List Mgmt. 2019 Draft Prospect Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Could be just me but I feel as though the whole concept of a Phantom Draft has gone out the window with live pick trading!

You can do Phantom Drafts with Trades Included

Could be just me but I feel as though the whole concept of a Phantom Draft has gone out the window with live pick trading!

Still gives you a rough guide on where players sit or are rated, its more that our picks have left little to get excited about in a "suspense" sense, as we knew Quaynor was coming a long way out and this year we start at 35 and the following 2 years are also already known.

I’ve finally decided on which players I’d like us to take this year.

My first preference is Will Gould, but we have next to no chance to drafting him.

Jake Riccardi - 195 - KPF
Harrison Jones - 195 - KPF
Trent Rivers - 188 - inside Mid
Jeremy Sharp - 189 - outside mid
Jay Rantall - 184 - HFF

Josh May - 198 - Winger
Cooper Sharman - 192 - KPF
Sam Philip - 185 - Inside Mid

The 3 boys towards the end may be available at our later picks. However, the other blokes (bloke) would have to be taken with our second round pick.

Harrison Jones & Josh May are the players I’d choose. I suspect Riccardi will be fine by our pick. Hoping a few slide.

Gould slides, IMO. Weighing in at 106kg at the combine is not going to reflect well on him.

It’s never impacted American sport?

Does anybody know if Caleb Serong is related to 1958 premiership player Bill Serong?
Can't answer that.
Can tell you the family is from Italian decent.
He has a brother named Watt and a sister named That.

Gould slides, IMO. Weighing in at 106kg at the combine is not going to reflect well on him.

It’s never impacted American sport?

I suppose so. I'm just not sure if I should be expecting to pick up a Byrnes at 35 or if we're trying to go 10-18 for a Worrell type.

I mean, do I watch 35 different highlights videos or do I pick out a specific range and run with that 😉

I suppose so. I'm just not sure if I should be expecting to pick up a Byrnes at 35 or if we're trying to go 10-18 for a Worrell type.

I mean, do I watch 35 different highlights videos or do I pick out a specific range and run with that 😉

Do it for who you think is going to be there at 35 and then be surprised when we move up? I’ll give you the tip if we do jump up the order you won’t pick who it’s to grab!

Do it for who you think is going to be there at 35 and then be surprised when we move up? I’ll give you the tip if we do jump up the order you won’t pick who it’s to grab!

There can't be that many players with a) little exposure to the elite pathways, b) recent crossovers from other sports or c) is so left field they don't even have a photo for him (Sier)...

Can't answer that.
Nobody called Wee Too Low

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There can't be that many players with a) little exposure to the elite pathways, b) recent crossovers from other sports or c) is so left field they don't even have a photo for him (Sier)...

Maybe just stick to ground level players that win their own ball? Regardless of whether we trade up or not it’s a pretty safe bet we’ll go small.

This thread is asking who we'll pick with number 35. Sadly, it will be whoever is the best prospect after the previous 34 picks.

A bit like waiting in line at Bunnings behind 34 others for a sausage sandwich, and finding it's a bit undercooked, or even been sitting in the bottom of the sausage tray since early in the morning.

That's where the old saying comes from. Low draft picks are like Bunnings sausages. they always smell better than they taste (That just doesn't sound right).

Found a famous Collingwood surname in the phantom draft. Does anybody know if Caleb Serong is related to 1958 premiership player Bill Serong? It’s such an unusual surname that surely they are related....

Caleb Serong celebrates a goal for Vic Country. Picture: Getty Images

CALEB SERONG

It isn’t as clear cut as some of his fellow draftees, but somewhere in the family bloodlines Caleb is related to Bill Serong, who played in the 1950s and 60s for Collingwood. Bill’s first year was 1956, with the Magpies losing that season in the Grand Final Melbourne. He also played one season at North Melbourne.

Can't answer that.
His sister is actually 'The', which makes sense when the cousins are together, because his uncle married a Vietnamese lady and gave birth to Phuc.

What The Phuc Serong.

CALEB SERONG

It isn’t as clear cut as some of his fellow draftees, but somewhere in the family bloodlines Caleb is related to Bill Serong, who played in the 1950s and 60s for Collingwood. Bill’s first year was 1956, with the Magpies losing that season in the Grand Final Melbourne. He also played one season at North Melbourne.

So Distant Relative then

Thanks for this

The kid I heard we were really keen on trading up to get is listed in that phantom draft at pick 8

I suspect our chances of getting him are non-existent
Mmmmm very cryptic of you not naming him.

I wonder who this kid could be? :think:

Last edited:

In all seriousness though, the kid sounds like an Elliott clone. Could see why the Dees would look at him after missing out on the real deal.

Cant remember who mentioned it but I thought someone mentioned Josh Worrell (18 in that Phantom) as the player we were trying to move up the order for; not Weightman.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cant remember who mentioned it but I thought someone mentioned Josh Worrell (18 in that Phantom) as the player we were trying to move up the order for; not Weightman.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm sorry but Balti Jack has spoken!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back