Game Day 2019 Draft - picks 23, 55, 60, 65, 68, 83 Thursday 28 November : Mead + 2 picks?

HinkleysHeroes

Premiership Player
Jul 1, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Felt like a classic Choco draft, was not the drafting of a team that wants to finish 10th.
I know I'm just a white noise fossil but having a Mead and probably a Burgoyne back at the club makes me happy.

Look forward to seeing the kids play next year.
I'm happy with Mead but the Burgoyne selection is like the crows picking the Jarman kid. The old Port would not give a list spot to a name, the old Port would selecte best available.

Visenfest

Chasing stability
Oct 3, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm happy with Mead but the Burgoyne selection is like the crows picking the Jarman kid. The old Port would not give a list spot to a name, the old Port would selecte best available.
It's a rookie spot, and Burgoyne looks like he's got some talent and upside to work with. Nothing wrong with using a rookie pick on him.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
I don't care about the first round of next years draft, priority now is getting first pick of the second round again - hell that worth it's weight!!

Need to get points to match any bids for Taj and Jones, plus an early enough pick to nab Borlase that the Cows won't bother to match (providing he is good enough).

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Burgoyne is a perfect rookie list player.

Plenty of upside. A few questions.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
If you dont select a Burgoyne(s) and later a Wanganeen, even as a Rookie... You are not Port Adelaide!

It was a NO contest!

If Parker and co were picking on name only Mitch Mead would be on a rookie list.

They think Trent Burgoyne has something to offer.

If Parker and co were picking on name only Mitch Mead would be on a rookie list.

They think Trent Burgoyne has something to offer.

Yeah, we've never been on the Crows picking Ben Jarman level.

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Felt like a classic Choco draft, was not the drafting of a team that wants to finish 10th.
I know I'm just a white noise fossil but having a Mead and probably a Burgoyne back at the club makes me happy.

Look forward to seeing the kids play next year.

Classic Choco draft :oops:
Still love the man but his interventions to push for Motlop and Westhoff jnr haunt me. And given his influence presume he had a significant part in those diabolical draft years in the mid 2000s.

Jun 7, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Classic Choco draft :oops:
Still love the man but his interventions to push for Motlop and Westhoff jnr haunt me. And given his influence presume he had a significant part in those diabolical draft years in the mid 2000s.

By my (poor) recollection a Choco draft was one where we took a risk on players that slid due to injuries.

But everyone would perceive a Choco draft differently :thumbsu:

Harley was traded for #37 which became Adam Morgan.

Che was traded for #23 (Chris Ladhams)

Damon White at #62 wasn't really a risky slider.

wayb2912

Club Legend
Nov 30, 2009
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Magpies
Question about Borlase and next years draft, can he choose to not nominate as a Crows academy player and therefore be taken as a father son? He is a very good key defender who looks ready to play even this year.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

JakeNeadeFan

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Question about Borlase and next years draft, can he choose to not nominate as a Crows academy player and therefore be taken as a father son? He is a very good key defender who looks ready to play even this year.

He can choose to not nominate for NGA and go into the open draft. He is not eligible for Father Son.

NoddyHolder

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 2, 2014
Tralfamadore
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Doesn't qualify as father son for us. And having spent virtually his entire childhood and youth playing stick ball in the shadows of the pyramids he'll probably be so grateful for the opportunity the crows are giving him he won't consider not nominating them

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots

The fact that the fruit of Russell Ebert's loins was not technically eligible to be taken by Port Adelaide as a father-son tells you all you need to know about the fairness of the system.

Back