excited but if you go and watch his other pre-draft inteviews, he sounds exactly the same. Maybe that's just how he is.

Not saying I have any facts or inside knowledge whatsoever, however if I'm Sydney and I wanted Stephens and Adelaide were in front of me, I'd be making it absolutely known that I was interested in someone else hoping and praying that Adelaide get out of the way.

Once Adelaide took the bait and were out of the way, i wouldn't be so guarded. I'd be interested in knowing when the links with Stephens and Sydney started.

Given their sneakiness last year and pushing the boundaries of draft rules, I rate the Sydney draft team highly, so wouldn't put this past them.

But Stephens was the one that we knew was in demand at the pointy end.
We knew McAsey wasnt.

Theres no way we take that risk if Stephens was really our target.

I can't stand low IQ individuals. They should be wiped from the genepool for the sake of the human race. It is disgusting that you morons masquerade as intelligent life forms stealing oxygen from higher beings.

Consider for half a second that what you took for utter disappointment was in fact- nerves. Nervous not to look stupid on camera, nervous about getting up on stage and NOT tripping, nervous to be shaking hands with a high flyer and then your new coach, then to give an interview live.

If you mistook that for sadness at joining a club he had been linked with for a long time and likely had a lot of contact with then remove yourself from the gene pool and don't reproduce. You are a burden on the species and like all burdens, you should be left to perish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't stand low IQ individuals. They should be wiped from the genepool for the sake of the human race. It is disgusting that you morons masquerade as intelligent life forms stealing oxygen from higher beings.

Consider for half a second that what you took for utter disappointment was in fact- nerves. Nervous not to look stupid on camera, nervous about getting up on stage and NOT tripping, nervous to be shaking hands with a high flyer and then your new coach, then to give an interview live.

If you mistook that for sadness at joining a club he had been linked with for a long time and likely had a lot of contact with then remove yourself from the gene pool and don't reproduce. You are a burden on the species and like all burdens, you should be left to perish.

A+ for content
D- for aggressive approach

In other words, I agree with you but you approached it like a douche.

He didnt look excited but maybe thats how he comes across. he would have known for a while now the Crows were super keen etc
Maybe he was playing it cool.
im very happy with this selection

We knew McAsey wasnt.

I'd like to know when we started to find out Stephens was in demand high up in the draft order. I'd wager that it was after we did the draft swap.

We knew McAsey wasnt.

There were a few clubs lining up for McAsey, it's clear as day he was the one we wanted.

I'd like to know when we started to find out Stephens was in demand high up in the draft order. I'd wager that it was after we did the draft swap.

That is literally the worst case scenario.
If we wanted Stephens we wouldn't have taken the risk full stop.

He didnt look excited but maybe thats how he comes across. he would have known for a while now the Crows were super keen etc
Maybe he was playing it cool.
im very happy with this selection
the fact that none of the so called experts had him in the top 10 says a lot too. this was a left field pick up for everyone but the 2 people that matter, young fischer and the crows

Didn't we say that we saw players 3-10 as being very even and that's why we were happy to downgrade our pick?

With Lever we specifically said that we thought the player we were after would still be there
Didn't he say that about Lever after?

I don't think he would say it before the draft as you open yourself to looking foolish.

Back