Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Where did I say it was ever more than a gut feel on my part with McAsey, and where exactly did I claim I had a source, for starters McAsey is a Vic Metro lad and I certainly don't move in those circles. All ever said was all the smoke signals in Victoria would lead to most people thinking he was gone.....and I had plenty of mates on this board in that regard.

So yes it's a pleasant surprise because he definitely shaped as the best KPD in his draft.

Maybe the Adelaide Crows aren't the sh*t show you continue to spout with all the young players putting their autograph on contracts?

Yeah Crows aren't a s**t show at all, you must be right.

Not like we've had an embarrassing * up that has had us lambasted in the media in the past week is it?

Smart decision by mcasey to stay. Let's hope he can turn things around and prove he was first round pick material.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was big on him leading up to the draft I knew we needed a star KPD to replace an aging Talia, and I was excited when we got him.

However can't say I didn't believe the rumours running wild that he wanted out, and I was pissed about it.

So really amazing News that Young Fischer has decided to stay at Adelaide, is important for our future

I've seen every match this year so far. He is very strong at reading the play and getting in the right positions, and his marking is quite good. Getting better at the 1-on-1 defensive stuff too. His main issue is disposal which is very much like Daniel Talia
I've seen every match also, and watched him before this year and I actually think his disposal is fairly good overall. In fact we have gone from a woeful team disposal wise to quite a good one in a couple of years.

Nice one Fischer. Coming along nicely in the SANFL. Not too long before he and/or Worrell are playing AFL.

Next big signatures please... Tommy Doedee & Fog.

So all of Butts, Worrell and McAsey resigned and surely we retain Murray after this year seeing he has exceeded all expectations. Pretty solid effort by the end of April.

It does beg the question of are we preparing for a life without Talia sooner, rather than later?

You would hope so. He looked cooked last year and it's doubtful he'll play many games this year.

The body language experts of big footy proven wrong again.
I thought he would bail for sure. Nothing to do with his body language though. It was simply the safer bet given the club's atrocious record at player retention over the years. With Worrell and McAsey re-signing, both vic metro boys, we now have some concrete proof that the club is turning it's culture around and players want to be here. This means I'll need to take a less cynical view or risk getting caught out like those w***ers in the Vic footy media.

We should be throwing coin at Day
I'd be leaning towards Stephens (Sydney). We do need potentially classy midfielders, and really, Syndey is looking like they'll morph into a pretty scary unit in the near future. Seems rather doable at this point in time.

This. Have to capitalise on the vibe now. This reminds me of another club. A history of player retention issues. Lots of high picks walking out. Backs against the walls. But then they found a core group of kids to build around. The right people/characters, the right culture. And they all stayed. Smart recruiting - picking up an undervalued inside ball winner for virtually nothing (Lyons - us with Keays). And then they picked up Neale. Now Daniher. There's no reason to think that can't be us, and a club that was once considered the opposite of a destination club becomes just a little bit more homely for those chasing a seachange.

Day would be unreal. Kid has something special. But he'll cost the world in a role we probably don't need.

Stephens makes much more sense. Local boy. Hasn't been given a run at it. Players have gone past him from within a bit unexpectedly. I don't think they expected Gulden/Campbell to be what they've been when they drafted Dylan, nor Blakey a wingman. The emergence of Warner and Rowbottom and the resultant push of Florent to the outside. Not to mention the small dimensions of the SCG being the opposite of what a player like Stephens craves. Not sure where his 'in' comes from. And we'd love someone like that.

Back