Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a feeling Lever would bail on us, even when he was blowing smoke up asses telling us how loyal he was. It was the vibe man. He just seemed very full of himself.
I personally thought he would have stayed if it was for the insane money Melbourne offered for a 21 year old.

I personally thought he would have stayed if it was for the insane money Melbourne offered for a 21 year old.

We better be prepared to match the "insane money" offers that will inevitably come for McAsey.

Time to throw our pay structure in the bin.

We better be prepared to match the "insane money" offers that will inevitably come for McAsey.

We don't have anyone worth paying except for kids and maybe the Crouches. Better not * it up

Hopefully he can step up and play CHB next year in place of Hartigan and then move forward in a few years time.
Watched the VM v WA Championsip game again last night, obviously watching McAsey closely .....gee he's a great player in the making ....was the General of the def ...flying for marks, tackling, running hard :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Have no doubts he can play games next season ....depending on injuries

Watched the VM v WA Championsip game again last night, obviously watching McAsey closely .....gee he's a great player in the making ....was the General of the def ...flying for marks, tackling, running hard :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Have no doubts he can play games next season ....depending on injuries
Did you find that on YouTube? Trying to find it and not coming up

Did you find that on YouTube? Trying to find it and not coming up
Every game (almost) of the Championship is linked here ....and a couple of posts after

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As weird as it sounds He and Worrell will take pressure off Fog being the only exceptional young kpp talent we have on the list

You could feel the pressure on Fog when he played last season the fans and crowd want him to be a star, need him to be star as we could see our older kpp declining, I certainly feel much more relaxed about our future after the draft.

Jun 15, 2017 3:02PM
Results from the NAB AFL U16 Championships Division One matches

Vic Metro 12.11 83 d Vic Country 9.8 62

Goals
Vic M: McAsey 5, Rossiter 3, Jeja 2, Bianco, Ramsey
Vic C: Gundry 2, Flanders 2, Stuart, Serong, Barker, Kaak, Schischka

Best
Vic M: Rowell, Mahony, Anderson, McAsey, Witts, Bianco
Vic C: Young, Kemp, Serong, Flanders, De Koning, Stephens, Gundry

$900K per year for a 21 year old......what other club besides Melbourne would have done that to get Lever (given Jeremy McGovern re-signed for $1M per year)?
But I agree, if we had offer him $750K instead of similar to Mitch McGovern's contract of around $600K than he likely would have stayed as the difference would have only been $150K per year instead of $300K (which is a huge difference).

Last edited:
Wasn't it rumoured his girlfriend/fiance wanted to move back to Melbourne ASAP as well though? If that's the case, he would've left eventually and we got a decent deal for him.

Wasn't it rumoured his high school teacher wanted to move back to Melbourne ASAP as well though to have his children? If that's the case, he would've left eventually and we got a decent deal for him.
EFA

Keeps saying “glad to finally be at a club” over and over again.

Would make me calmer if he stated he’s happy to be at the AFC, just once.

We’ll see.
I was thinking the same thing but then i thought about it and why would he be happy to join Adelaide in particular? Why would any draftee be happy to join any particular club unless it is the team that they barrack for? 95% of draftees wouldn't be at their preferred club but I'm sure that they are all excited to be at "a" club. At least Fischer is being honest.

I was thinking the same thing but then i thought about it and why would he be happy to join Adelaide in particular? Why would any draftee be happy to join any particular club unless it is the team that they barrack for? 95% of draftees wouldn't be at their preferred club but I'm sure that they are all excited to be at "a" club. At least Fischer is being honest.
I agree the honsety is refreshing, don't want players saying they're excited to be a one club player and captain one day because the likelyhood is pretty much 1%

Club loyalty is all but dead for players, this next generation will be all about how much money they can earn and how much success they can have, the club is a vehicle now its no longer a home

just a hypothetical. I am on record that I am very happy we took McAsey but how do we think the club may have gone if they thought GWS may not have matched a bid for Tom Green - would Tom Green at pick 4 have been the way the club more likely would have gone? What are the thoughts of fellow posters on whom may have been the best get for us if there was a chance we could have grabbed Green...(I'll stress I am very very happy we took mcAsey and I see him - assuming we can keep a hold of him - as being the centrepiece of our defence for the next decade)

just a hypothetical. I am on record that I am very happy we took McAsey but how do we think the club may have gone if they thought GWS may not have matched a bid for Tom Green - would Tom Green at pick 4 have been the way the club more likely would have gone? What are the thoughts of fellow posters on whom may have been the best get for us if there was a chance we could have grabbed Green...(I'll stress I am very very happy we took mcAsey and I see him - assuming we can keep a hold of him - as being the centrepiece of our defence for the next decade)
I think we would have taken green as he would have been best talent avaliable if he was able to be selected, I think retention would still be an issue, his grandfather played in 4 premierships for Richmond. Outside of football you can make s**t ton more money in Victoria.

List wise I believe we made the correct decision so im happy Green wasnt avaliable to us as we desperately needed young kpp talent

Back