Game Day 2019 Draft - picks 23, 55, 60, 65, 68, 83 Thursday 28 November : Mead + 2 picks?

Remove this Banner Ad

So what’s the washup of the trade /draft period in its entirety?

It seems we’ve gained a couple 2020 second rounders and a couple later 2020 picks and lost a 2020 first rounder.
It seems to be a reasonable points base for bid matching.

We end up with mead plus the three other kids inside 22 (two at least seem to have Maccas - and fox footys blessing) without going into any points debt afaik (they only flashed it up on screen quickly)

I think it’s a too early to tell case personally.

Where we finish next year will have a bit to play in it.

Well if it helps I heard we are a lock to select this Grundy guy
Yeah, it's what
A pretty solid contributior I Cluzza,
An aging and small Jonas
Westhoff..

Burton playing above his height class
Jack watts who has played all of 5 quarters down back

And Grundy a raw rookie.

I know I'm saying another rookie pick but needs are there for sure

The more I think about it the more I want Finlay tomorrow
We're pretty bare in the key defender stakes and it's not like there is one coming next year with schofield and Jones

Agreed. Apparently a mega talented sporting all-rounder from Quorn way.
His Dad Mick was a larrikin and a brilliant sportman as well.
Definitley worth drafting.

So what’s the washup of the trade /draft period in its entirety?

It seems we’ve gained a couple 2020 second rounders and a couple later 2020 picks and lost a 2020 first rounder.
It seems to be a reasonable points base for bid matching.

We end up with mead plus the three other kids inside 22 (two at least seem to have Maccas - and fox footys blessing) without going into any points debt afaik (they only flashed it up on screen quickly)

I think it’s a too early to tell case personally.

Where we finish next year will have a bit to play in it.

Risk/Reward this draft. All three could fail, all three could boom big time. The good thing is we've brought in 4 legitimate match winners as forwards. After Rozee and Butters last year, as well as Woodcock and Farrell, I like what we've done in the forward half of the ground.

And we've set ourselves up reasonably well for next year as well. 3 second rounders is a good position to be in.

I’m nervous as hell about this draft haul. Lots of risk. Injured players galore, and lots of projection going on over actual production.

Having said that we’ve drafted 189,192,186cms. So good sized blokes.

We’ve gone for high upside.

We’ve gone for forwards, and possible match winners.

We’ve gone for good kicks.

And all 3 are very excellent in the air.

I think we’ve reached a bit and taken a big risk but at least I can see some of the positives.

The fact we’ve brought in 2 extra 2nds without giving up anything has settled me a lot as well.

My main concern is that the back and foot problems of Williams and Bergman sound like they have the potential to be long-term or recurring. I really hope our medical guys have done due diligence and that those two guys in particular are not pushed too hard too early.

I’m nervous as hell about this draft haul. Lots of risk. Injured players galore, and lots of projection going on over actual production.

Having said that we’ve drafted 189,192,186cms. So good sized blokes.

We’ve gone for high upside.

We’ve gone for forwards, and possible match winners.

We’ve gone for good kicks.

And all 3 are very excellent in the air.

I think we’ve reached a bit and taken a big risk but at least I can see some of the positives.

The fact we’ve brought in 2 extra 2nds without giving up anything has settled me a lot as well.
And our forward half has been our massive issue for years.
Defence we’ve been doing ok, even without Doogs in general.
If we can pick up a tall defender today I am really happy but the club had opportunities to do so last night but in the heirarchy of wants and needs they obviously didn’t see a defender in their top 4 picks.
Drafting has been pretty good over last 3 years so I won’t complain too much.
They know their plans and we aren’t privy to them.
Will see how they pan out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kornes is over the moon with Crows drafting but of course, in opposition to Fox, contrary about ours.
And if he says ‘today will be a massive program’ on SEN one more time for one more day my head will explode.
Bring back Coons.
He is like a dog with a bone. Won’t let go.
Shame he isn’t the same in regards Ken.

Last edited:
Kochy has to get back to how he started in the role - let the footballers football and he can focus on off field stuff.

At least this was a good outcome.

The alternative could’ve been akin to the 2017 EF, with him berating the kids for not getting drafted here.

Don’t think
And our forward half has been our massive issue for years.
Defence we’ve been doing ok, even without Doogs in general.
If we can pick up a tall defender today I am really happy but the club had opportunities to do so last night but in the heirarchy of wants and needs they obviously didn’t see a defender in their top 4 picks.
Drafting has been pretty good over last 3 years so I won’t complain too much.
They know their plans and we aren’t privy to them.
Will see how they pan out.
the players in our forward half hasn’t been the issue. We could of had buddy Riewoldt and Hawkins down there the way the ball was coming in they would of kicked bugger all goals. You can’t dump it on top of blokes or bomb it in and then think s**t our forwards suck. We could probably count on our hands Alone he number of times we hit a key forward on a genuine lead over the last year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back